Murray discussion removed from the Nick Bosa injury thread

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Bottom line, Keim is chasing unicorns. Teams simply have almost never spent first round capital on <6 FT QB’s and especially a top ten pick.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Johnny Manziel measured 5'11 at the combine. Bust.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Hehehehehehehe. So you’re saying his height caused him to be a drug addict degenerate piece of human excrement? Good call. That’s about as good of an argument as saying Rae Carruth was a bust because of his build.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hehehehehehehe. So you’re saying his height caused him to be a drug addict degenerate piece of human excrement? Good call. That’s about as good of an argument as saying Rae Carruth was a bust.
He was a bust. Quit changing the argument. BJ Daniels was sub 6'0. Bust.

Historically speaking, sub 6'0 don't work in the NFL. Wilson worked because his skill set overcame his lack of height. Cardinals are betting Murray being similar to that.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a bust. Quit changing the argument. BJ Daniels was sub 6'0. Bust.

Historically speaking, sub 6'0 don't work in the NFL. Wilson worked because his skill set overcame his lack of height. Cardinals are betting Murray being similar to that.

Lolol. BJ Daniels?!?! Bahahahahahah. He was a 7th round pick. How is it even possible to be a 7th round bust. You’re not doing a very good job here at all.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I asked how many were busts. Simply name some or say “none”. It’s ok. We can still be friends.
You keep pressing this for some reason, you can go back almost 40 years and there have been ZERO sub 6ft 1st rounders drafted other than Murray.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Lolol. BJ Daniels?!?! Bahahahahahah. He was a 7th round pick. How is it even possible to be a 7th round bust. You’re not doing a very good job here at all.
It really doesn't matter. No sub 6'0 QB with under 30 games as a starter has ever won a superbowl or made the pro bowl. Murray has to be a bust because of that by your logic.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well I was about to jump into the Murray debate in a Nick Bosa thread of all places because that’s what this message board has devolved into since Murray declared for the draft.

I am/was in the Rosen/Q Williams camp but being a Cardinal fan I will be hoping Murray crushes it (in a good way) in the NFL.

I don’t doubt his talent. My concern is that he is going from playing behind one of the best college offensive lines to one of the worst in the NFL. How will he handle the colossal change in talent? Will he get hurt? Will he run back to the MLB when things get rough?

Frankly we’ve only had a few good seasons since the Air Coryell days with Warner and Palmer.

Expecting the worst is natural being a Cardinals fan. It doesn’t mean that I don’t want Murray to succeed. I think he’s very talented. I am just a realist when it comes to the talent surrounding him.

This O Line scares me. I predicted in another thread that we will have at least 3 starting O Linemen go on IR this year cuz that’s just the way we roll here in AZ. If/when that happens I fear for Murray’s health and the success of this team. History shows that the few fleeting seasons we were actually good since the Coryell days is when we had good offensive lines.

Ok now back to Bosa and his hammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Murray make the players around him better? I think so. His mobility helped the o- line and it certainly cause busted plays in the secondary to allow those wide receivers to get wide open.

Sorry, back to Bosa. Glad he’s not area. Would have taken Williams before him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well I was about to jump into the Murray debate in a Nick Bosa thread of all places because that’s what this message board has devolved into since Murray declared for the draft.

I am/was in the Rosen/Q Williams camp but being a Cardinal fan I will be hoping Murray crushes it (in a good way) in the NFL.

I don’t doubt his talent. My concern is that he is going from playing behind one of the best college offensive lines to one of the worst in the NFL. How will he handle the colossal change in talent? Will he get hurt? Will he run back to the MLB when things get rough?

Frankly we’ve only had a few good seasons since the Air Coryell days with Warner and Palmer.

Expecting the worst is natural being a Cardinals fan. It doesn’t mean that I don’t want Murray to succeed. I think he’s very talented. I am just a realist when it comes to the talent surrounding him.

This O Line scares me. I predicted in another thread that we will have at least 3 starting O Linemen go on IR this year cuz that’s just the way we roll here in AZ. If/when that happens I fear for Murray’s health and the success of this team. History shows that the few fleeting seasons we were actually good since the Coryell days is when we had good offensive lines.

Ok now back to Bosa and his hammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you fear for Murray's health? Rosen had an extensive injury history and he took a lot of shots last year. I would be much more worried having Rosen back there.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First page? I guess I missed something.
I combined your thread with the existing thread. What he meant by first page is the thread was on the first page of this forum among other threads, already being discussed.

Last edited:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Thanks. If you miss a day on this board you can miss a LOT of good threads....that aren't about Murray....

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Warner said on 98.7 that he is 6'1.5.

And, like I've said before, he said QBs mainly dont see over the line, they through windows between linemen.
You trust Kurt Warner more than his official Combine measurement? Then I can say that I trust Kyler is shorter than 5’10 because I heard it on the Orange Bowl broadcast?

I thought you believed in things that are “True,” and not those dastardly rumors from reporters. :billthecat:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler never ran a 40, so we don’t know how fast he is.

I would not push the envelope on saying 4.2 but there was some sites out of curiosity which took some of his runs from college and attempted to clock them in real time and they more than suggested the can run at least a 4.3. I watched his games against UT being a UT ex and though there might not be great defenses in the Big 12, you would be completely off base to think UT's recruiting classes still do not have great athletes and those guys could not even get him with an angle on him

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would not push the envelope on saying 4.2 but there was some sites out of curiosity which took some of his runs from college and attempted to clock them in real time and they more than suggested the can run at least a 4.3. I watched his games against UT being a UT ex and though there might not be great defenses in the Big 12, you would be completely off base to think UT's recruiting classes still do not have great athletes and those guys could not even get him with an angle on him
Listen, I know Kyler is fast, but Krang and I are having multiple arguments across threads, haha. If he’s going to argue that Kurt Warner’s height estimation is more important than the combine measurement, or that we can trust Kyler runs a 4.3 even though it hasn’t been measured, I’m gonna give him a hard time for saying we can’t trust reporters or the official website for saying we tried to get Kirk Cousins.

I know you’re not following my every post, so just explaining.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose