It's a KK problem....Not a KM problem.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hard to execute a passing offense when the opposing team is getting home with 4 rushers over and over again. Sure they could run the ball more, but they didn't really abandon it until they fell behind late in the game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watching the Redskins/Bears game.

Trubisky/Nagy actually have a similar game plan to what we were doing against the Panthers. Its just that they executed in the redzone and their wr hit the big play.

Also their defense is playing a helluva lot better than ours, lol.

(Now the game is up until 4th. Basically before we fell off completely)

Edit: Eh..right on cue Trubisky throws an int. See same game plan!!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Hard to execute a passing offense when the opposing team is getting home with 4 rushers over and over again. Sure they could run the ball more, but they didn't really abandon it until they fell behind late in the game.

That’s only if you count qb runs, as maybe I should, after Lamar put up top rb numbers against this defense. But I just can’t, in my heart cause the way KM goes down to one finger tackles or ghost sometimes - lost confidence after those ints - but really never seen him put a shoulder into any defense - which he shouldn’t and coaches shouldn’t teach him too- but Russel Wilson he is Not - I like him and he had some bad drops - but irs not the oline fault - just ain’t - KK is asking the impossible against prideful NFL defenses :hammer:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Its a McVay problem...Not a Goff problem!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think they'll be alright over time. KK/KM that is ;)

You could put me behind center on the Rams and could still go to the SB. They are stacked in the trenches

OP
OP
S

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our defense is a disaster. Anybody that watched the game yesterday and came away blaming the offense wasn't watching. That was not holding up anything by the D. The first two weeks they gave up a ton of yards also.

When your offense sucks this bad...Your defense is on the field WAY too much.

Not saying the defense isn't a large part of the problem, but the offense hasn't helped them out much.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff said that he was going to mesh his offense with NFL plays to create an NFL playbook. So far it doesn't look like he's been doing that enough and is trying to play his version of the college system Air Raid. He needs to start adapting if he wants to win in this league. Needs more tight end play and power running game. Lincoln Riley knew how to make the most of Kyler's talent with a strong running game. Kliff is putting too much on Kyler.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff said that he was going to mesh his offense with NFL plays to create an NFL playbook. So far it doesn't look like he's been doing that enough and is trying to play his version of the college system Air Raid. He needs to start adapting if he wants to win in this league. Needs more tight end play and power running game. Lincoln Riley knew how to make the most of Kyler's talent with a strong running game. Kliff is putting too much on Kyler.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I like Kliff and DO believe he'll be a success.

However..

Pat Mahomes was seen as doing too much/not sticking to the pocket, trying to make hero plays, etc. for a losing Tech team. People were actually surprised Mahomes went as high as he did (viewed as a late 1st rounder)

Now look at him..

If what Kliff didnt win games with Mahomes...then yea it might be time to switch things up. At least until maybe we get the players needed for the system.

Last edited:

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Not worried about KK and the offense around KM. We've shown some great flashes and had nice stretches early in the season with a rookie QB and a rookie HC installing a scheme that was brand new even to our veteran players. It naturally takes some time.

What worries me is the defense, although it can easily be explained what's going on. Lack of talent in the front seven. Only Chandler Jones scares opponents. We get bullied upfront. Suspension/injury at CB. We have to give our bandaid CBs support, leaving the middle wide open to TEs. Once PP returns and Byron Murphy can cover the #2 instead of #1 WR, we will look much better. PP shadowing the #1 WR will result in less zone, more man and more aggressive blitzing. Will it fix the run defense? No. But it will make us much better against the pass. If by the time PP returns our offense has ironed out some wrinkles, we will get some nice wins down the stretch and KK will get another year to prove himself.

We shouldn't make judgement after 3 games. These 3 games have already had much more bright moments than the whole 2018 season under Wilks.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That’s only if you count qb runs, as maybe I should, after Lamar put up top rb numbers against this defense. But I just can’t, in my heart cause the way KM goes down to one finger tackles or ghost sometimes - lost confidence after those ints - but really never seen him put a shoulder into any defense - which he shouldn’t and coaches shouldn’t teach him too- but Russel Wilson he is Not - I like him and he had some bad drops - but irs not the oline fault - just ain’t - KK is asking the impossible against prideful NFL defenses :hammer:
Why wouldn’t we count QB runs when a good amount of them appeared to be designed? Yes we need to get the ball in the RBs hands more, but those numbers would likely look better if we didn’t fall well behind in the second half.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Not saying the defense isn't a large part of the problem, but the offense hasn't helped them out much.

What games are you watching? I would agree with you for the first 3 quarters of the opener. D definitely kept us in that game. But after that, the D has been putrid. Especially in the Carolina game. K1 drives gave us 3 leads against Carolina & another brought us within a point. In every scenario, the D then gave up touchdowns on the ensuing drives. As a matter of fact, our D has given up points on EVERY opponent drive this season after we initially put points on the scoreboard. That's pretty scary. That stat has to go away or it'll be Groundhog Day the rest of the season.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t we count QB runs when a good amount of them appeared to be designed? Yes we need to get the ball in the RBs hands more, but those numbers would likely look better if we didn’t fall well behind in the second half.

They don’t care of they are ahead or not - but you can’t earn easier rpo or play action without establishing the run game. Like panthers did right off the bat - 2 mcaffey runs for a first down.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Baloney

The offense was smooth af and constantly moving the ball, the defense was terrible no matter what.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Baloney

The offense was smooth af and constantly moving the ball, the defense was terrible no matter what.
These guys don't know poo. I watch the replays constantly along with other teams when I get home.

Just watch it once and make up poo in their head embarrassing reading some of these posts.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These guys don't know ****. I watch the replays constantly along with other teams when I get home.

Just watch it once and make up **** in their head embarrassing reading some of these posts.

You guys are right... Our offense with DJ averaging 12 carries a game, A QB with 4 TD's 3 ints Sacked 16!!! times with a whopping 51.1 QBR are totally pulling their weight...

As you were.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You guys are right... Our offense with DJ averaging 12 carries a game, A QB with 4 TD's 3 ints Sacked 16!!! times with a whopping 51.1 QBR are totally pulling their weight...

As you were.

Many of those sacks are him running O/B a yard or two behind the LOS. Why take the hit along the sideline??? Other than maybe 2 Rosen type sacks, he would scramble to almost the LOS. Bottom line, the 16 sacks are a very, very misleading stat.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

As you were.

Also, a QB that threw for over 300+ yards in his first 2 starts. In game 3, he ran the game plan (dink & dunk) to PERFECTION. Gave us 3 leads, which our D blew.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also, a QB that threw for over 300+ yards in his first 2 starts. In game 3, he ran the game plan (dink & dunk) to PERFECTION. Gave us 3 leads, which our D blew.

Who cares if he throws for 500 yards a game? We are averaging 21 points a game.
Anyone who even remotely follows this team, knew the defense wouldn't hold anyone to less than that... with 2 starting corners out.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I will have to mention that on Sunday watching the Chiefs game my future son in law who's a Titan's fan was discussing the Cardinals with me and said well you should be happy cause Cam Newton is out.

I looked him right in the eye and said, oh crap, we're doomed.

He gave me a weird look and I said you don't understand the Cardinals make every backup into a HOF player for one game, they usually never repeat this ever again but for that one game they look as if God had anointed them for that day.

This was about 12:30 central time.

4 TD's 144 Qb rating.

Now if I had actually bet on this somehow it wouldn't work but it's a force of the universe that these things happen it's just the Cardinal way.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who cares if he throws for 500 yards a game? We are averaging 21 points a game.
Anyone who even remotely follows this team, knew the defense wouldn't hold anyone to less than that... with 2 starting corners out.

I care if he throws for 500 yards. 21 points per game compared to the crap we watched last year is a huge improvement. This is a team obviously still lacking in talent. Without K1, the offense would be considerably worse.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will have to mention that on Sunday watching the Chiefs game my future son in law who's a Titan's fan was discussing the Cardinals with me and said well you should be happy cause Cam Newton is out.

I looked him right in the eye and said, oh crap, we're doomed.

He gave me a weird look and I said you don't understand the Cardinals make every backup into a HOF player for one game, they usually never repeat this ever again but for that one game they look as if God had anointed them for that day.

This was about 12:30 central time.

4 TD's 144 Qb rating.

Now if I had actually bet on this somehow it wouldn't work but it's a force of the universe that these things happen it's just the Cardinal way.

Can Newton sucks. If he played, we would have had a much better chance of winning.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I care if he throws for 500 yards. 21 points per game compared to the crap we watched last year is a huge improvement. This is a team obviously still lacking in talent. Without K1, the offense would be considerably worse.

21 PPG is a game is a 1 TD improvement from last year, but it would be hard not to see improvement over last year, the bar was the lowest it could be. 21 PPG would make us as good as the Jets and 49ers were last year. 21 PPG is still a fairly impotent offense and without a top 5 D won't get you many wins with that. KK needs to get the offense playing better, it's that simple. It's early so one would assume it only gets better from here, but if we plateau then it is a problem.

No can deny the in game entertainment value is higher than last year, but again that is a low bar to beat. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

The thing is most fans want that good feeling and optimism that carries you into the next week that comes with winning a game now and then.

Once the team is avg 24+ pts a game it starts to get easier to say we aren't winning games because of the D.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose