The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Lakers have other players they’re targeting in trades, according to league sources. Chief among them is Wizards guard Bradley Beal, though with the Wizards not yet hiring a front office honcho, no decision has been made whether to trade Beal. But LA will be in position to make an attractive offer if Beal is put on the block.

There’s also interest in point guard Kyle Lowry, who could be available if the Raptors lose Kawhi Leonard in free agency. Because of Lowry’s age (33) and contract ($33 million for next season), the Lakers could bring him in for a relatively limited outgoing package.
https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-lakers-interested-bradley-beal-023034142.html

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We already have too many bench Point Guards. We need a starting Point Guard.

And Booker filling that spot didn't produce results.

The Suns do need a starting point guard but they need depth at the position. I do not want a replay of the last two seasons. If the Suns draft a point guard they will need veteran help with the transition.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A fake penis?

From a USA Today article:

Former NBA Sixth Man of the Year and two-time champion Lamar Odom revealed in his upcoming memoir, "Darkness to Light," that he cheated a drug test in order to play for USA Basketball at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We started googling ‘fake penises’ and studied different ways to beat a drug test,” he writes.

So he ordered one, and though he "was paranoid it wouldn’t work,” he says he used it — filled with his trainer's urine — and passed the test.

“(An official) stuck a thermometer in the cup to gauge the temperature … satisfied that the pee was mine, said ‘Welcome to Team USA,’ ” Odom writes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...heating-drug-test-before-olympics/3718607002/

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Booker needs to pull his head out and Produce................................................................
That is unfair to Devin Booker. He produced as a young Shooting Guard.
Even when the Suns made him the face of the franchise at a young age.

And he did everything you could expect when playing the Point by default.
And still being our top Shooting Guard. James Harden is an exception.

It is just like the Suns playing all sort of Small Forwards at Power Forward
and faulting them for not outplaying NBA Power Forwards.

And just like promoting Igor from a lifer Assistant to Head Coach and
expecting that he would magically fit the promotion, which he did not.

Devin does not need to pull his head out. He needs to be used properly.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is unfair to Devin Booker. He produced as a young Shooting Guard.
Even when the Suns made him the face of the franchise at a young age.

And he did everything you could expect when playing the Point by default.
And still being our top Shooting Guard. James Harden is an exception.

It is just like the Suns playing all sort of Small Forwards at Power Forward
and faulting them for not outplaying NBA Power Forwards.

And just like promoting Igor from a lifer Assistant to Head Coach and
expecting that he would magically fit the promotion, which he did not.

Devin does not need to pull his head out. He needs to be used properly.
I think this was sarcasm on CC's part. Just a hunch.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think this was sarcasm on CC's part. Just a hunch.
Lets not Blame Booker for all the turnovers and bad shooting % because he farts perfume. He played much better when healthy and playing with Oubre. Booker is a Max player and should be the Harden on this team. To say point Book can not work is short sighted. That's why I say Booker needs to pull his head out. :devil:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Double dipping. Going to be the best paid coach in the league. And he gets a point guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pelicans with a good hire:

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

Evan Sidery Retweeted Shams Charania

Langdon was a name who I thought made plenty of sense to be the Suns GM, if they decided to go in a different direction. David Griffin is building a powerhouse front office around Zion.

Evan Sidery added,

Shams CharaniaVerified account @ShamsCharania

New Orleans has agreed on deal with Brooklyn assistant general manager Trajan Langdon to make him the new GM working alongside David Griffin, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

8:35 AM - 19 May 2019

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My understanding is there's usually a clause about not paying a guy his full contract if he works for someone else in the same capacity. Kind of an anti-compete type of thing. That's why you saw a lot of our ex-coaches do other things instead of coaching while we were paying them.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Pelicans with a good hire:

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

Evan Sidery Retweeted Shams Charania

Langdon was a name who I thought made plenty of sense to be the Suns GM, if they decided to go in a different direction. David Griffin is building a powerhouse front office around Zion.

Evan Sidery added,

Shams CharaniaVerified account @ShamsCharania

New Orleans has agreed on deal with Brooklyn assistant general manager Trajan Langdon to make him the new GM working alongside David Griffin, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

8:35 AM - 19 May 2019

“Powerhouse” is strong. You’d think Dave Griffin was Jerry West the way he gets talked about.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
“Powerhouse” is strong. You’d think Dave Griffin was Jerry West the way he gets talked about.
By the way, Jerry West was set to retire, but he decided to help the Lakers one more year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave