Patrick Peterson suspended for PED’s - Suspended 6 games

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he falters at all when he gets back on field, rest of career going be chalked up to PED use. Now his going to have deal with a lot of asterisks attached to his name going forward when fans talk best CB in league.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Best that we know now , what kind of panic button event would it be to find this out halfway through preseason ? At least the coaching staff can start preparing around his absence !!!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No cards have a much better reputation then cowboys - they had their whole Dline suspended for this or that multiple years recently. PP is such a key core and well respected its a shock - but needs to take his medicine and come back swinging. I like him - so has more grace

Kind of making cheese's point for him.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So disappointed in Peterson, even more so that reportedly the reason he was upset with the organization was that he expected them to rework his deal so he wouldn’t lose as much money while serving his suspension. Like the league would even approve such a deal.

He is still an important part of this team but he will never have the legacy Aeneas Williams did after this.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Eff PP and the horse he rode in on.Enough with his BS routine.He wanted to bail last season and he has whined about his contract several times over the years.Enough is enough.Cards are starting over with a rookie HC and the "anointed transcendent " rookie Qb so is PP`s drama really needed in the locker room and his questionable character/non-leadership .

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I will say this, his suspension will give a good answer to the argument as to how easy he is to replace in the lineup. Both sides of the trade Peterson group can honestly assess how his absence impacts the effectiveness of the defense.
Sometimes its the effect in the locker room that counts also.PP has proven to be disgruntled in the past and is obviously upset with the team more right now.So is he worth having that distraction around while you are trying to install a new system,HC and rookie QB.Is his bitching and whining really needed and how much of a difference will he really make ? I question if his negatives really override what he brings to the playing field,Sure he is good in coverage but he does get beat sometimes,he is a lousy tackler,a indifferent run defender and a big DIVA.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Sometimes its the effect in the locker room that counts also.PP has proven to be disgruntled in the past and is obviously upset with the team more right now.So is he worth having that distraction around while you are trying to install a new system,HC and rookie QB.Is his bitching and whining really needed and how much of a difference will he really make ? I question if his negatives really override what he brings to the playing field,Sure he is good in coverage but he does get beat sometimes,he is a lousy tackler,a indifferent run defender and a big DIVA.

I think the locker room thing is overstated and overrated, by all indications the team all likes and respects Peterson. I've never seen Peterson bitch or whine about the team while representing the team, not in post game interviews, not at practices--I can't think of one example. Peterson may get beat "sometimes" but there is no such thing as an unbeatable player and he gets beat a lot less than 95+% of the leagues DBs.

IMO, this team is worse with him off the field than on it and I think that will be apparent early this season.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree that he is a diva.
But I think we are a better team with Patrick Peterson.
Are his antics worth the trouble? I think so.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not ok with:

Him taking PED's
Him trying to mask them
Him not taking the proper steps to ensure he didn't take a PED
His weak statement where he states his high character while apologizing for cheating.
IF his temper tantrum because he wanted his salary converted to bonus so he lose as much.

I'll give him a bit of a pass on:

Avoiding injury by not trying to tackle like a LBer (because of his Diabetes).

Furthermore, do the Cards have the ability to choose when this news is released or is it an NFL office thing.

Man oh man has it been tougher than usual to be a Cards fan over the past year.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I guess for the franchise this off-season the old manta of, "All publicity is good publicity." is certainly being tested.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
For better or worse, PP21 is a Cardinal for the next two years. After this infraction there is no way the Cardinals get a decent trade offer.
Cardinals have two drafts and two free agencies to replace a perennial all-pro cornerback.

One thing has changed: it is likely he does NOT retire a Cardinal.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some updates for those that have missed them.

Peterson's agent and PR people didn't want him to make any statement at all. The statement he gave was what he wrote himself. It may not have had the substance some people were wanting but it his 100% his words.

Kingsbury was at the charity event and with Peterson throughout the night. Peterson and him were getting along great.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose