Kyler Murray races 4.31 second 40-yard speed demon Andy Isabella (Video)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For the record, I didn't ban him. No idea who did

I did. If any of you feel his posts advertising his site were interesting and worth a read, let me know. Just hate it when the only reason he posted here was to push his site. He never even replied in any of his own threads, just posted new threads linking another article to his site..

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I did. If any of you feel his posts advertising his site were interesting and worth a read, let me know. Just hate it when the only reason he posted here was to push his site. He never even replied in any of his own threads, just posted new threads linking another article to his site..

Yep.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know, I once would grimace at that thought of pineapple on a pizza but not no more. Why is it really strange? The origins of tomatoes are in the New World and were in closer proximity to pineapples than the Italian meat pie which became the 'pizza'... dang, can't wait for football to start :beer:
Call it a: "Pizza Colada."

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NO pineapple on pizza. It's like asking for an appetizer of warm floppy pineapple chunks and a hot marinara dip. Nasty.

I say Murray is 5'9" with shoes on. Dude looks tiny standing next to other guys. It'd be really great if one of you Cards fans could meet him in person, get video or pics and report back with the facts so we can put this to rest.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I understand why Keim picked Murray, I was also in agreement with the pick, you can’t just leave that kind of franchise changing potential on the board, and while Rosen wasn’t the reason we sucked last year, he didn’t show that he could be a QBOTF for us. Hell, he may not even beat out an ancient Ryan Fitzpatrick.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I find it funny that so many people are so against a pizza topping. I mean it's cool if pineapple on pizza isn't your thing, but there is nothing inherently wrong with people who like it. I mean it is ultimately a pretty popular pizza topping so there must be a lot of people that like it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I understand why Keim picked Murray, I was also in agreement with the pick, you can’t just leave that kind of franchise changing potential on the board, and while Rosen wasn’t the reason we sucked last year, he didn’t show that he could be a QBOTF for us. Hell, he may not even beat out an ancient Ryan Fitzpatrick.

What excites me is how much you hear K1s teammates talk him up. Justin Pugh, Chandler Jones, Larry Fitzgerald, Humphries....he must have made a pretty good impression with how much praise hes gotten.

I know hype is a factor, but compare how sparse the praise is for Dwayne Haskins from the Redskins side. Adrian Peterson said “Having Haskins back there, too, I’m looking forward to seeing what he’ll do in training camp,” Peterson said. “Once he gets more under his belt and becomes more comfortable, he’ll be able to play faster as well.” Light praise. Read what you want from that, but generally that means a guy hasn't been too good.

I went through and watched K1 in his match ups against Texas (x2) and West Virginia last season. Against Texas the 1st time, he had two bone head turnovers, but largely played pretty well. Oklahoma was awful. Texas outplayed OU completely. Murray had no chance, and nearly led his team back from a big deficit.

Against WV, you could see the strides Murray made. Looked more comfortable in the pocket, didnt see ghost pressure like he did against Texas in the first match up.

His second match up against Texas he was great. Grew so much since the first game.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
What excites me is how much you hear K1s teammates talk him up. Justin Pugh, Chandler Jones, Larry Fitzgerald, Humphries....he must have made a pretty good impression with how much praise hes gotten.

I know hype is a factor, but compare how sparse the praise is for Dwayne Haskins from the Redskins side. Adrian Peterson said “Having Haskins back there, too, I’m looking forward to seeing what he’ll do in training camp,” Peterson said. “Once he gets more under his belt and becomes more comfortable, he’ll be able to play faster as well.” Light praise. Read what you want from that, but generally that means a guy hasn't been too good.

I went through and watched K1 in his match ups against Texas (x2) and West Virginia last season. Against Texas the 1st time, he had two bone head turnovers, but largely played pretty well. Oklahoma was awful. Texas outplayed OU completely. Murray had no chance, and nearly led his team back from a big deficit.

Against WV, you could see the strides Murray made. Looked more comfortable in the pocket, didnt see ghost pressure like he did against Texas in the first match up.

His second match up against Texas he was great. Grew so much since the first game.

That's the other side of the coin related to Murray's small number of starts.

True, we don't have a huge sample set to evaluate his long-term potential.

But it also offers the possibility that he may not yet have fully developed all of his QB proficiencies, mainly his decision making, which is really hard to fathom, considering just how well he performed in 2018.

I don't think it's crazy to say that, given more experience, he could be a little more effective than what he showed vs. 2018. Which is kind of scary.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's the other side of the coin related to Murray's small number of starts.

True, we don't have a huge sample set to evaluate his long-term potential.

But it also offers the possibility that he may not yet have fully developed all of his QB proficiencies, mainly his decision making, which is really hard to fathom, considering just how well he performed in 2018.

I don't think it's crazy to say that, given more experience, he could be a little more effective than what he showed vs. 2018. Which is kind of scary.

It's funny because that vaunted OU line did NOT look great against Texas in the first match up. Murray was pressured quite a bit and took some hits.

I've maintained over and over that Murray has an elite ability to avoid big hits and it was clear as day...he has a great ability to see the hit coming and avoid it or go down cleanly. Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith both were great at this, as is Russell Wilson.

His arm is just otherworldly. Its comparable to the better throwers in the NFL. Rosen has a really good arm, but Murray is on another level.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Parallel story to K-1's destiny centers around whether a team should do everything by the book or whether it should roll big dice.

There are plenty of examples of big bold moves that didn't pay off and an equal number of "safe" moves that left teams drifting in a sea of medicrity

Picking up Michael B's body language from his presser - he suggested that, had we stayed the course and played it safe, we'd wind up nowhere. An opportunity presented itself to (to quote Yogi) see the fork in the road "and take it." - i.e. make bold moves & blow up everything from coach to QB to offensive system. Not to do,so would be to doom the team to a sea of beige.

So Michael took the bold road & this is where we are today. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't.

One thing's for sure - it won't be boring.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It's funny because that vaunted OU line did NOT look great against Texas in the first match up. Murray was pressured quite a bit and took some hits.

I've maintained over and over that Murray has an elite ability to avoid big hits and it was clear as day...he has a great ability to see the hit coming and avoid it or go down cleanly. Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith both were great at this, as is Russell Wilson.

His arm is just otherworldly. Its comparable to the better throwers in the NFL. Rosen has a really good arm, but Murray is on another level.

The bolded is what gives me hope that Murray can stay relatively healthy. I've mentioned before that despite 100 rushing attempts during 2018, Murray never missed a play due to injury, or being shaken up. Perfectly healthy the entire season, despite handling the ball a lot.

Juxtapose the way Murray runs vs. Texas's possible all-american QB, Sam Ehlinger.

Ehlinger's running really makes UT's offense dangerous. But, he runs like a bulldozer, fighting for every yard, plus he's a big, and there's a lot of him to hit. Consequently, he's already been beaten to poop during his college career (two concussions, a dinged shoulder, and who knows what else), and one of the big, big questions marks about that team for 2019, is can they keep SE healthy (and can they replace eight defensive starters (no way! lol)).

The injury thing is part luck, so you never know, but I like K1's chance to stay on the field.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The bolded is what gives me hope that Murray can stay relatively healthy. I've mentioned before that despite 100 rushing attempts during 2018, Murray never missed a play due to injury, or being shaken up. Perfectly healthy the entire season, despite handling the ball a lot.

Juxtapose the way Murray runs vs. Texas's possible all-american QB, Sam Ehlinger.

Ehlinger's running really makes UT's offense dangerous. But, he runs like a bulldozer, fighting for every yard, plus he's a big, and there's a lot of him to hit. Consequently, he's already been beaten to poop during his college career (two concussions, a dinged shoulder, and who knows what else), and one of the big, big questions marks about that team for 2019, is can they keep SE healthy (and can they replace eight defensive starters (no way! lol)).

The injury thing is part luck, so you never know, but I like K1's chance to stay on the field.

Kind of all depends if they can recruit more guys from Texas than Oklahoma can which is the biggest irony of college sports in this particular rivalry because if OU had to face UT with solely home grown products, it would be a bona fide massacre... which is why I have no problem rooting for Murray who's a Texas boy first :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Murray got CLOCKED a few times, but he also went down real easy other times. I'd rather he gives himself up if hes about to get crushed.

Ehlinger got crushed the second game a lot, and he does take a lot of hits when he runs.

I was reading an article on Lamar Jackson and Greg Roman his offensive coordinator was saying he wasnt concerned about how much he ran because QBs can protect themselves more as runners than other positions.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Murray got CLOCKED a few times, but he also went down real easy other times. I'd rather he gives himself up if hes about to get crushed.

Ehlinger got crushed the second game a lot, and he does take a lot of hits when he runs.

I was reading an article on Lamar Jackson and Greg Roman his offensive coordinator was saying he wasnt concerned about how much he ran because QBs can protect themselves more as runners than other positions.

Kyler is fast and can throw with the best of them. He's one of the most intelligent scrambling QBs I have seen in a while. Sure, he lets his zeal get carried away with him on occasion but I do not see him pushing the envelope so to speak as a pro. As a UT Ex I could not help but yank Crimson Warrior's chain a tad in good fun but Murray is not only a better scramble than Ehlinger, I think he throws better too :raccoon:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyler is fast and can throw with the best of them. He's one of the most intelligent scrambling QBs I have seen in a while. Sure, he lets his zeal get carried away with him on occasion but I do not see him pushing the envelope so to speak as a pro. As a UT Ex I could not help but yank Crimson Warrior's chain a tad in good fun but Murray is not only a better scramble than Ehlinger, I think he throws better too :raccoon:

Ehlinger is a nice college QB, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think he can be a good pro.

Its crazy, but watching OU-Texas, I think Texas was the better team. Murray couldn't make up for it in the first game. In the second OU played a lot better and the OU line kept Murray clean while the OU defense got to Ehlinger more.

OU had a horrible defense last year. Shocking how bad they were.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Depth will be key. Assuming Murray survives the season, I'd guess (make that "hope") that, each year, we draft a backup that matches Murray's unique profile.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Of course I sound like a total zealot, but another thing that makes me hopeful about Murray surviving the rigors of an NFL season...

He's got a very compact build, and although I'm no medical expert, I think guys built like that are a little less prone to injury.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

You tea sips make a great rivals Jetstream. :) The best actually.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Question, why do people call Oklahoma "OU" when it is the University of Oklahoma? Wouldn't U of O be more appropriate?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA