Cardinals re-sign Gunter

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
One of the most overrated players on this board gets no interest in free agency, comes back for nothing, and remains wildly overrated.

It should speak volumes to fans about Gunter's value that no team was willing to potentially endanger a 6th round comp pick to sign him.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no kidding like 2 hours ago I was wondering what even happened, if he is getting offers and wants us more or what was going on.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the most overrated players on this board gets no interest in free agency, comes back for nothing, and remains wildly overrated.

It should speak volumes to fans about Gunter's value that no team was willing to potentially endanger a 6th round comp pick to sign him.

As a backup, I am happy to have him.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Quiet you - he is our Jim Dray!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

He’s excellent in his role...which is why most of us enjoy him on the team.
Nobody said he was an all pro.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

He was Keim's annual small school pick. This move probably will make Keim draft more prospects from no-name schools like John Brown and Chad Williams.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Much ado about nothing. He visited the Packers who threw money everywhere. There's something to be said about looking at his Twitter - "loyalty over gold" is in his pinned tweets, and he's a family first guy. He's a rotational depth player.

Nope. Now we dont need Bosa or Q williams! Lets just not draft anyone.
I'm with ya. Let's just see if we can trade the picks in for some some fine cheeses or something.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sadly I have to agree for the most part.

However I have no problem with him as a veteran backup who can occasionally rotate in to keep your DL fresh.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Actually it was our former DL coach Buckner who set up a meeting with Gunter at his lowly hometown football field. Buckner stood on the table for Gunter on draft day.

I think both of you guys are right... meaning it had less to do with Keim but other people in the organization

Reaction score

I am just satisfied the Cardinals played it right; let Gunter figure out that his agent was overselling him, and for Gunter to figure out his actual worth. . . Good for depth.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes me feel better Gunter is returning. He adds depth and continuity.