Carson Palmer and the ring of honor.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When your entire career is predicated on emotion...... I think some latitude is warranted.

After all...... He is a grown ass man.

I have to agree with this. I was really annoyed when his selfishness & immaturity got the best of him that day. But, it’s time for the Cardinals to mend this relationship. It has to start somewhere, and the ROH is a great place to start. He was an absolute stud for us, and should be recognized as such.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryan Lindley QB'd one of the worst playoff games in history. His game line was 16 of 28 for 82 yards, 1TD, and 2 INT's and we actually led this game at halftime. But how could you forget the first playoff game of the 2015 season? Aaron Rogers completes 2 hail Mary's to tie it then Palmer hits Fitz on a little dump pass and he almost scores not to mention the botched coin toss.
You must be registered for see images

I do remember that one once reminded. The game prior we played GB during the season and I was at a a bar in pine that showed the game but without sound. At halftime my airbnb was ready and I went and watched the rest of that drubbing.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do remember that one once reminded. The game prior we played GB during the season and I was at a a bar in pine that showed the game but without sound. At halftime my airbnb was ready and I went and watched the rest of that drubbing.
Um... are you sure you remember that one? They beat GB in OT in the playoffs, but their drubbing during the regular season was TWO games prior.

Or are you thinking of 2009, when the Cardinals ALSO beat Green Bay in OT in the playoffs, after being drubbed by them the week before? :)

...dave

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um... are you sure you remember that one? They beat GB in OT in the playoffs, but their drubbing during the regular season was TWO games prior.

Or are you thinking of 2009, when the Cardinals ALSO beat Green Bay in OT in the playoffs, after being drubbed by them the week before? :)

...dave

Was it two games prior? I just remember winning by like 30 points and completely dismantling them. I thought it was week 17 though and then playing them in the wild card the next week.

Definately not thinking of 2009. That game was amazing. Kurt warner had less incompletions than touchdowns in that one.

I must have blocked the 30 point week 17 loss to seattle out of my mind lol

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it two games prior? I just remember winning by like 30 points and completely dismantling them. I thought it was week 17 though and then playing them in the wild card the next week.

Definately not thinking of 2009. That game was amazing. Kurt warner had less incompletions than touchdowns in that one.

I must have blocked the 30 point week 17 loss to seattle out of my mind lol
Yep, in 2015 they beat GB 38-8 in week 16, then won in OT with the amazing passes from Palmer to Fitz.
In 2009, they were clobbered 33-13 by GB in week 17, then won in OT with the amazing sack/strip/fumble recovery TD.

...dave

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep, in 2015 they beat GB 38-8 in week 16, then won in OT with the amazing passes from Palmer to Fitz.
In 2009, they were clobbered 33-13 by GB in week 17, then won in OT with the amazing sack/strip/fumble recovery TD.

...dave

This is accurate. But, let’s not forget that we sat everyone for that 33-13 loss in 2009. That game should have revealed to us how inept Leinart really was.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Palmer was the QB for the 2nd most successful run since the franchise has moved to Arizona. No issue with the organization putting him in the ROH and hopefully this opens it up for other players who are also deserving.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

...dave
In 2009, Cards mailed in the week 17 game vs GB then had a big lead the next week in the playoffs before relinquishing that lead sending the game into overtime before Dansby picked up a Rogers fumble for a TD and the win. The next week after that we got bounced by the Saints and had Kurt Warner's career come to an end.

In 2015, Carson Palmer suffered a dislocated finger in the first half of the division winning game @ Philly on a very cold Sunday night(I was in attendance) then the next week they treated the visiting Packers like a chew toy(remember Cory Redding pancaking Eddie Lacy as he returned a Rogers fumble for a TD...animated gif below). Then the following week the Cards mailed in the final game vs Seattle before meeting the Packers in the divisional round allowing Rogers to complete 2 long hail Mary's to tie the game before Fitz nearly taking a dump pass to the house before scoring the game winner 2 plays later. Then, of course, we go to Carolina and get bounced so the 2 seasons were eerily similar.

You must be registered for see images

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was actually addressing your comment that HOFers tended to be high character guys. Last I checked HOFers weren’t limited to our ROH.
Actually, like the baseball hall of fame there are guys of questionable character in the Football HOF. Perhaps not as bad as some baseball hall of fame guys(Ty Cobb, Cap Anson, Tris Sepaker, Orlando Cepeda, Ferguson Jenkins, Gaylord Perry, etc) but there are knuckleheads in the football hall of fame.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, like the baseball hall of fame there are guys of questionable character in the Football HOF. Perhaps not as bad as some baseball hall of fame guys(Ty Cobb, Cap Anson, Tris Sepaker, Orlando Cepeda, Ferguson Jenkins, Gaylord Perry, etc) but there are knuckleheads in the football hall of fame.

OJ Simpson tops all of the above by two slit throats!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have no problem with Palmer in the ring of honor.

He delivered some of the best seasons in Cardinals history. In fact, the best regular season.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I was actually addressing your comment that HOFers tended to be high character guys. Last I checked HOFers weren’t limited to our ROH.

Yea... but my actual question was about the ROH. And... I didn't say ALL HOFers were of high character. So not sure what your point was and why you chose to name LT... I mean, you could've named another 10 or 20 guys of questionable character and my point would still stand. :shrug:

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
let me preface this with my dog (about 3 years old is named Palmer).

He doesn't belong in our ROH - I believe it to be an insult to those that are there (that I watched anyway). I am unfamilari with everyone in our ROH - but to those that are there I think it is justified. Carson was an above average quarterbach until anything was on the line (previous team ; playoff game ; etc..) then he went into a shell

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
not sure what the motivation is at this point. Do they really think they need a ceremony every year - Do they get more proceeds from those games...?

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't get all the negatives on Carson Palmer , I rank Palmer 2nd to Warner in the best ever Cardinal QB's , my 3'rd is Lomax . When I started watching the (St . Louis ) Cards in the early 1960's , Charley Johnson was the QB , Jim Hart , I watched his entire career . JH was Johnny U this week and Kyle Boller the next , inconsistent . I live in Mississippi now but I was born and raised to adult hood in rural Missouri , hence i Was a Cardinal fan . I see some post that CP had 1 good season (2015) , what about season ( 2014 ) when we were 9 and 1 when Palmer was lost to injury , and we finished 11 and 5 . CP set new records in 2015 ----- TD passes ------ Passing yrds ------ Wins in a season , CP didn't fail us that season , but the injury to the finger on the throwing hand did . I would suggest that any Palmer doubters should pull up JH career stats and CP career stats ,and lets all examine . Carson Palmer ---- Welcome to The Ring Of Honor , You deserve this !

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes - he was QB for the best season of cardinals history. I agree. I am trying to remember which combination of "big" games it was for us (big for him in some cases like Cinci) that I decided we would never win the super bowl with him at QB. He just did not have the ability to play well in big games...in most playoff games I would argue he played poorly...from memory. After doing some more homework and listening to his interview today though it doesn't bother me as much as when I first heard the announcement. He sounds like he was a great team mate, is loyal tot he cards and obviously a high character person.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA