2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What is Mark Jackson saying? "The Warriors have no business being in this series right now" and then talking about how Toronto has more talent because of the injuries? It's even, or slightly in Toronto's favor but the Warriors definitely have business being in this series. I swear he's just bitter that he was fired the year before they started winning titles and he tries to sell them short to make himself feel better for being canned.
Still has sour grapes.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Toronto is in total control of the game...Dubs will not win unless Curry get going. Luck only down three...

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still has sour grapes.

I've never liked him and that's been one of the little joys of seeing the Warriors run over the last few years. He's had a front row seat to see them win without him. That's got to sting. When he discounts their talent like that though, it's no wonder he was fired. I remember reading how he apparently made Festus Ezeli cry because he convinced him the whole team hated him. He's a piece of work.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As well as Toronto's non shooters shot down 3 is pretty good. I don't get why the Warriors don't do the same thing every trip. When Steph and Klay are in the Raptors have at least 3 and often 4 defenders on them. Just run that same pindown curl on both sides, and when they defend it that way it's either 3 on 2 or 3 on 1 in the paint. They've gotten layups and dunks off it all night.

And Looney I know you're hurt but you gotta go up stronger, they're not going to call touch fouls inside tonight either try and dunk everything, or when you throw that fake do what Kahwi does and jump in and take the contact. He's had at least 3 tonight where he just didn't go through the contact and missed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toronto is in total control of the game...Dubs will not win unless Curry get going. Luck only down three...

Teh bright side is we've made only 4 threes they've made 9 and they're only up 3.

The downside is their 3's are all wide open looks

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he keeps getting them Steph is going to eventually hit one of those 60 footers at the end of a quarter. That's the 4th time in the series he's hit rim with one of those.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Foul calls only thing keeping them in it...can’t count on that next half.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Foul calls only thing keeping them in it...can’t count on that next half.

It's the same the whole series they have to double Inside because of the size and how good Kawhi is so they desperately need Lowry, Siakam, Gasol etc to miss the open 3's. Tonight they're hitting them.

steph didn't shoot well but I agree with van Gundy when you're being guarded that way he's doing the right thing he's got 3 assists and a bunch of hockey assists. It's like Jordan or LeBron they have a guy on him and 2 guys sitting waiting to help.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lowry needs to sit. They can't afford for him to get #5. As hot as he is, VanVleet can handle the remainder of the quarter. They'll need Lowry in the 4th.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
iffy refs now. Stephs' 3rd looked clean. That play just now I don't think Lowry fouled Iggy. And now in the world did they not call a jump or walk on theplay where Kawhi went up and came down without shooting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so Curry's allowed to give a blatant elbow clearout to Siakam... and then Lowry gets jobbed on a clean strip. Man... they ain't getting any calls in this third Q.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iggy needs to explain to Draymond what he figured out. They are not guarding us we HAVE to attack.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so Curry's allowed to give a blatant elbow clearout to Siakam... and then Lowry gets jobbed on a clean strip. Man... they ain't getting any calls in this third Q.

Are you talking the 3? I don't think he even connected, he was trying to draw a foul then just let Siakam go by and hit the shot.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Are you talking the 3? I don't think he even connected, he was trying to draw a foul then just let Siakam go by and hit the shot.
Leonard push off with extended forearm on almost every play and they don’t call it either.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raptors need to put Kawhi back on Klay. When he gets hot though I'm not sure anyone can stop him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looney is hurt but man he just can't finish at the rim tonight, he passed that one off could have easily been 3 seconds.

Iggy playing great but please make FT's

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptors need to put Kawhi back on Klay. When he gets hot though I'm not sure anyone can stop him.

They had him on Steph until Van Vleet switched on him. He's amazing guarding guys that move that much off teh ball and then being the man on offense too.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Has Gasol made a 3 the entire series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson