JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a fact for sure with the Suns lack of ability to attract top free agents.

As I mentioned before, if the Suns can keep Oubre while adding Rubio, I will give them an A grade this offseason.
Inquiring minds want to know what grade would you give the Suns if they strike out on signing Oubre?:)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know what grade would you give the Suns if they strike out on signing Oubre?:)

I would give the Suns a C grade. They would have fixed a hole by adding Rubio but not made any in roads in the tough Western Conference.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would give the Suns a C grade. They would have fixed a hole by adding Rubio but not made any in roads in the tough Western Conference.

I give the Suns a C grade for these reasons if they actually sign Oubre to an extension. If they do not, then the Suns deserve an F, as they will have taken yet another step backwards relative to the rest of the league and will have exhausted all of their assets in doing so.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I give the Suns a C grade for these reasons if they actually sign Oubre to an extension. If they do not, then the Suns deserve an F, as they will have taken yet another step backwards relative to the rest of the league and will have exhausted all of their assets in doing so.
And not win more than 9 games.lulz

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Only 1Sun would criticize the team after they addressed everything he complained about the previous season. The Suns will never win with people like him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Only 1Sun would criticize the team after they addressed everything he complained about the previous season. The Suns will never win with people like him.

Mere bodies and attempts to address the holes are not enough. We need talent as well.

At point guard, Rubio is acceptable, in my opinion, but he doesn't move the needle nearly as much as Brodgon or Russell would, and Tyus Jones, who signed for half the price, likely would have moved the needle as much as Rubio will while giving us the money to sign a better power forward than Dario Saric. Meanwhile, you can't forget that the Suns' primary target was Terry freaking Rozier (who would have been an abject disaster), and James Jones was bailed out by the even greater stupidity of the Hornets and by the Pacers having the ambition that the Suns should have had instead.

At power forward, I think Saric is a joke, and I have made that point clear in other posts. And while I think Kaminsky can be okay as a back-up (albeit a complete disaster on defense), it is no secret that I believe that the Suns really needed some rebounding and rim protection from the power forward spot, especially next to Ayton, and they got nothing at all in that department.

I think Cam Johnson was a ridiculous reach at 11, and I think the Suns gave up way too much to get the #24 to draft Jerome.

I think Baynes is a downgrade from Holmes.

I think giving up Warren for nothing and giving up #32 in the process was ridiculous, particularly when we used the cap space to pay the underwhelming combination of Rubio, Saric and Baynes, and particularly given the reports that the Pacers were prepared not to ask for any assets, but James Jones negotiated against himself and volunteered #32 prematurely.

And don't even get me started on giving up Josh Jackson when his value could not possible be lower, and giving up yet more assets in the process.

Meanwhile, this team, especially if Oubre is not re-signed, is sorely lacking in athleticism and scoring (as well as remaining lacking in rebounding, interior defense and rim protection) while remaining weak defensively.

What part of this is "addressing everything I complained about the previous season"?

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Mere bodies and attempts to address the holes are not enough. We need talent as well.

At point guard, Rubio is acceptable, in my opinion, but he doesn't move the needle nearly as much as Brodgon or Russell would, and Tyus Jones, who signed for half the price, likely would have moved the needle as much as Rubio will while giving us the money to sign a better power forward than Dario Saric. Meanwhile, you can't forget that the Suns' primary target was Terry freaking Rozier (who would have been an abject disaster), and James Jones was bailed out by the even greater stupidity of the Hornets and by the Pacers having the ambition that the Suns should have had instead.

At power forward, I think Saric is a joke, and I have made that point clear in other posts. And while I think Kaminsky can be okay as a back-up (albeit a complete disaster on defense), it is no secret that I believe that the Suns really needed some rebounding and rim protection from the power forward spot, especially next to Ayton, and they got nothing at all in that department.

I think Cam Johnson was a ridiculous reach at 11, and I think the Suns gave up way too much to get the #24 to draft Jerome.

I think Baynes is a downgrade from Holmes.

I think giving up Warren for nothing and giving up #32 in the process was ridiculous, particularly when we used the cap space to pay the underwhelming combination of Rubio, Saric and Baynes, and particularly given the reports that the Pacers were prepared not to ask for any assets, but James Jones negotiated against himself and volunteered #32 prematurely.

And don't even get me started on giving up Josh Jackson when his value could not possible be lower, and giving up yet more assets in the process.

Meanwhile, this team, especially if Oubre is not re-signed, is sorely lacking in athleticism and scoring (as well as remaining lacking in rebounding, interior defense and rim protection) while remaining weak defensively.

What part of this is "addressing everything I complained about the previous season"?
Well, considering you are simply wrong about most everything in your post, heck in most of your posts, I think it speaks for itself. Back on ignore.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, considering you are simply wrong about most everything in your post, heck in most of your posts, I think it speaks for itself. Back on ignore.

While I have been wrong from time to time, and I am happy to admit when I am (and I have done so when applicable), if you look at the actual record over the past year, I have been correct far more than I have been wrong (e.g., Igor, overall record, Booker's frustration, Ayton's lack of development, Warren quitting on the team out of frustration, Jackson's lack of development, Ryan Anderson contributing nothing, the impact of a lack of a legitimate NBA point guard, the impact of a lack of a legitimate NBA power forward, Ariza quitting on the team and dogging it because he wanted out, Okobo and Melton being nowhere near ready to contribute at the NBA level, etc.).

But go right ahead and ignore me just because I don't share your rosy view of the franchise and what management has done with it this summer.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

i've been here a while, respect everyone's words/thoughts, but my god...first time i've had to use that function and i'm not regretting it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And not win more than 9 games.lulz

No, we have a legitimate (albeit below average) NBA point guard now. I think this team wins 24 or 25 without Oubre (and finishes at or near the bottom of the Western Conference yet again) and 33 or 34 with him. Certainly better than 19 wins, but a very poor overall return on cashing in all of our trade chips and using all of our cap space.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Suns sign Kelly Oubre and Trey Lyles I will give them an A+.