If Rosen is traded

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Not to mention an innovative playcaller. Kingsbury teams routinely scored 40 points a game.

When he signed on, I was listening to an interview with AQ Shipley. He stated that people across the NFL like Andy Reid have been going to Kingsbury for years for wrinkles to add to their offense. IMO college has surpassed the NFL for innovative playcalling.
In College not the NFL

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Perplexed?Certainly nnot.I am IRONCLAD ROCK SOLID not wanting Murray as the Cards pick.I REFUSE the Murray :koolaid: and :barf: at the thought of him being the choice.So you and your Jonesian cult won`t get me.Back you evil creature.I will never go to the dark side:jedi:
:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same for the Rosen Kool aid drinkers! They will be ready to give him more leeway and state he was put in a system not suited to his strengths. Goes both ways my friend.

Except that after two seasons with Rosen under centre, we'll have some real data to work off and make a call.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's a much better chance that during the first 8 games that the NFL will need to adjust to Murray, as opposed to Murray adjusting to the speed of the NFL.

I could definitely see it going that way too. Dak Prescott was basically unstoppable that rookie season.

But I also remember Russel Wilson going through some major growing pains in that first season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should start right away if we trade our starting QB to pick him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Along with a lack of talent/injuries...why Rosen should get an opportunity to thrive under KK.

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. If we had a pick that took us out of the Murray sweepstakes, then I'd be fine with giving Rosen another chance. Mainly because, he would still be our best option at QB. Well, partially because Rosen was so bad last year, we have the 1st pick. Murray is head and shoulders better than Rosen, and he's available. The QB position is EVERYTHING in the NFL, so you draft him & get what you can for Rosen. Or you wait for a starter on another team to get injured, and you then trade him. A smart organization like the Eagles utilized that approach & milked a 1st rounder from the Vikings when Bridgewater went down.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
@PACardsFan

The Viking situation was out of desperation. They were a playoff caliber team that just lost their starting QB at the end of preseason and Bradford was a seasoned veteran. I don't see the comparison here.

The problem/challenging part about this situation is there are no absolutes.

Josh may be a great QB or he may not be
Murray may be a great QB or he may not be
Bosa or Q Williams may or may not be Hall of Fame players
How many more games will Murray win you (WAR) vs Rosen
What should/could the Cardinals get in return for Rosen (they gave up a #1, #3, and #5)

I definitely want the best case scenario for the Cards to win and appreciate your perspective.

I would personally rather have Rosen plus Bosa or Q. I think KK's offense and his QB development skills/offensive scheme combined with Rosen's talent represent the best benefit/risk.
If KK has to have Murray, I am fine with it as long as we get at least a #1 pick for Rosen. That would give us 3 out of the top 33 players in this draft.

Outside of those two scenarios, I believe we will have forked up.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. If we had a pick that took us out of the Murray sweepstakes, then I'd be fine with giving Rosen another chance. Mainly because, he would still be our best option at QB. Well, partially because Rosen was so bad last year, we have the 1st pick. Murray is head and shoulders better than Rosen, and he's available. The QB position is EVERYTHING in the NFL, so you draft him & get what you can for Rosen. Or you wait for a starter on another team to get injured, and you then trade him. A smart organization like the Eagles utilized that approach & milked a 1st rounder from the Vikings when Bridgewater went down.

Troy Aikman - Hall of Fame

First season - 1989: 9 Tds - 18 Int. - record: 1-15
Sec. season - 1990: 11 Tds - 18 Int. - record 7-9

(Good thing they passed on the calls from the cheap seats to dump this bust!)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There are more examples of players floating in a sea of mediocrity from the start to the end
But we still have to bear rhe examples of goff and aikman
Ok, its like the 5% of chance of turning in a good player

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You're going to go all the way back to Aikman??? That NFL has long since sailed. Aikman was blessed to play with talent all around him. If he played with the Cardinals of that era, he would never be in the HOF. Please stop. Murray will be and already is significantly better than Rosen. And for that reason alone, you draft the kid. Unless the Cardinals are morons, they will do just that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You're going to go all the way back to Aikman??? That NFL has long since sailed. Aikman was blessed to play with talent all around him. If he played with the Cardinals of that era, he would never be in the HOF. Please stop. Murray will be and already is significantly better than Rosen. And for that reason alone, you draft the kid. Unless the Cardinals are morons, they will do just that.
You know who else was blessed to play with talent all around him? Murray in HS and at OK. If he played with Cardinals of last year, he would never be in today's discussion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well, there wasn't much talent around Troy in the first couple years. They built it up and he flourished.

And until Murray takes one snap in the NFL, he's better than no one who has taken a snap at QB under the big tent, and you saying it over and over again doesn't make it so.

Listen to the yelp from the cheap seats and you'll soon find yourself sitting with them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know who else was blessed to play with talent all around him? Murray in HS and at OK. If he played with Cardinals of last year, he would never be in today's discussion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Murray was the driving force behind his HS teams success. Did you watch the OU defense the past few years?? Mayfield & Murray were great because they HAD to be. They had to score almost every time they had the ball in order to win. If he played for the Cardinals last year, we would have won 8 games.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Calls from the cheap seats.. you're hilarious. We also have eyeballs just like scouts and other executives..I'm assuming most on this board are just a little more informed and able than your typical fan. It's also a new day and age where things like tape and other methods of evaluation are available..I know that is still a foreign concept for some. Most of this stuff is a crapshoot anyhow.. regardless of how good the executives are. Ie. Tom Brady, 6th round draft pick. I'm sure every franchise was glad they didn't pick this bust!