2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I always thought the only way they were going to chance it was if they were down by that margin, if he played at all. There is a risk/reward to all of their processes and I assume they were only going to roll the dice at the most critical moments.
I was surprised he played at all. Arguably the season was over if they lost, so if he was going to try and play, it was game 5. If he was cleared to play in game two, and did not until game five, then either KD or Steve Kerr didn't feel he could play before that. Remember, Kerr made it a point of KD playing in a practice before being able to get on the court. Kerr kept waiting for KD to make that bar of a practice first.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-fi...onto-raptors-fans-kevin-durant-010156198.html
A Raptors fan was even arrested after making “vulgar comments” about Curry’s wife, Ayesha, during a live TV interview after Toronto’s Game 2 loss to the Golden State Warriors last week, according to USA Today. The fan, 28-year-old Tristan Warkentin, was charged with “mischief — interfere with lawful operation of property” for allegedly using “profane phrases,” per the report. Warkentin, who will make his first court appearance on Thursday, allegedly referenced sexual assault when speaking about Ayesha during the interview, according to the Toronto Sun.

Curry, when asked about the incidents on Wednesday, admitted that it’s nearly impossible to avoid those interactions with fans during the NBA Finals. Still, the whole thing doesn’t make sense to him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone else get the feeling Toronto gets blown out tonight? I wonder how much a hangover they have from Game 5... one they had in a death grip, seeming like they were going to win the title with 3 minutes left at home and their best player on a tear, single-handedly carrying them to basketball nirvana. Losing that game could have a hangover effect on them tonight and the Warriors have a load of emotion coming to back to their home-court. It's not only their last game ever at Oracle, but they now have a massive emotional wind at their backs to do this for KD. Question is once that emotion wears off, will they have the physical wherewithal for one last stand against a healthy opponent?

I can't wait to see what happens tonight. Either the Raptors win their first title even or GS sends this back to Toronto for what could be an EPIC GAME 7. Even though I really dislike this warriors team, count me in the camp who wants to see them win tonight.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I have a good and bad feeling about this game. I believe the Dubs win tonight, but Draymond will find a way to get T'd up late in the game causing him to miss game 7 and potentially the be reason the team is not winning their 5th consecutive finals.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
anyone else get the feeling Toronto gets blown out tonight? I wonder how much a hangover they have from Game 5... one they had in a death grip, seeming like they were going to win the title with 3 minutes left at home and their best player on a tear, single-handedly carrying them to basketball nirvana. Losing that game could have a hangover effect on them tonight and the Warriors have a load of emotion coming to back to their home-court. It's not only their last game ever at Oracle, but they now have a massive emotional wind at their backs to do this for KD. Question is once that emotion wears off, will they have the physical wherewithal for one last stand against a healthy opponent?

I can't wait to see what happens tonight. Either the Raptors win their first title even or GS sends this back to Toronto for what could be an EPIC GAME 7. Even though I really dislike this warriors team, count me in the camp who wants to see them win tonight.

I have a feeling of the opposite. How long can the Warriors keep this play up? We know what Curry and Thompson bring, but can the others keep from getting T'd up(Green), making dumb plays (Cousins) or stop scoring?

Total trap game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a good and bad feeling about this game. I believe the Dubs win tonight, but Draymond will find a way to get T'd up late in the game causing him to miss game 7 and potentially the be reason the team is not winning their 5th consecutive finals.

That would be the 2nd title he cost them, basically. His last suspension was huge for helping the Cavs gain momentum. If KD leaves do they make a move and look to move Draymond? It wouldn't be a bad idea if they need to adjust to the KD departure anyways. What he could bring back in a trade though is anyone's guess, especially if he gets suspended again. Moving him might enable them to resign Cousins.

This game will be the actual last game in Oracle/Oakland. So the emotions of the fans there will be high anyway but after the Raptors fans made themselves part of the narrative in game 5 I can see the Warriors fans doing something to make their presence felt. In a positive or negative way, that's to be seen.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Third consecutive.
Edit: I see, fifth if DG hadn’t been suspended and they had won (which is not a given).

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Huh? I think you mean third straight championship.:)

I had to go back and edit my original point. lol.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He just CAN'T do that again. He'd single-handedly be to blame for them losing two finals. I feel like he can hold his crap together just long enough tonight, then he can go a little agro in Game 7 and pick up a T if need be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he gets his 7th T during a game, that doesn't kick him out immediately in that game, right?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be the 2nd title he cost them, basically. His last suspension was huge for helping the Cavs gain momentum. If KD leaves do they make a move and look to move Draymond? It wouldn't be a bad idea if they need to adjust to the KD departure anyways. What he could bring back in a trade though is anyone's guess, especially if he gets suspended again. Moving him might enable them to resign Cousins.

This game will be the actual last game in Oracle/Oakland. So the emotions of the fans there will be high anyway but after the Raptors fans made themselves part of the narrative in game 5 I can see the Warriors fans doing something to make their presence felt. In a positive or negative way, that's to be seen.

I gotta believe they make themselves felt in a positive way. Maybe starting a massive KD chant, trying to pump the Warriors up.

Overall, this has been a REALLY weird series, but dramatic no doubt. I expect the same tonight, one way or another.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hoping for GS win, but head tells me Toronto the better team right now. Only if Boogie Cousins can catch fire and put pressure on Toronto's front line. Gotta get some of those shot blockers on the bench.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Huh? I think you mean third straight championship.:)

I had to go back and edit my original point. lol.
No, he cost them that series when Cavs came back from 3-1...they would be playing for 5 in a row now.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He just CAN'T do that again. He'd single-handedly be to blame for them losing two finals. I feel like he can hold his crap together just long enough tonight, then he can go a little agro in Game 7 and pick up a T if need be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he gets his 7th T during a game, that doesn't kick him out immediately in that game, right?
No...suspended for next game. However, if he gets hit with a T, he may just lose it enough to get an immediate ejection.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have a feeling of the opposite. How long can the Warriors keep this play up? We know what Curry and Thompson bring, but can the others keep from getting T'd up(Green), making dumb plays (Cousins) or stop scoring?

Total trap game.
Elimination game a “trap” game? I do not think you know what that word means.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Total trap game.

Raptors can certainly win, they won 3 already. But I think you're somewhat overestimating how well the other Warriors are playing. They won the last game because both Klay and Steph hit lots of 3's and Durant got them off to a good start. Cousins scored but got destroyed on defense. Looney did ok but then had to leave.

IMO this series has been all about the other shooters on Toronto, when they are making shots they win, when they're not they lose. Gasol has been really good but when Green and Siakam are making open looks, the Warriors cant' guard them because they can't double Kawhi. It basically will come down to that unless somehow other Warriors like Draymond and Iggy have an unusually good game from 3.

I'd actually like to see more Bogut, he's not a great player but it seems to me he's the one guy other than Cousins that can consistently keep Toronto off the offensive glass. That's been huge in this series they get way too many 2nd chance buckets.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Ugh: Marc Davis crew again (game 3). They were terrible crew that game...Raptors 9-0 this year when his crew.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They called 28 total fouls in the first half of that game. 28 in 24 minutes.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Fans always question a guys heart when he sits out hurt for a critical game.

I hope from now on they just say, “I’m not gonna be the next Kevin Durant.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fans always question a guys heart when he sits out hurt for a critical game.

I hope from now on they just say, “I’m not gonna be the next Kevin Durant.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kawahi is vindicated for sitting out last year with his mysterious injury.:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard