Which Power Forward in the draft do you prefer?

Which PF do you prefer?

• De’Andre Hunter

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Brandon Clarke

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If the Suns decide to take a Power Forward at #6 and both De’Andre Hunter and Brandon Clarke are available, which one do you prefer and why?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am not sure. USA Today had Hunter going at #4. They also had Clarke going #16. Looks like both guys are out of our range?

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I am not sure. USA Today had Hunter going at #4. They also had Clarke going #16. Looks like both guys are out of our range?
Clarke’s range is all over the place. He may be the most polarizing player in the draft. Over on the Real GM Suns forum Clarke is actually leading the poll for the player they want the Suns to pick. He currently has 30 votes with Garland close behind at 28.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again both make me want to throw up. The 6th pick just flat out sucks. God do I hope the basketball gods prove me wrong. They did so with Marion and again with Nash.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Again both make me want to throw up. The 6th pick just flat out sucks. God do I hope the basketball gods prove me wrong. They did so with Marion and again with Nash.
Nash I knew would be great. I wanted the Suns to keep him and ship off Kidd. Marion, I had no idea. He maxed out his talent! I had a personal interaction with him that was really cool.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It really doesn't suck. There were 3-4 guys you would take at 4 and 1-2 of those guys will be there at 6

And history had proven time and again that some guy taken 5-8 will be top 3 in his class

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nash I knew would be great. I wanted the Suns to keep him and ship off Kidd. Marion, I had no idea. He maxed out his talent! I had a personal interaction with him that was really cool.
I was just the opposite. I was convinced about Marion and wanted them to draft him. I was disappointed when they drafted Nash. I figured he would be the latest of typical white guards the Suns had a penchant for drafting (Kyle Macey etc).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't really want either - but I think the first 5 picks will be

1. Zion
2. Morant
3. Barrett
4. Garland
5. Culver

Which are the only 5 guys I like so our choice will probably be between these two and Reddish.

Which makes me want to hurl.

If I have to choose I go Clarke

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bol Bolis a center

Hunter is a SF and Clarke is a C in a SF body
Bol Bol has every skill a pf requires, and he has the athleticism required to play pf. He does not have the bulk to play center. He is a tall pf, plain and simple. He cannot play center in the NBA, he could potentially play SF because his length compensates for his marginal speed on defense. You are just wrong on this one.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't really want either - but I think the first 5 picks will be

1. Zion
2. Morant
3. Barrett
4. Garland
5. Culver

Which are the only 5 guys I like so our choice will probably be between these two and Reddish.

Which makes me want to hurl.

If I have to choose I go Clarke
I think you are right on draft selections. I would go White at that point. I think all the guys in this draft past the top three are all similar boom/bust scenarios, so you might as well draft need in this draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft Mfiondu Kabengele in the first round and quit worrying about it is too early.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Draft Mfiondu Kabengele in the first round and quit worrying about it is too early.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He will be available with our second round pick, and I would certainly be fine taking him there.

Of course, he is a center, not a power forward. He will never have the quickness or shooting range to play anything in the NBA other than center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He will be available with our second round pick, and I would certainly be fine taking him there.

I doubt he will be available at #32 although I would be thrilled if the Suns went another direction at #6.

This kid is a beast on the court and appears to be NBA ready with his outside shot. The reason a lot of good players fall is because teams over think the pick.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I doubt he will be available at #32 although I would be thrilled if the Suns went another direction at #6.

This kid is a beast on the court and appears to be NBA ready with his outside shot. The reason a lot of good players fall is because teams over think the pick.

Just no Jerrett Culver, please.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He has a motor. That is sure. I think I would take him over Clarkson. He has the skills but also the physical profile. 6-11, 7-3 wingspan, 250 pounds, strong frame, decent 3. That is proto-pf material right there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It really doesn't suck. There were 3-4 guys you would take at 4 and 1-2 of those guys will be there at 6

And history had proven time and again that some guy taken 5-8 will be top 3 in his class
I think all of those guys would be mid-teen picks in most drafts. So yeah I think they suck.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wanted Wallace over Nash (yeesh) and maggette over Marion (wouldn’t have been terrible if i was right, but Marion ended up being way better than I expected). I had some good late hits that the suns nailed though like Finley and person - I was huge fans of both of those.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has a motor. That is sure. I think I would take him over Clarkson. He has the skills but also the physical profile. 6-11, 7-3 wingspan, 250 pounds, strong frame, decent 3. That is proto-pf material right there.

I'd draft Kabengele over Clarkson as well. He will be a load in the NBA.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wanted Wallace over Nash (yeesh) and maggette over Marion (wouldn’t have been terrible if i was right, but Marion ended up being way better than I expected). I had some good late hits that the suns nailed though like Finley and person - I was huge fans of both of those.
I wanted Wallace over Nash too.

But I had become enamored with Marion and his athleticism and production before the draft. He just seemed like a "can't miss" player to me. I was torn between Marion and Artest.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose