Game of Thrones (HBO)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
he simply took his ring off cause he knew he has to be executed

Yep. I know in the summer, my fingers can swell up in the Phoenix heat and make my wedding ring uncomfortable. It was only prudent for a man facing dragon fire to consider the discomfort his fingers might feel if he didn't remove them before being roasted. :)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I know in the summer, my fingers can swell up in the Phoenix heat and make my wedding ring uncomfortable. It was only prudent for a man facing dragon fire to consider the discomfort his fingers might feel if he didn't remove them before being roasted. :)

Varys is very smart. Metal conducts heat and he didn't want those tender spots in his fingers to be uncomfortable during his execution.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

its the same powerfull ring of lord of the rings, varys was the protector
the ring had to be saved from the flames

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People have started a petition for HBO to remake the final season, which I think is a bit much, but they've managed to get over 735k signatures so far. When I learned of it today/Thursday afternoon it had just passed 650k.

I can understand why some people are disappointed but I think it's a bit ridiculous to call for a remake. If people are disappointed with how it's being told now then they won't be happy with how a remake would play out because the ending will be known. They could create a new ending but following how Martin is planning things is the only logical solution. They could have taken their time and done a lot of things better, which was assumed to be happening with the year and a half delay, but we got a show that feels rushed.

While I didn't care for a lot of things in the last episode I'm not down on the season as a whole. It seemed like a lot of people were happy with the first 3 episodes, it was when not enough people died that the tide started to turn.

I'd be curious to find out how many people that signed this actually pay for HBO. Game of Thrones has been the most pirated television show since it was started and that hasn't changed. I remember hearing something like each episode from season 6 or 7 had 70 million illegal downloads worldwide, on average, and I doubt that has gone down substantially.

es-season-8-with-competent-writers?fbclid=IwAR0iDIwzI-iarjK7F3FYOQNU9wZi_xaNx7H4VY8SL5ea-5Z2-gdOHjjgBak

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the ending.

It was going to be anti-climatic any way you did it

Me too I liked it... anti climactic other then Dany being killed. But you can’t please everyone. Never gonna happen.

Love that a Stark is in power in both kingdoms. Love that John said eff your punishment and went to live with the wildlings.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too I liked it... anti climactic other then Dany being killed. But you can’t please everyone. Never gonna happen.

Love that a Stark is in power in both kingdoms. Love that John said eff your punishment and went to live with the wildlings.

3 kingdoms. Jon is clearly the king of the freefolk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope people see Dany's turn a bit clearer now. If they weren't on board with her heading that way prior to her destorying King's Landing then this episode should have cleared that up. She was on this path for a while. Of course they could have told the story a little better but I thought her turn to the "Mad Queen" was done well. I wasn't expecting her to rule or to share power with Jon. She became blood thirsty and despite getting the crown she wasn't finished and never would be.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
This season wasn't great by any means but I honestly enjoyed it. Maybe not the ending I would have went with but I like it and was satisfied enough with it.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Giant pile of “meh” for me. Just not feeling this season. Too rushed.

I’ll go back and start from the beginning over the summer. But I’m pretty disappointed with the final season.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Satisfied but disappointed in who wore the crown but loved a character saying FU to my fate I am doing what I want.

Like everyone else felt way too rushed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The only word I come up with is “satisfied.” Didn’t wow me. Wasn’t great solutions. Thought the nod to elections was a bit too cheeky for the tone of GoT, but overall I’m satisfied.

Sorry to see it come to an end.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So this leaves stuff wide open if they want to go back.
Oh I think that’s 100% why they all split up. Note none of the starks are with one and other. I venture to guess that the most compelling spinoff might be the adventures of Arya in the unchartered world. Because they can literally take that anywhere they want to go.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now for why this episode sucked.

#1. Last episode, we spent a ton of time on Aria finding a magic horse as she rides out of King's Landing.

One episode later, she walks out of King's Landing....

Was the magic horse just in her head? Did she just get off the horse right before riding out of the gates? Is this a literal F U and the horse you rode in on to anyone who made it this far?

Good thing we devoted precious screen time to someone doing ABSOLUTELY nothing for two episodes.

#2. Cersei and Jamie...again

The weight of the Red Keep and the 7 kingdoms is falling on you!!!

Its sort of a minor burial though. No more two bricks. After that the kingdom knew to stop. "Okay Okay...we killed them. Lets just stop now so Tyrion can mourn them next week"

#3. That Hand

Soooo....when Jamie and Cersei are buried, Jamie has his hands around her neck. Then they get buried...except that hand. Apparently the hand is made of pure golden plot armor.

#4 The entire ending

Oh we can't let Jon be king because the wars it would start with the dothraki and the unsullied. Hey they are sailing back across the ocean...oh well lets just continue to do what they asked

#5. Grey Worm

Of all the character arcs...even Jamie...this is the worst. He is caring until he isn't. He is loyal to the death until he isn't. He is uncompromising until he isn't

I am sure there are at least 20 of these.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#6 How long passes between Jon and Dany and the current Lords of Westeros arriving at the suddenly miraculously restored Kings Landing to vote?

Would it have taken like a minute to show the MOMENTOUS moment of Jon explaining why he killed Dany and them saying "Summon the Lords of Westeros"

#7. Apparently the Small Council room has the same plot armor as Jamie's hand..maybe better since it got no bricks

#8 Back to #6. Why did Grey Worm wait for the Lords of Westeros to teleport to the restored Kings Landing? Why not kill Jon and Tyrion in the apparent weeks betweeen scenes?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The season definitely felt rushed but in the end, for the most part, I am satisfied with the endings of each of the characters.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#5. Grey Worm

Of all the character arcs...even Jamie...this is the worst. He is caring until he isn't. He is loyal to the death until he isn't. He is uncompromising until he isn't

I thought his arc, or at least turn, made more sense than Jamie.

He's a former slave who was trained to kill and was also castrated as a child. He met a woman who he fell for that accepted him for who he was, missing parts and all, and he had her taken from him in this foreign land where his liberator took him. His liberator, Dany, told him all about that land and how once she's there she will rule that kingdom and he will be able to go on his merry way with his woman once they take care of the evil people who ran her off as a child. The first time he really encounters the people who ran Dany off, those he's there to kill, they kidnapped his woman in a quite brutal fashion to send a message. Of course he's all sorts of messed up now. His chance at normal is gone. I know it's nice to think he'd find another chick somewhere but it's too late for that, think about what he overcame to let Missandei in? He's not doing that again. He'll murder those responsible for taking her instead and when they're gone, he'll murder those who aided them.

I don't know, of all the complaints of arcs that took a wrong turn or uncharacteristic turn, I think Grey Worm's path seems the most clear.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave