Reaction score
Rim of the World

Release date: May 24, 2019
Studio: Netflix
Director: McG
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Zack Stentz
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure

Starring: Jack Gore, Miyah Cech, Benjamin "Lil P-Nut" Flores, Alessio Scalzotto, Andrew Bachelor

Plot Summary: In Rim of the World, activities at summer camp have barely begun when four misfit teenagers find they’ve got bigger problems to face than learning how to canoe and climb ropes when aliens suddenly invade the planet. Alone in a campground once teeming with people, the kids are unexpectedly entrusted with a key that carries the secret to stopping the invasion. Without any adults or electronics to help guide the way, it’s clear what they must do: band together, conquer their fears, and save the world.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't bother. I could barely get through the movie it was so bad. It's funny in some parts reminds me of an old movie called Night of the Comet but it was obvious they were going for the old 80's sci-fi vibe.

The acting his bad. The story is bad. Some of the FX are bad. Honestly, this just isn't worth the time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Don't bother. I could barely get through the movie it was so bad. It's funny in some parts reminds me of an old movie called Night of the Comet but it was obvious they were going for the old 80's sci-fi vibe.

The acting his bad. The story is bad. Some of the FX are bad. Honestly, this just isn't worth the time.
Wow, we are on a roll this morning!

Not a world-beater by any means, but still has some fun parts to it. Maybe not worth a theater trip, but sitting on your couch and watching Netflix? Absolutely.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, we are on a roll this morning!

Not a world-beater by any means, but still has some fun parts to it. Maybe not worth a theater trip, but sitting on your couch and watching Netflix? Absolutely.

That's actually what I saying. There were some parts that reminded me of Night of the Comet and some 80's movie type nostalgia (which I like) but the rest? Meh.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's actually what I saying. There were some parts that reminded me of Night of the Comet and some 80's movie type nostalgia (which I like) but the rest? Meh.
You said it wasn't worth the time. How does that equal what I said?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't finished it, but the dude walking around introducing the camp and camp employees, just made the movie look dumb, and it continued farther in. If they didn't make it so over the top goofy, I think it would be a better movie.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a fun movie. My kids enjoyed watching it on a lazy summer afternoon.