2019 Free Agency

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that 2013 Draft Top 10 sucked. Giannis obviously saved that draft but McCollum, Gobert and to some degree Schröeder were keepers.

Don't forget Oladipo. He looked like a legit star in Indiana before getting injured. He was viewed as a safe pick also, someone who was a good defender that would likely be a complimentary player. At best he was supposed to be the 3rd best player on a contending team and that was mainly because of his defense. OKC didn't realize what they had with him trading him for George. Of course he needed to get out of Westbrook's shadow to really come into his own. Not sure why it didn't work out in Orlando prior to OKC though. I think they're just the Suns of the East with constant coaching changes, bad player development, and no real plan moving forward.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
So when can I expect some Suns related news? It's the end of July. We have training camp in... September? I'd better start following the NFL again.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So when can I expect some Suns related news? It's the end of July. We have training camp in... September? I'd better start following the NFL again.
Yeah. This is my time to go through bball detox. Nothing going on. Its giving me the shakes.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
So now that everyone's cap space is gone, any FAs of note still left on the outside looking in?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Jamal Crawford, Kenneth Faried, Pau Gasol, Luol Deng, Trey Burke, Jeremy Lin, T.J. McConnell

Interesting... definitely some guys I would have thought might have been snapped up by now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think T.J. McConnell signed a 2 year, $7 million deal with Pacers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is David Kramer in summer league.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Trail Blazers continue to fortify the center position. They traded for Whiteside earlier.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Free agent Pau Gasol has agreed to a one-year deal with the Portland Trail Blazers, league source tells ESPN.

12:51 PM - 24 Jul 2019

They have Nurkic but he was injured late last season and he could have helped them in the postseason. I don't think he would lead them past the Warriors but I think he would have helped them play more competitively in that series. So they went out and traded for Whiteside and signed Pau to make sure they have some depth. What's odd is none of them can play PF at this point. Pau used to be a PF but he's too old and slow now. Maybe they're looking to move Whiteside or Nurkic? Who knows.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently the league is looking into cases of tampering during free agency, which I'm sure there was plenty. I think the Suns and handful of other teams were the only teams that didn't make some sort of deal before free agency opened.

There is always some chatter but this year was insane. The second it hit 6pm EST all deals were announced, they weren't discussed or negotiated. Most of the current playoff teams seemed to make their moves prior to free agency opening though, at least Woj was reporting things that way. All the league should need to do is get Woj and Shams to testify on how they heard things prior to free agency opening and 90% of the league would have questions to answer. It doesn't seem that Silver is as hard on these things as Stern was. No one messed around when Stern was in charge because he was quick to drop the hammer.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ng-on-some-of-early-2019-free-agent-signings?

Here's the link to one of the articles sourced for that piece that talks about some of the potential changes that were suggested at the board of governors meeting.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27243621/inside-tense-nba-owners-meeting-change-free-agency

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Apparently the league is looking into cases of tampering during free agency, which I'm sure there was plenty. I think the Suns and handful of other teams were the only teams that didn't make some sort of deal before free agency opened.

There is always some chatter but this year was insane. The second it hit 6pm EST all deals were announced, they weren't discussed or negotiated. Most of the current playoff teams seemed to make their moves prior to free agency opening though, at least Woj was reporting things that way. All the league should need to do is get Woj and Shams to testify on how they heard things prior to free agency opening and 90% of the league would have questions to answer. It doesn't seem that Silver is as hard on these things as Stern was. No one messed around when Stern was in charge because he was quick to drop the hammer.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ng-on-some-of-early-2019-free-agent-signings?

Here's the link to one of the articles sourced for that piece that talks about some of the potential changes that were suggested at the board of governors meeting.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27243621/inside-tense-nba-owners-meeting-change-free-agency
There were plenty of deals being announced hours before free agency officially started. The league absolutely has to do something about this as it completely hampers any teams or agents that choose to actually play by the rules.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This tactic really seems to be bring in a crap load of crap and hope that one of them turns into only borderline crap.

Proverbial throwing a bunch of noodles against the wall and hope one sticks!

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know, in these clips he looks like guys I see at the park. No speed, no lift, a corner three here and there. Not sure even want to bother to learn his name.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA