2019 Draft Prospects...

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I've seen culiver from Texas tech as high as 4 in mock drafts and I got to say he looks pretty unimpressive in every game I've got to watch this tournament

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've seen culiver from Texas tech as high as 4 in mock drafts and I got to say he looks pretty unimpressive in every game I've got to watch this tournament
Just cost Texas Tech with his incredibly low IQ defense on the game tying 3 by Virginia at the end of the 2nd half in regulation.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Predictable. Hopefully it doesn't matter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think people get too wrapped up in the odds. I know there is only a 40% chance of landing in the top 3 but that's also higher than any other team, except New York and Cleveland. So while the Suns odds aren't great they have the best odds of anyone, or they are tied with the Cavs and Knicks for the best odds to land in the top 3.

I do understand looking at it the other way but I think it's better to look at the draft optimistically than pessimistically since we did actually luck out last year. Hopefully the bad luck was left behind in the first 50 years of Suns history.

I will get a little superstitious though and think the Suns should send JJ to the draft lottery again. He helped get us the #1 pick last year so might as well go for that again.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup. Mfiondu Kabengele is the nephew of Dikembe Mutombo.

I think he has a chance to play in the NBA and he has the measurements at 6'10" and around 250.
He needs a jump shot. But he’s got the body, athleticism and attitude from the few games I saw. Still kinda raw.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It’s a good comparison unless you’ve ever actually watched them both play.
It's a crap comparison even without watching them both play. Morant is an elite passer and Daniels wasn't. It's even worse when you have seen them both.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's a crap comparison even without watching them both play. Morant is an elite passer and Daniels wasn't. It's even worse when you have seen them both.

Nobody who turns the ball over as much as Morant should ever be called an "elite passer".

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
These guys have the ball in their hands a LOT, and face double teams more than most players. There will be turn overs based on just the amount of time they have the ball.

Exactly. Just like Morant. Which is why the turnover thing is way overblown. He does make some bad turnovers, but so did even Nash. That happens when you create that often and are that key to your team's offensive game plan.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nash averaged nearly 4 turnovers a game during his big run with Phoenix. Of course, he was getting double-digit assists as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The top 10 in the entire NBA in turnovers per game last year:

James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Devin Booker
Trae Young
John Wall
Giannis
LeBron
Joel Embiid
Ben Simmons

Luka Doncic

http://www.espn.com/nba/seasonleaders/_/league/nba/sort/avgTurnovers/order/true

Surprised to see 2 Philly players on there. You would think that would effect them more than it does but they won 50+ games this year and are the 3rd seed in the East.

With the others though you have Harden, Westbrook, Giannis, and Lebron who have all been MVP's at some time in their careers, assuming Giannis wins this years, and no one brings up their turnovers very often at all. If Curry and Durant weren't playing together then you'd probably see them on there also and then it would have every MVP from the last decade with the exception of Derrick Rose, who we all know is often injured and isn't much of a starter anymore.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Deep Sleeper: Jalen Lecque (pending eligibility request as a 5th year senior)

6-4 PG/SG. Crazy athletic. Insane hops. Goes to the basket hard. Intense. Plays with a massive chip on his shoulder. Makes jaw dropping plays at the rim.

RAW as all get. Needs work on his shot: right elbow needs tightening and his ball rotation is ugly. But it's fixable. Tons to learn. He's projected in the 2nd round. Way more upside than Bowman and Edwards as far as 2nd round "PG" prospects. (None of them are PGs by my definition, but then I'm fairly certain true PGs are going the way of the dinosaurs).

No, he isn't really a great fit for the Suns right now. I'm just prospect watching. I think this kid has some IT to him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson