Falcons game will tell us a lot

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry not getting too excited yet.

Poor routes/drops by wrs. Poor play calls by Kliff. Kyler missed some throws as well.

Watson just put 400 yards passing 5 tds and over 40 yards rushing vs. the Falcons.

They are team where its time we put up our first 30 point game + and win. They can still score as well.

Is Kyler ready to keep running? Can he avoid the big turnover?
Can Kliff figure out the enigma of the redzone?
Will DJ keep running hard?

Getting to 2-3-1 w/o Peterson would be huge.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Agreed. Murray looked good for most of the game vs the Bengals, but he should as they are the Bengals. He needs to build off this game and play even better vs Atlanta because the offense will need to play very well.

The defense needs to play a lot better and the offensive line needs to play like they did today.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Falcons will likely be slight favorites in the matchup. Their defense is absolutely putrid but so is ours. Their offense however is still potent at times(but also make idiotic mistakes) with better talent than us.

the last 10 years have not been great for the Cards against the Falcons. 1-5, including a couple blowout losses.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Falcons will likely be slight favorites in the matchup. Their defense is absolutely putrid but so is ours. Their offense however is still potent at times with better talent than us.

the last 10 years have not been great for the Cards against the Falcons. 1-5, including a couple blowout losses.
We have a wild card this time though..Kyler Murray. :)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The Falcons are going to decimate us.

Which is ultimately alright. Let's go out and be competitive. I'm sure I'll be told the Falcons are really bad again or something, but meh. Their skill players outrank pretty much everything we have on offense.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Which is ultimately alright. Let's go out and be competitive. I'm sure I'll be told the Falcons are really bad again or something, but meh. Their skill players outrank pretty much everything we have on offense.
If by that you mean that our defense will get lit up by their offense than I agree. Though I think our offense has a chance to have a big day, especially if we can do a solid job in the RZ.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If they do...ok.

However, this offense needs to put up points against them. Anything less than 24 is a major disappointment.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bad coaching can overwhelm good talent.

Which is exactly what’s going in Atlanta.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Decimate? Really? Have we ultimately been "decimated" by any team this year? Seattle maybe..but there can be arguments on both sides of that one imo.. just wondering.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Panthers gouged us with a backup QB!
I guess I just have a different take on the word decimate... Lol...and that backup QB has led that team to three straight wins. But he did have a solid game, no doubt....and imo that was a game until the very end.. we were hardly decimated

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Sorry not getting too excited yet.

Poor routes/drops by wrs. Poor play calls by Kliff. Kyler missed some throws as well.

Watson just put 400 yards passing 5 tds and over 40 yards rushing vs. the Falcons.

They are team where its time we put up our first 30 point game + and win. They can still score as well.

Is Kyler ready to keep running? Can he avoid the big turnover?
Can Kliff figure out the enigma of the redzone?
Will DJ keep running hard?

Getting to 2-3-1 w/o Peterson would be huge.

Glad we get the Falcons at home.

I have zero confidence that our defense can stop Matt Ryan, but 500+ yards by our offense today tells me that maybe we can make it a shoot out.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad we get the Falcons at home.

I have zero confidence that our defense can stop Matt Ryan, but 500+ yards by our offense today tells me that maybe we can make it a shoot out.
Maybe this win reinvigorates the crowd next week a touch and we get some good energy in that building.. I think that will help with any sort of momentum from this win.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How does he do that? He seemed pretty capable today with 2 minutes left..
How does he prepare mentally to win a shoot out? He goes into meetings and practice expecting to need to make big plays and big drives to take leads or answer scores allowed by the defense. I don't know how today would relate to next week other than him leading the Cardinals to a FG after the Bengals scored a TD. Maybe I am not understanding your post.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I'm trying to trade for Matt Ryan in one of my leagues specifically for this game.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does he prepare mentally to win a shoot out? He goes into meetings and practice expecting to need to make big plays and big drives to take leads or answer scores allowed by the defense. I don't know how today would relate to next week other than him leading the Cardinals to a FG after the Bengals scored a TD. Maybe I am not understanding your post.
No you clarified for me.. thx. It just intially came across to me that it was assumed he doesn't already do that every week.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If by that you mean that our defense will get lit up by their offense than I agree. Though I think our offense has a chance to have a big day, especially if we can do a solid job in the RZ.
Bad coaching can overwhelm good talent.

Which is exactly what’s going in Atlanta.
Decimate? Really? Have we ultimately been "decimated" by any team this year? Seattle maybe..but there can be arguments on both sides of that one imo.. just wondering.

In my opinion, we're going to get heavily outscored, as our defense has just about zero chance against the pass, and Austin Hooper is having a career year.

It's awesome that we won today, but we showed a ton of the same struggles we've had all year. We barely held on against the Bengals, who are really, truly, a bad team. We need to convert in the red zone.

Given that we can't stop anyone, I don't think we are at the point where we can keep up, either.

We've had a ton of "we got this" posts throughout the year, and we've just barely avoided losses when we were practically handing the game to the other team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard