Encouraging Kyler Murray Trends

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not going to stress out too much about this. We pass so much that a rate stat like TD percentage doesn't have a lot of value. I think the more important thing to look at is points per drive. Cards are 23rd in that stat.

Cards are also 29th in 3 and outs per drive (more than a quarter of our drives end in 3 and outs; the NFL average is 1 in 5.
Is that trending or static?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its cumulative over the season.
I understood that. I was more curious if on a game-by-game basis it was consistent or if we saw a trend in a couple positive direction, or if it was more scattershot. With him being a rookie I’m looking for signs of improvement.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I understood that. I was more curious if on a game-by-game basis it was consistent or if we saw a trend in a couple positive direction, or if it was more scattershot. With him being a rookie I’m looking for signs of improvement.
I mean, that’s a hard one to trend because the sample size is small. Last week the Cards had 10 drives and 2 of them were 3 and out. We had 2.6 points per drive.

Against Seattle we had 2 3 and outs in 10 drives and one series where we had 1 play then a pick. We had 1.0 points per drive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, that’s a hard one to trend because the sample size is small. Last week the Cards had 10 drives and 2 of them were 3 and out. We had 2.6 points per drive.

Against Seattle we had 2 3 and outs in 10 drives and one series where we had 1 play then a pick. We had 1.0 points per drive.
So it seems fairly consistent although likely weighted I’m guessing by a really awful first game. Would that be accurate?

I think it’s a somewhat difficult stat to look at this early in a season due to just what you point out, limited data. Just 2 more 3 and outs over five games has a big impact on percentages. Will be more yelling maybe once we are at midway of season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So it seems fairly consistent although likely weighted I’m guessing by a really awful first game. Would that be accurate?

I think it’s a somewhat difficult stat to look at this early in a season due to just what you point out, limited data. Just 2 more 3 and outs over five games has a big impact on percentages. Will be more yelling maybe once we are at midway of season.

Meh.

You must be registered for see images attach

To me this points to a weakness in opponents. We've had a particularly bad game against Seattle, and a particularly good game against Cincy.

The Rolling three-game average gives you about 30 data points, which I hope can provide a better idea of trends.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Meh.

To me this points to a weakness in opponents. We've had a particularly bad game against Seattle, and a particularly good game against Cincy.

The Rolling three-game average gives you about 30 data points, which I hope can provide a better idea of trends.

I'm encouraged by the low three and outs.

Looking at the bright side. I worry more about offenses with lots of 3 & outside. Having fewer three and outside tells me that execution or certain situations are the problem, but the overall scheme is sound.

The past two weeks have been alot more encouraging even considering Murray's poor play at times at Seattle.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Total QBR (factoring toughness of defense) 56.2. 12th in the league

Raw QBR (just based soley on performance) 63.2 9th in the league
@Crimson Warrior

I'm so proud of him Sooner Lou.

I think Murray is energizing this offense.

They look like they're having fun out there.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki
@mikejurecki

·
28m

#AZCardinals after six games last year the offense scored 82 points, this year 134 points.

The Cardinals didn't get their third win until week 13, December, 2nd vs Packers.
The team we beat for 2 of our wins last yr, I would love to sweep this yr but I may as well $#\+ in one hand, wish in the other & see which one fills up first lol?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so proud of him Sooner Lou.

I think Murray is energizing this offense.

They look like they're having fun out there.

When he energizes this offense to wins against some of the better defenses in the NFL that will be encouraging.Beating up on ******* teams is expected.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here's the trends updated through the Atlanta game:

I added an NFL average line for each category to show where we are relative to the rest of the league. Treads are going in the right direction.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's the trends updated through the Atlanta game:

I added an NFL average line for each category to show where we are relative to the rest of the league. Treads are going in the right direction.
Thx k9. I think these are interesting stats. And I like the fact you included the NFL averages as benchmarks. Gives it good context.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Thanks for the homework K9, appreciate it sir. We can probably expect the offense's nice run to continue for another week.

But then we play possibly the best defense in the league (New Orleans). So the witching hour draws nigh for Kyler Murray and the Miracles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose