Murray may not run at Pro Day Today (3/13)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I totally get why people are asking even more questions about him not running, but the conspiracy theory about inflated height measurement seems REALLY out there. That implies that he somehow had more control over measurements at the combine... than his own pro-day. If those who buy in to that theory stop to think about that for even a second, how does that make any logical sense?
I agree about the height issue. If I am him, I would probably say that we already measured in a public environment, we have nothing more to prove. The running issue is big for me.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What impressed me had little to do with interviews and drills - it had to do with what happened between throws.

When they underhanded the ball, he caught everything one-handed, and without effort - apparently without even looking at the throw. Says something about his ball skills, peripheral vision and spatial relations.

A dumb and unimportant nuance, but it told me something about Murray's easy athleticism.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So 20 pounds is going to drop his 40 by .3 or .4 of a second? Give me a break. 20 pounds would mean .15 of a second at the most.

The point is nobody will EVER know how much is weight affects his height. Not running is a reflection that he believes it will adversely impact his timed speed.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m on the Rosen side of the fence , however , couldn’t the cards build a team around Murray minus 1 player?
Sure they can...but what if plays like Johnny Manziel vice Russell Wilson?

If we DIDN'T have Rosen (and made the investment to grab him where we did) I think he would be worth the gamble...but like I mentioned, if we are calling it on Rosen after one year despite the circumstances, then I would believe we could do the same if Murray doesn't pan out...then we are drafting number one again and going after another QB (third year in a row)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you remember anybody that doesn’t impressed with their throws on pro day?

Yes there are multiple QBs who don't impress when they throw. That is why they go later. They were even nice enough to give you the comparison to Mayfield last year.

You are just ready to fire off on anything remotely positive at this point.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Not a risk you take with the #1 pick when you have 3 potentially elite defenders staring you straight in the eyes.
Actually, No #1 pick has been DPOY in a long a$$ time.

the risk for a Defensive player at pick one is astronomically high. Clowney over Mack for example.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So 20 pounds is going to drop his 40 by .3 or .4 of a second? Give me a break. 20 pounds would mean .15 of a second at the most.

As soon as this pre draft BS ends he will play at whatever weight he is best at whether that be 180, 190, or 200. In reality a 1/10 of an inch of fat does not protect from injury unlike all these draft analysts and haters would have you believe.

20 pounds could absolutely effect your speed and likely would if you’ve never carried it before.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Face it my little snowflakes......

No matter how many insults you lob..... Kyler Murray is THE TRUTH on the football field.

IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN!!!

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, No #1 pick has been DPOY in a long a$$ time.

the risk for a Defensive player at pick one is astronomically high. Clowney over Mack for example.

And the risk of taking a historically SHORT QB with the #1 pick is not astronomically high risk?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes there are multiple QBs who don't impress when they throw. That is why they go later. They were even nice enough to give you the comparison to Mayfield last year.

You are just ready to fire off on anything remotely positive at this point.

OK let me rephrase have you heard of any quarterback that was even remotely considered a high-end prospect that just bombed they’re throwing evil on a pro day? And if you can can you list them for me? I certainly can’t? It’s a completely scripted environment in their own home with receivers they been throwing two for at least a year or more....

Hell even Big Bens back up was reported as just killing it at his pro day last year... lol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You Murray fans act like he is Russell/Michael Vick/Johnny Unitas rolled into one.Nick Bosa has a hell of lot better chsance of being Lawrence Taylor than Murray has of being RussellWilson/Michael Vick.

Really? So that is why all the draft analysts, PFF, and me disagree with you. Their are a ton of non Cardinal fans that think he should be the first pick.

I guess you guys are all right and all these scouts, and paid prognosticators are all idiots.

I am not saying he is going to be Russel Wilson. I am saying his potential is better than Rosen, and QB is by far the most important position. Look I don't care if Bosa is just as good or even a little better than his brother - DE's don't win a quarter of the games of QB's.

Obviously only time will tell for sure - but for anyone who is certain he will suck because he is 5'10 you are far more ridiculous than anything you accuse me of.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Not matter how much of a pedestal you Murrayites put him on he isn`t getting any bigger,isn`t impressing anyone with his pre-draft BS and isn`t dazzling anyone by showing his "elite speed and quickness'.Reciting his High and College stuffs means absolutely freaking nothing in the NFL.

Reactions: PJ1

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
And the risk of taking a historically SHORT QB with the #1 pick is not astronomically high risk?
True. No good retort for that one.

But the risk is similar IMO. Just one has a higher ceiling than the other.

Dare to be GREAT man!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If he did not run, to me that is something which concerns me for the long haul. Guy waits to the last moment to declare football and seems very reluctant to put his physical ability on display. Unless there is a injury, these kids should be required to go through almost any irritating request the NFL suggests for the benefit of a team's evaluation which intends to pay them a lot of money in a league they intend to be drafted in. In my best Southern accent, I think the boy is a bit coy

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score

As soon as this pre draft BS ends he will play at whatever weight he is best at whether that be 180, 190, or 200. In reality a 1/10 of an inch of fat does not protect from injury unlike all these draft analysts and haters would have you believe.

I don't know what it would do for his 40 time, but he's apparently afraid of running it so the world can find out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your overninflated love fest for a 5’10” QB with one real year of legit college experience and a 10 yard drop is just as laughable. It’s over the top.. Considering history save one blip in the radar says he’s doomed to be a massive failure.

Excuse me - what in this post gives you the idea I love him? I am just pointing out how overblown the criticism of him is.

His size does concern me - I don't love him. But I am not irrational about it, It is a negative but overall he still looks very good - assuming his personality and intelligence are ok - which honestly I have no idea about.

Personally I would never ever be happy with the cardinals taking a DE at #1 even if he was 6'10 400lbs ran a 4.3 40 and had 30 sacks in his last season. Am I irrational about that maybe - but at least I will admit it.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Really? So that is why all the draft analysts, PFF, and me disagree with you. Their are a ton of non Cardinal fans that think he should be the first pick.

I guess you guys are all right and all these scouts, and paid prognosticators are all idiots.

I am not saying he is going to be Russel Wilson. I am saying his potential is better than Rosen, and QB is by far the most important position. Look I don't care if Bosa is just as good or even a little better than his brother - DE's don't win a quarter of the games of QB's.

Obviously only time will tell for sure - but for anyone who is certain he will suck because he is 5'10 you are far more ridiculous than anything you accuse me of.

I feel certain he will fail because I doubt he will be close to a Russell Wilson.As for being ridiculous your blatant worship and failure to see that he will have problems in the NFl is bordering on Murray colored glasses.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is very Luka Doncic part 2 on the Suns board.

If you were not completely against even the concept of him being a good NBA player there were a contigent of people gaslighting that opinion.

I was for drafting Ayton (and still am) but people still got personal.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
True. No good retort for that one.

But the risk is similar IMO. Just one has a higher ceiling than the other.

Dare to be GREAT man!

I doubt the Cards would do that.I don`t feel SK wants to take that kind of chance with a historically short QB