Cowherd, Rosen, Murray

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colin cowherd , like him or hate him, was the first person to hint about Kingsbury coming to the Cardinals and that was way back in December just before KK signed with USC. Today on his show some dude floated a rumor that New England would be interested in Rosen. He didn’t mention total compensation for Rosen. Also mention Rosen’s family has a home in the area. Mentioned Billichek desires intelligent and accurate qb’s and would groom Rosen to replace Brady some day. So in conclusion, if the Patriots are truly interested in Rosen what might that tell you? DON’T trade Rosen. How would you feel watching the Patriots for the next 10 years with Rosen steering the ship. Egads. Bottom line KK will make Rosen a top flight qb.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't understand the conflation of Cowherd seemingly having the inside scoop on Kingsbury and "some dude" floating an idea on his show. If Cowherd is the insider then we want his information. What did he say about it?

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the conflation of Cowherd seemingly having the inside scoop on Kingsbury and "some dude" floating an idea on his show. If Cowherd is the insider then we want his information. What did he say about it?
Cowherd reported on the story but I can’t remember the name of the guy he was quoting. He named the guy and was not hiding behind or claiming exclusive information. He merely was entertaining the thought of what this reporter said. If I can find the reporter he was talking about I’ll come back and post it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The idea of moving on from Rosen after one year is silly. Not that they are the end all be all, but Profootballfocus.com had a stat that Rosen completed the most difficult throws of any of the rookie QBs.

I think the Cardinals were working through getting Kingsbury DURING the season after he was fired by Texas Tech. I think he was the #1 candidate, and based on their criteria, he should have been. The funny thing that I am seeing from the national media on the Kingsbury hiring that is so ridiculous, is that you don't see them questioning the Zac Taylor hire but many are panning the hiring of Kingsbury. At least Kingsbury has head coaching experience, has a list of QBs he helped develop, and has a ton of play calling experience.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
The idea of moving on from Rosen after one year is silly. Not that they are the end all be all, but Profootballfocus.com had a stat that Rosen completed the most difficult throws of any of the rookie QBs.

I think the Cardinals were working through getting Kingsbury DURING the season after he was fired by Texas Tech. I think he was the #1 candidate, and based on their criteria, he should have been. The funny thing that I am seeing from the national media on the Kingsbury hiring that is so ridiculous, is that you don't see them questioning the Zac Taylor hire but many are panning the hiring of Kingsbury. At least Kingsbury has head coaching experience, has a list of QBs he helped develop, and has a ton of play calling experience.

Kliff has a higher profile than Taylor. The Ryan Gosling comparisons don't help in terms of media taking Kliff seriously. His losing record at Tech also hurts, whereas Taylor has been insulated as an assistant under other coaches.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no need to “bluff” about any desire for Murray. Until I hear official announcement from the Cardinals that we’ve traded Rosen I’m done reading about Murray.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score

If this ain’t a load of cosmic manure - even worse if that’s true! Rosen sucked - I mean by far the worse nfl rookie qb performance in several years? I mean blame it on Bradford ? Why - I don’t know - blame it on the fired OC, the new rookie OC, the mascot and the cheerleaders - Wilks - Michael, Keim hell it was Matt leinart’s fault. I hope he gets a fresh start and is everything everybody wanted, hall, Skelton, Derrick Anderson to be! But geez just tell the truth about it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Colin cowherd , like him or hate him, was the first person to hint about Kingsbury coming to the Cardinals and that was way back in December just before KK signed with USC. Today on his show some dude floated a rumor that New England would be interested in Rosen. He didn’t mention total compensation for Rosen. Also mention Rosen’s family has a home in the area. Mentioned Billichek desires intelligent and accurate qb’s and would groom Rosen to replace Brady some day. So in conclusion, if the Patriots are truly interested in Rosen what might that tell you? DON’T trade Rosen. How would you feel watching the Patriots for the next 10 years with Rosen steering the ship. Egads. Bottom line KK will make Rosen a top flight qb.

Cowherd’s sources are within the USC athletic department. That’s how he had the scoop on KK to AZ. Beyond that, I don’t think he has any other sources connected to the Cardinals. Cowherd doesn’t care much for smaller-market teams. He’s all about teams that move the meter and he freely admits that. Arizona doesn’t do that.

Speaking of trade rumors with NE, how many times have we traded Fitz to NE? Like 80 times?

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Seriously considering blocking all users who continue to bring up Kyler Murray, until after the draft. Bidwill already said Josh is the qbotf.
Why? I can't stand Murray, but I think Rosen is a bust. I'll take the I can't stand guy if we can trade back a little. Rosen stunk in college. He's a spoiled rich kid and isn't a leader. Wonder if we could get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for the guy?

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? I can't stand Murray, but I think Rosen is a bust. I'll take the I can't stand guy if we can trade back a little. Rosen stunk in college. He's a spoiled rich kid and isn't a leader. Wonder if we could get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for the guy?
Well if the trade is with Patriots it will be that or less.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

What are you basing your "bust" comment on? Last year? Who played well for this offense last year?

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score

Yeah and the Colts should have traded that bust Manning after his terrible rookie year.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cowherd’s sources are within the USC athletic department. That’s how he had the scoop on KK to AZ. Beyond that, I don’t think he has any other sources connected to the Cardinals. Cowherd doesn’t care much for smaller-market teams. He’s all about teams that move the meter and he freely admits that. Arizona doesn’t do that.

I think Cowherd has a thing for Rosen though. Right after Rosen's first game against Seattle, which was by far his best game, Cowherd had Mark Shlereth on his show that Monday. They talked about a couple NFL things. But then Cowherd got right into Rosen and you could see that was the real reason he had Shereth on the show, because he called that game. The Rosen love was flowing. He did look really good that game. But it was easy to psychoanalyze what was going on with Cowherd. You could see it on his face as he glowed over Rosen. He had that awkward interview with Baker Mayfield where he accused Baker of not celebrating with his teammates. That whole thing went south. So for whatever reason Cowherd picked Rosen as his guy out of the rookie QBs. That didn't gain any steam because Rosen's performances went steadily downhill. But if Rosen turns things around this year, Cowherd will be trumpeting him.