Should we draft a new RB?

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
i think David Johnson is a little tired out. And of course the still awful offensive line doesn’t help. If we were to draft another RB, my pick would be D’Andre Swift out of Georgia

Snoopdog323

Veteran
Reaction score
Should have paid for OL with the money and scrimped with a rookie cheap running back. Much like with Edgerin James cards blew it on the RB (as he was a fan favorite) with a horrid line.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hopefully, we’ll have a GM in place who understands the importance of investing resources into quality linemen who can run block instead of drafting a running back.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, and probably two offensive linemen as well. I am expecting another subpar year from David Johnson, and maybe we can trade him to a contender for a 1st rounder in a perfect world.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals have invested plenty into the OL. Keim just hasn't made it happen.
+1

I don't know what Steve's problem is. He just seems to have lost his mojo evaluating players (especially OL's).

It may be unfair, but it may be time to get us someone better at evaluating talent...or at least add a respected super-scout to the Cardinal staff.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Plenty of quality backs can be had throughout the draft but RB should not be considered a priority even if DJ has another average year. Sorry but any back in the league would have gotten killed playing on last years team and this season probably won’t be much different. As others have said O line and a new GM are priority.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who would have ever thought it, but the Cardinals have found a way to make Russ Grimm look like a good offensive line coach.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and probably two offensive linemen as well. I am expecting another subpar year from David Johnson, and maybe we can trade him to a contender for a 1st rounder in a perfect world.
That is a tough salary to trade.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
All GMs have to gamble. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t, league wide. I don’t particularly like Keim, but I’d have to be convinced that his replacement is any better because they all miss all the time.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heck no draft all oline next draft and sign a few than get a rb in draft after next if need be

Reactions: Kai

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you believe what SK says, he will continue to place BPA over need in the draft.

If a RB or OL prospect isn't rated as highly as someone at another position, he's not gonna reach for him.

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
Yes we should draft a RB next year or trade for a motivated vet. I’m not on the David Johnson bandwagon, he falls down on first contact.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose