Any Posters Who Still Think

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So you’re going to sit on the sidelines for a year or two? Did you watch this team last year. Seriously Bud, I cannot believe you aren’t at least excited a little bit based on what he’s done and the growth he has shown as the season has rolled along.

But okay. I won’t bother you anymore but there are probably a lot of great seats available as you watch the bandwagon go rolling by.

To an extent, there is some truth to what BW52 is saying. Sometimes these first year QB's come out like gangbusters and everyone falls all over themselves with the overhype machine. And then year two they fall on their face. Take Baker as an example. Before this season began, all the talking heads were putting his name in the same sentence as Brady, Rodgers, etc... Now how does that look. Same thing with Kapernick and a few other guys.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To an extent, there is some truth to what BW52 is saying. Sometimes these first year QB's come out like gangbusters and everyone falls all over themselves with the overhype machine. And then year two they fall on their face. Take Baker as an example. Before this season began, all the talking heads were putting his name in the same sentence as Brady, Rodgers, etc... Now how does that look. Same thing with Kapernick and a few other guys.

so....

dont get excited.

I know he looks really good right now but he might suck

so, stop being excited.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since KM depends on KK offense who wants to change their offense to fit Murray?Otherwise IMO
these guys are more valuable to their teams right now.
1.Tom Brady-just being Brady
2.Russell Wilson-14 TD passes 0 ints
3.Pat Mahomes-enough said
4.Deshaun Watson-12 TDs 3 ints
5.lamar Jackson-10-3 record as a starting QB 11 TDs 5 ints
6.Christian McCaffrey-nearly 1000 yards from scrimmmage
7.Teddy Bridgewater 4-0 replacing injured Brees,
8.Kyle Allen 4-0 replacing Cam Newton-saved their butts for a while
9.Derek Carr-3-2 record with the worst WR bunch in the NFL

your gushing over a guy with 6 games homerism to the extreme.Would I trade Murray for a number 1 pick? I would seriously think hard about it.Murray is a rookie QB on a team with low expectations.So you tell me why KM is so freaking great right now.I said he played a good game yesterday IMO.

Thank goodness you’re not our GM. Wait a minute here........is that you Steve???

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I hate unnuanced points likes these.

Many different reasons why 2nd year qbs get back to earth.

For the Browns its scheme and Baker trying to make plays on the run that he doesn't have the arm talent like Murray to make.

As long as K2 and K1 continue to evolve. Murrays arm talent release included will make up for a lot as well.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since KM depends on KK offense who wants to change their offense to fit Murray?Otherwise IMO
these guys are more valuable to their teams right now.
1.Tom Brady-just being Brady
2.Russell Wilson-14 TD passes 0 ints
3.Pat Mahomes-enough said
4.Deshaun Watson-12 TDs 3 ints
5.lamar Jackson-10-3 record as a starting QB 11 TDs 5 ints
6.Christian McCaffrey-nearly 1000 yards from scrimmmage
7.Teddy Bridgewater 4-0 replacing injured Brees,
8.Kyle Allen 4-0 replacing Cam Newton-saved their butts for a while
9.Derek Carr-3-2 record with the worst WR bunch in the NFL

your gushing over a guy with 6 games homerism to the extreme.Would I trade Murray for a number 1 pick? I would seriously think hard about it.Murray is a rookie QB on a team with low expectations.So you tell me why KM is so freaking great right now.I said he played a good game yesterday IMO.

Stop being emotional and look at what you are seeing on the field, granted we have the Giants coming up. Really hoping to get the W so we can walk in strong into the later half

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate unnuanced points likes these.

Many different reasons why 2nd year qbs get back to earth.

For the Browns its scheme and Baker trying to make plays on the run that he doesn't have the arm talent like Murray to make.

As long as K2 and K1 continue to evolve. Murrays arm talent release included will make up for a lot as well.

It's not even that IMo it's simply Cleveland's OL is terrible but they spent money going to get Wr's to throw the ball to. So the OC/Coach has a dilemma they're clearly better running than throwing because of the OL but he's got 2 really good Wr's so he feels compelled to throw. Instead of tailoring the offense to fit what they can do OL wise, he's asking the OL to block longer than they can on deeper routes. They showed it duruing the 49ers loss I can't remember it exactly but Cleveland is running a much deeper pass route offense than most teams in the NFL, the exact opposite of what they should do with that OL.

IN general I think QB's who peter out in year 2 etc due so for reasons like injury, or because they were put in systems schemed for them but over time became tough to sustain. both RG3 and Kaep fall into the latter, they were great but anybody who knew anything about physics and sports medicine could see they were taking too many big hits and it if it continued, they'd get hurt. the coaches inevitably tried to get them to play in the pocket more and they fell apart.

Kyler is already a pocket passer, we run him yes but we really aren't rolling him out much. Look at the offense Shanahan did in Denver for Jake, and how once they tried to make it less rollout centric, Jake couldn't do it to his satisfaction so he drafted another QB. Look at what the same coach did with RG3.

Yes we have tailored the offense to Kyler but it's not a bunch of misdirection rollouts, or things like that. We actually drop back and throw the ball from the pocket quite often.

Yes teams will scout him and get tendencies etc but I don't think his success is anything like some of those other guys and unlike RG3 and CK, Kyler doesn't get hit much. I don't care if he sits down or not if he is not getting hit I'm fine with it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people don`t judge after only 6 games into a career.Some prefer to wait and see over a longer amount of time.
I don’t believe anybody is putting in the ring of honor quite yet. But as a fan and watching what we are seeing is exciting. The real excitement is he is getting better every week. It would be different if he threw 8 td passes in the first two games and would have suck since.

We would have been saying he was a flash in the pan and the league has already caught up with him.

I’m going to enjoy and I am not going to worry about year two or three quite yet. Enjoy the ride!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumb. Stop calling people trolls for having other opinions.

I’m on the bright side at the moment but a troll is someone who just sticks around to get a reaction. Can’t blame someone for wanting to give it some time.
Solar you are a perfect example of what most posters reaction should be. You were one of the most adamant about Murray being a mistake but you are now at least enjoying the moment with cautious optimism.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, most on the board knew this team wasn’t going to win many games. You may be miffed with us realists but we feel the same about the kool aid drinkers who say we aren’t true fans. This team hasn’t turn the corner, they won by the skin of their teeth against CIN & ATL. ATL the way they were playing may have won the game in OT if their money K doesn’t shank the extra point. This defense is going to cost this team wins going forward. The positive IMO is the offense looks to be improving but the test will come against a good team’s defense. As BW52 said, there are no moral victories, the proof is in the pudding.

Regarding DAL, they were overhyped. I knew they would choke at some point this year. Had DAL lost to NY, WAS & MIA, you think their fans would be as optimistic as the kool aid drinkers on this board? Their fans would be rioting because their expectations were higher than ours going into the season.
Of course not because Dallas was in the playoffs and expected to be good. There fans would be burning the stadium down had they lost to those three teams.

Can’t hate the kool aid gang for enjoying a little success. I haven’t seen one poster claim we’ve turned the program around and are headed to the playoffs.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I understand this thread. He throws the wet blanket in other threads discussing KM.

You read his posts over the last several months and it's just regurgitated vitriol.

If you read my posts you will see I have made some compliments toward Murrays play.Calling a opinion regurgitated vitriol because you dislike it reeks of hypocrisy IMO.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being a sunshine pumper with this team has made me a bit cautious and jaded.
Sunshine pumpers are few and far between. There was a bit of in the draft but grudges only lead to unhappiness and stress.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I don’t believe anybody is putting in the ring of honor quite yet. But as a fan and watching what we are seeing is exciting. The real excitement is he is getting better every week. It would be different if he threw 8 td passes in the first two games and would have suck since.!

There’s a dude who posted in here that kyler is a top 10 player in the league. Kid made me a believer yesterday but Jesus he’s barely a top 10 QB nevermind top 10 in all the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There’s a dude who posted in here that kyler is a top 10 player in the league. Kid made me a believer yesterday but Jesus he’s barely a top 10 QB nevermind top 10 in all the NFL.

No I believe he said top 10 most valuable. There’s a difference Because he’s a qb his value is greatly inflated. I haven’t taken the time to look, but it might not be an outlandish statement.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The dink and dunk offense stinks IMO.Lets see some more downfield passing.IMO the offense is set up as a security blanket for KM.

It's perfectly reasonable to want to play it safe with a rookie qb in his 6th start, but I think he's blowing past that. KM just threw for 340 yards. According to nextgen stats, his average intended air yards was ranked 20th on the day, but he ended up with the 11th highest average completed air yards, meaning he outperformed the gameplan. 11th most air yards is not what I'd call a dink and dunk offense. Have you watched the Steelers lately? That's a dink and dunk offense. Mason Rudolph/Hodges, I can see them having a problem in another offensive system. KM seems like he could fare pretty well in any system to me.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2019/6

Last edited:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
No I believe he said top 10 most valuable. There’s a difference Because he’s a qb his value is greatly inflated. I haven’t taken the time to look, but it might not be an outlandish statement.

Can we agree on
1)Mahomes
2)Watson
3) Brady
4) Rodgers
5) Lamar Jackson
6)Mack
7) Donald
8) CMC
9)Kamara
10)Russell Wilson
11)Kuchely
12) Gilmore ( been best CB in the league this year)

Just this year at least 10 of those 12 are more valuable than murray. You can say maybe Kamara and Donald may not be this year.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Moral victories count for jackshit.And we BETTER beat teams we should beat.I like it that Cards are competitive...nothing wrong with that.Expecting more because the NUMBER ONE PICK was supposed to be transcendent game changing player is not asking too much IMO.
We had the number one pick which means WE WERE THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL. The number one pick has broke FOUR NFL RECORDS IN SIX GAMES and yet some how it’s not good enough?? This is deeper than hatred.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I understand this thread. He throws the wet blanket in other threads discussing KM.

You read his posts over the last several months and it's just regurgitated vitriol.
I mean, as a former convert from the "vitriol" crowd, I totally get him. It stinks to feel like everyone around you is taking crazy pills about the player, thinking he's amazing when it's a large jump to conclusions.

I've personally seen enough to
We had the number one pick which means WE WERE THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL. The number one pick has broke FOUR NFL RECORDS IN SIX GAMES and yet some how it’s not good enough?? This is deeper than hatred.
Even when I now want to support Murray, it's posts like this that drive me up a wall. He's beaten two of the worst teams in the league. Pump your brakes.

Not yet declaring him the second coming, and not saying he's one of the top 10 assets in the league (lol) aren't ridiculous things.

Some of you have the excitement of puppies.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dumb. Stop calling people trolls for having other opinions.

I’m on the bright side at the moment but a troll is someone who just sticks around to get a reaction. Can’t blame someone for wanting to give it some time.
Stop defending horrible opinions. Anyone who can’t see that KM is breaking NFL RECORDS in his first six games in which he refuses to see is delusional. KM is no David Carr, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, BAKER MAYFIELD who were number one overall picks and can’t seem to get it done. KM is exceed expectations and yet it’s still not good enough for him.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mean, as a former convert from the "vitriol" crowd, I totally get him. It stinks to feel like everyone around you is taking crazy pills about the player, thinking he's amazing when it's a large jump to conclusions.

I've personally seen enough to

Even when I now want to support Murray, it's posts like this that drive me up a wall. He's beaten two of the worst teams in the league. Pump your brakes.

Not yet declaring him the second coming, and not saying he's one of the top 10 assets in the league (lol) aren't ridiculous things.

Some of you have the excitement of puppies.
Everything I said was pure facts I’ll drive your ass to the freaking wall if I have too and I hope you put me on ignore after this. In six games he broke 4 NFL RECORDS as a number one overall pick, and yet you defending bw52’s hatred and definitely not busting like Baker this year or David Carr or Jamarcus Russel before him who were number one overall picks. How about you stop rolling your eyes and sucking your teeth when quote that troll who has irrational hatred talking about gushing down people’s Johnson’s when we something positive about MURRAY.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Stop defending horrible opinions. Anyone who can’t see that KM is breaking NFL RECORDS in his first six games in which he refuses to see is delusional. KM is no David Carr, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, BAKER MAYFIELD who were number one overall picks and can’t seem to get it done. KM is exceed expectations and yet it’s still not good enough for him.
RG3 broke records and is an unequivocal bust. Colin Kaepernick took his team to a Super Bowl. Bust. Michael Vick was a supremely tantalizing player who did nothing for his team.

Chill out. He's won two games against awful teams.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
RG3 broke records and is an unequivocal bust. Colin Kaepernick took his team to a Super Bowl. Bust. Michael Vick was a supremely tantalizing player who did nothing for his team.

Chill out. He's won two games against awful teams.
Dont tell me to chill out when you defend a troll. You have a right to be cautionary optimistic and I didn’t rag on you for that while I have a right to go all in. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH IT THEN PUT ME ON IGNORE. Other then that shut up on my defense of KM expcially when I come with facts. If he didn’t break those records or underperformed then people would be saying he’s a bust.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Everything I said was pure facts I’ll drive your ass to the ******* wall if I have too and I hope you put me on ignore after this.
Get started drinking early for MNF tonight?

Kyler Murray has one of the bottom averages per game of any QB and is succeeding to break those "records" by being top 5 in attempts. He's middle of the pack in TDs. Middle of the pack in INTs. His QB Rating is somewhere in the back third.

Chill out, bro. Take a walk.