Cowherd, Rosen, Murray

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Why? I can't stand Murray, but I think Rosen is a bust. I'll take the I can't stand guy if we can trade back a little. Rosen stunk in college. He's a spoiled rich kid and isn't a leader. Wonder if we could get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for the guy?

So he's a bust because his family is well-off? That's hard-hitting football analysis. :rolleyes:

I've asked three Rosen detractors to provide some examples of why he isn't a leader and no one has responded. Sounds more like empty analysis to me.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cowherd’s sources are within the USC athletic department. That’s how he had the scoop on KK to AZ. Beyond that, I don’t think he has any other sources connected to the Cardinals. Cowherd doesn’t care much for smaller-market teams. He’s all about teams that move the meter and he freely admits that. Arizona doesn’t do that.

Speaking of trade rumors with NE, how many times have we traded Fitz to NE? Like 80 times?
Going back to December and I can quote Cowherd “ a source has told me kk will be coaching an nfl team in 2019 . That team will be west of the of the Rockies. “ geographically the only team that fit at that time was Arizona. Just saying.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I think Cowherd has a thing for Rosen though. Right after Rosen's first game against Seattle, which was by far his best game, Cowherd had Mark Shlereth on his show that Monday. They talked about a couple NFL things. But then Cowherd got right into Rosen and you could see that was the real reason he had Shereth on the show, because he called that game. The Rosen love was flowing. He did look really good that game. But it was easy to psychoanalyze what was going on with Cowherd. You could see it on his face as he glowed over Rosen. He had that awkward interview with Baker Mayfield where he accused Baker of not celebrating with his teammates. That whole thing went south. So for whatever reason Cowherd picked Rosen as his guy out of the rookie QBs. That didn't gain any steam because Rosen's performances went steadily downhill. But if Rosen turns things around this year, Cowherd will be trumpeting him.

Since he lives there, Cowherd is very biased with players from Los Angeles. He touted Darnold and Rosen so much last season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Since he lives there, Cowherd is very biased with players from Los Angeles. He touted Darnold and Rosen so much last season.
I don't know about the bias comment, but Cowherd has a lot of access and connections to QBs overall, especially those who workout in or grow up in the State of California.

The tough part with Cowherd is identifying when he is referencing info he got from his network of sources vs his own speculation based upon his experience in the industry.

What most people can identify is that Rosen has a lot of the attributes and skills that are consistent with successful NFL QBs. That is one of the reasons guys like Greg Cosell and Colin Cowherd like Rosen.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know about the bias comment, but Cowherd has a lot of access and connections to QBs overall, especially those who workout in or grow up in the State of California.

The tough part with Cowherd is identifying when he is referencing info he got from his network of sources vs his own speculation based upon his experience in the industry.

What most people can identify is that Rosen has a lot of the attributes and skills that are consistent with successful NFL QBs. That is one of the reasons guys like Greg Cosell and Colin Cowherd like Rosen.
Yeah and if you are friendly to the next "Brady"/"Brees"/"Manning" he might come more often to your show than to others ...

At the end of the day Cowherd has a show to run.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah and if you are friendly to the next "Brady"/"Brees"/"Manning" he might come more often to your show than to others ...

Then why did Cowherd try to talk trash to Mayfield in studio?

Why did Cowherd constantly minimize the greatness of Mahomes this past season? He wanted to give the MVP to Andrew Luck.

He is biased towards his guys and sticks with it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Guys like Cowherd want controversy as that is what drives ratings. He could be lukewarm on Baker if he wanted to take the route that is most likely. Instead he over-exaggerates his concerns and then gets Baker to play along. Good for both brands.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Then why did Cowherd try to talk trash to Mayfield in studio?

Why did Cowherd constantly minimize the greatness of Mahomes this past season? He wanted to give the MVP to Andrew Luck.

He is biased towards his guys and sticks with it.
This is wrong. There just isn't the ratings in taking the middle ground so he inflates his concerns.

Don't kid yourself, there is reason to still be lukewarm on Mahomes. Same with Mayfield. Same with Lamar Jackson. There is a reason for a sports guy to be "in" on Rosen and Darnold. It is because they are still the safest bets. Luck was an easy call because he was a generational talent and prospect and he was able to generate ratings because idiots were falling all over themselves with RG3.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
This is wrong. There just isn't the ratings in taking the middle ground so he inflates his concerns.

Don't kid yourself, there is reason to still be lukewarm on Mahomes. Same with Mayfield. Same with Lamar Jackson. There is a reason for a sports guy to be "in" on Rosen and Darnold. It is because they are still the safest bets. Luck was an easy call because he was a generational talent and prospect and he was able to generate ratings because idiots were falling all over themselves with RG3.

Sounds vaguely familiar. Idiots falling all over a flashy qb as opposed to an intelligent pocket passer that can make every throw.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Idk. I can understand about Lamar & Baker even though I love Lamar & like Baker, but Mahomes really appears to be a generational talent. I don’t think you can have the season he had & still be lukewarm.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Idk. I can understand about Lamar & Baker even though I love Lamar & like Baker, but Mahomes really appears to be a generational talent. I don’t think you can have the season he had & still be lukewarm.

I haven't figured out if Mahomes is a 'one read then run' QB or not. Based on what I've heard a few pundits say, I get that impression, but I'm not sure. If that is the case though, I think a QB can get away with that if he has elite talent around him. Then when the talent starts to thin out, he gets exposed when he can't go through more than one read. I think that explains alot of what happened to Kapernick? That's the only thing I could see possibly derailing Mahomes.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I haven't figured out if Mahomes is a 'one read then run' QB or not. Based on what I've heard a few pundits say, I get that impression, but I'm not sure. If that is the case though, I think a QB can get away with that if he has elite talent around him. Then when the talent starts to thin out, he gets exposed when he can't go through more than one read. I think that explains alot of what happened to Kapernick? That's the only thing I could see possibly derailing Mahomes.

I think Mahomes could crash down from his season, Foles had one super season as well and last year this time everyone and us wanted a Washington QB that didn't look that good all season.

At the End the saves bets are the intelligent multi read fast release pocket QB in the league, than comes the rest.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Chopper thats exactly what I'm thinking. Being right on Mayfield, Mahomes at the end would give him way more creadibilty than having to state later that he misjudged them just because he saw the "problems" ...

Reaction score
I think Mahomes could crash down from his season, Foles had one super season as well and last year this time everyone and us wanted a Washington QB that didn't look that good all season.

At the End the saves bets are the intelligent multi read fast release pocket QB in the league, than comes the rest.

I would take Mahomes over any QB in the league right now. I think we've only seen the beginning of what he can do.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If mahomes comes back down to earth and becomes an average Qb. He will be okay with Andy Reid as his coach, who has dealt with average qb play before he got to develop Mahomes.

I’m more concerned about the Chiefs defense than I am about Mahomes.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I do not think we will know about Mahomes till next year because basically this was his rookie season as a starter. It will comes down to how he will be able to adjust after the NFL now has tape on him. I thought he would struggle with accuracy but has not, and you cannot deny his arm strength. You cannot predict how he will mentally react till it happens but I say it would lean towards the positive after such an amazing initial outing as the full time starter

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that Cowherd seems to like Rosen is telling because Cowherd tends to not like UCLA, he's very pro USC and anti UCLA. So if he's touting a former UCLA player he must really like him, or he's setting him up to fail.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mahomes ability to "no look pass" in of itself tells me he is special and will remain an elite NFL QB. I see the "it" factor in him and think he is the next Rodgers +.

Supposedly, the Cardinals thought his interview was the best they had ever seen. Had a remarkable understanding of football concepts.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Supposedly, the Cardinals thought his interview was the best they had ever seen. Had a remarkable understanding of football concepts.

Yet Keim wouldn't move up to get him. Probably bought into the hype of the 2018 QB class.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose