Rosen vs ASU, Murray vs Texas Tech

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Take from it what you will, but it's interesting to watch both of these videos, one of Rosen vs ASU in his final year, and Murray vs Texas Tech. Watch the entire videos, then over analyze. But what I find very interesting is that Rosen looks, well like Rosen on the Cardinals.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Rosen - Tons of dropped passes and receivers with 0 separation, more pressure and much smaller passing lanes.

Murray - Receivers open by 10 yards, lots of great catches and RAC, 10 sec to throw. Much better running game.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Everyone looks great in their highlight film and everyone looks horrible in their lowlight film.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
So the Rosen video shows the good and the bad and the Murray video shows just the good. I noticed Murray’s picks that game weren’t in the highlights. Hmmmm

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosen - Tons of dropped passes and receivers with 0 separation, more pressure and much smaller passing lanes.

Murray - Receivers open by 10 yards, lots of great catches and RAC, 10 sec to throw. Much better running game.

He was hardly under much pressure in that video. Some of those "drops" were poorly thrown balls. Could they have been caught? Yes but he wasn't doing his receivers any favors on some of those. His receivers weren't doing him any favors either.

If that was the only thing a GM saw, does that video scream "I am a top 10 QB"?

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So the Rosen video shows the good and the bad and the Murray video shows just the good. I noticed Murray’s picks that game weren’t in the highlights. Hmmmm
The two pics were early in the game. The video does show his play making ability and decision making in various situations. Rosen looks like the same guy we saw last year. The only reason I post this is because I do think it is valid to look at the potential ceilings of both players.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray's height is irrelevant. His speed will be far less evident in the NFL. The only thing that matters is the speed of what resides between his ears. That's the million dollar question, far more than any physical pros or cons.

Can he instantly diagnose and process a defense? Will he sit up nights and weekends all hours of every day with X's and O's, game planning and testing and thinking and working with coaches?? Will he become a mental master of the game - a tireless leader and communicator of those thoughts - the true hallmark of the overall greats?

I want Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Peyton Manning back there. Not because they are tall or short or fast or slow or black or white. Because they are football savants, who are relentless in the pursuit of mental mastery of their craft.

I have never met Kyler Murray. I have only seen interviews, tape, read articles and heard the insights of those who have, and I question this aspect of Murray's makeup. His physical attributes outside of being short are beyond any reproach. He's the best athlete of any QB since Vick, but if that becomes important to your QB's game, it's a losing proposition.
If he has the whole package according to those who make these decisions, then he's worthy of the #1 pick. If he's a physical specimen who can't master the vastly more complex NFL mindcraft, he's our own Jamarcus Russell.

Last edited:

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think anyone in the world has ever argued Murray was better than Rosen in college. The stats speak for themselves. NFL is not college and why you often see the top college star QBs sputter in the NFL more often than they become NFL stars.

I don't think Rosen is a great QB. I also don't think Murray is worth a #1 overall pick and I don't want to reach. It's that simple. If he was available at 33 I'd say go for it. The truth is there are other teams that need a QB even worse than us but so far they aren't willing to trade up and spend a #1 on him either.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think anyone in the world has ever argued Murray was better than Rosen in college. The stats speak for themselves. NFL is not college and why you often see the top college star QBs sputter in the NFL more often than they become NFL stars.

I don't think Rosen is a great QB. I also don't think Murray is worth a #1 overall pick and I don't want to reach. It's that simple. If he was available at 33 I'd say go for it. The truth is there are other teams that need a QB even worse than us but so far they aren't willing to trade up and spend a #1 on him either.
Or they aren't offering because they know it would be pointless..they just got a coach who would love to have him as his QB and they know it would be a fruitless endeavor. Jmo But I agree with your overall take on the situation. I really don't have a huge bias one way or the other, like some might believe.. I just feel he would give our new coach the ability to have some get out of jail free cards with our new offense. More so than Rosen. Imo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose