Point guard speculation article - Russell hope

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure what I am ignoring... he's gotten worse and gotten older, he's not viewed as the same player...

But fine, when Rubio signs for like... half of what you think he will we can revisit this and reexamine who is ignoring "facts".

Half?

Feel free to revisit.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
If the suns young core is focused on stat padding and not giving what it takes to win. Rose would at that point be the wrong choice. But if the young core wants to win games and play hard Rose is the perfect vet for Suns.
Rose just wants to contribute to a winning team and see his teammates play hard.
I just heard somewhere that Rose might not be a good influence but it could be fake news. At least I'm pretty confident that Rondo is not a good veteran and JCrossover is.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We've waited many years for a winning team and turning those assets into "a star". How long are we supposed to wait? 5 more years? 10?
I'm guessing you didn't understand the point of my comment...

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Perhaps, but do you understand that some fans might be fed up with the product $arver is turning out?
So it would appear that you did misunderstand my comment.

Someone was complaining that it looked like we weren't going to do anything yet again before free agency even started. Complaining about future results before you even know what the results are is the definition of pointless.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
That I can agree on. The history is there though. They have not done great lately. Going after guys with the wrong name and such. I think they're doing drugs or playing too much golf. Or both.

But I actually like the Rubio signing. I'm not surprised it cost a lot. Going to one of the worst teams in the league is not something you'll take a pay cut to do. It probably took some persuasion. So they tie up cap space but it's okay. You need a point guard to win. He'll make Booker and Ayton much better and that will open up things for the rest of the team. He also plays defense and is not Lonzo Ball terrible at shooting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I so wish this story hadn't been put out there. It didn't need to be said.

I'd like to know the source if it was someone in the Suns front office.
yup. I would fire a Suns beat writer for putting this out there. If I was the Suns, I would no longer allow access.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup. I would fire a Suns beat writer for putting this out there. If I was the Suns, I would no longer allow access.

I couldn't agree more unless someone from the Suns front office put the story out there but that is hard to believe.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more unless someone from the Suns front office put the story out there but that is hard to believe.

Regardless of who put the story out there, if it's true, you can kiss Booker goodbye...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of who put the story out there, if it's true, you can kiss Booker goodbye...

It does matter who put the story out. If this is a media speculation, then it's on them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s the Republic beat writer for the Suns.

Who isn't very knowledgable. I gave him benefit of doubt for a while but he was arguing with me and another fan claiming the Suns had $22 million in cap space, totally disregarding Oubre's cap hold. He said that didn't count, then deleted that tweet. It was really surprising to see.

Today or yesterday he was asking fans how to find a boxscore for a summer league game after he claimed George King was on another team already, but he wasn't sure. He learned he might be on another team by a picture of him on Utah's bench. No confirmation if it was King or not. Just a strange exchange that added another L to his history, IMO. He is a far cry from Scott Bordow or Paul Coro. He's almost gotten me to pay for The Athletic on all on his own. If he stays on as the Republics Suns beat writer then I will subscribe with whatever special they run for next NBA season.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone else reading the GS acquired DLO as an asset to be traded and not part of their future plans? If true, Im guessing they just see him as a filler until Klay is back?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else reading the GS acquired DLO as an asset to be traded and not part of their future plans? If true, Im guessing they just see him as a filler until Klay is back?

If true, they are betting another team will pay him this amount of money. They might get stuck with him for awhile.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If true, they are betting another team will pay him this amount of money. They might get stuck with him for awhile.
Also if true, why would dlo agree to this? As a FA he could choose where he’d go (although I suppose the nets could’ve matched and still traded him anywhere - but I’m pretty sure they’d have had to release him to land Durant Kyrie and Jordan). Now he goes wherever GS can get the best deal?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also if true, why would dlo agree to this? As a FA he could choose where he’d go (although I suppose the nets could’ve matched and still traded him anywhere - but I’m pretty sure they’d have had to release him to land Durant Kyrie and Jordan). Now he goes wherever GS can get the best deal?

This seems so wrong I can't believe it doesn't violate rules.