Who would you like to coach the Suns next season?

Who would you like to coach the Suns next season?

• Total voters

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the Igor poll that closed 2 months ago asked you what you PREDICTED.
this poll is about what you WISH or WANT?
(regardless of the availability of a viable replacement or likelihood of Sarver hiring someone else)

a summary of my vote to replace:

personally, i like Igor. i just think he's over his head.
i'm guessing many of the players like him too, but don't respect him as head coach.
i often disagree with his decisions, strategies, and philosophy
and i believe he lacks sufficient passion, communication and motivational skills for the job.

given his 18 years of experience, i believe his coaching won't improve much over time
and i wonder why he wasn't promoted by any of his prior teams?

we don't know what goes on off the court
but i believe this team has significantly more talent than last year
and should be performing significantly better
instead of having a significantly worse record than last year's last place team

we had a young team last year. we had injuries last year -- every team does.
the head coach has to take responsibility for the results -- every coach does.

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2018/12/07/phoenix-suns-igor-kokoskov-lost-locker-room/

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I would upgrade the poll to . . . Whom would you like to be GM (to choose an experienced, qualified Head Coach) next season?

........ James Jones.

.........* Some other experienced, qualified General Manager.

My vote would be the bottom line, just as on the poll for Head Coach.

Replacing one without replacing the other would not lift the Suns out of the cellar.

Can we do one for ownership group, too? But that's like a fart in the wind.

Just as the other poll question(s). Because all three decisions are in the hand of the Chief Villain.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can we change the second option to remove "other", since Igor Kokoskov clearly is not qualified?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Can we change the second option to remove "other", since Igor Kokoskov clearly is not qualified?
Good point! Or use use parentheses. Some other (experienced, qualified) coach. And GM.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
or, some other coach (who is experienced and qualified)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how there's an article from December 7th placed in the first post about Igor might be losing the locker room to suggest that Igor should be fired. It's not quoted or given to back up a viewpoint, a lot has changed since then, but that doesn't matter. It had to be posted to make sure there was a negative article about Igor to kick things off. It's sort of a "here, this is to help anyone make up their mind but ignore the date and the last 2 months. It's also written by someone named Dan Valpone, who I've never heard of before but apparently he has insight that guys like Duane Rankin, Gina Mizell, or even an Evan Sidery or Greg Esposito don't.

There's a half dozen posters here who blame Igor for everything and can't let a day go by without reminding everyone that "Igor sucks" and take it personally if you don't agree with them.

This poll doesn't need to exist, go to any game day thread and you can see the for and against. As the votes come in though it won't matter how the actual poll looks, the majority of actual posts will be bashing Igor and trying to sway others into voting for him to be fired. The reason for that is because the people that want him out take it personally, like I said.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I vote for Becky Hammon for a variety of reasons:
1) She might accept the job simply because she can't wait to be an NBA head coach.
2) She had the moxie to move to Russia to get around the powers that be in WNBA circles - and proved them wrong about her.
3) She's worked under Popavich for 5 years. He said she's ready, though I don't give that a lot weight... he's typically very positive in his remarks about coaches. Then destroys them head-to-head.
4) She might be able to use her womanly wiles to circumvent Sarver's attempts to meddle.
5) Who knows, Sarver might hire her just to have something to point to where he beat out other owners - the first one to do something.

I don't vote to fire Igor unless we have a viable replacement who we have reason to believe would take the job.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
well, this poll is constructed on the premise of there being a viable replacement.

Becky isn't very experienced, but she seems like she'd be a strong leader so i would vote for her as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
this poll exists so we can see how the majority of posters feel
--anonymously, without intimidation by those most ardent devotees who post here most often and work hard at suppressing criticism and making up excuses

on that inevitable day, in the near future, when this coach is fired. THEN, they will say it was for the best.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
...As the votes come in though it won't matter how the actual poll looks, the majority of actual posts will be bashing Igor and trying to sway others into voting for him to be fired. The reason for that is because the people that want him out take it personally, like I said.

i'll tell you what i'll do for you, since you or one of the other silencers complained and had me suspended for 3 days for unknown reason.

the poll is now 7 to 5 in favor of Igor coaching next season
if the majority vote 1 week from now is not in favor of replacing him next season
i will never post here again

if not, all i ask is that you change your name from Poop Head to Poopy Poop Head

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would take Hammon, Calipari or Pitino over Igor Kokoskov.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
How many HCs has Booker had in his young career, 4? A different HC for each year he's been in the NBA. He doesnt need a #5 and neither does the rest of the team. How about getting the Suns a GM who is competent enough to assemble a team Igor can win with?
Common sense goes a long way.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it's true we don't know everything about igor's coaching, but just about every time something is revealed, it makes no sense

i just watched igor tell Booker "one shot" with 32 seconds to go in the half
and, of course, the Kings get the ball back and a 3-point play to end the half up 19

and he started the new guy at point after his first poor Suns game 2 days ago

and he played iron-man Booker all 12 minutes opening minutes after coming back from his 4th injury
when his defenders used that excuse last game for pulling Ayton after 8 minutes when he was on fire

and just yesterday some defended igor's philosophy that "consistency is more important than wins" and more important than "the flow of the game"

but back to the 2nd half now -- i'm anxious to see what igor and his defenders will think up next...

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this poll exists so we can see how the majority of posters feel
--anonymously, without intimidation by those most ardent devotees who post here most often and work hard at suppressing criticism and making up excuses

on that inevitable day, in the near future, when this coach is fired. THEN, they will say it was for the best.

It's apparent how posters feel, every game day thread makes it obvious. You, BC, and 1Sun try to take over each one bashing Igor incessantly. Everyone gets it that you all don't care for him but at this point you guys don't even bring up a reason why you don't like him and just pick fights with people who don't agree with you.

A new thread for you to bash Igor in isn't a surprise though. I guess in your couple of days away you had Igor bashing withdraws and needed to get it all out.

You aren't interested in what other people say and that's apparent by how you tried pushing your own agenda in the first post and even with how you worded the poll. If you really wanted to know then you should have asked something along the lines of "Should Igor be fired for his coaching job this season?" with a simple yes or no.

Instead you want skew things to push the idea that we need a more experienced and we may but Igor is what we got because Budenholzer turned the job down. Igor was not a bad 2nd option. Who else was out there though? You want to make Igor vs the Field though and that's not exactly getting a clear picture on how people think Igor has done his job.

Also, if you wanted to make an anonymous poll for people to partake in then why didn't select the option to make this poll anonymous. You know that you can click and see who voted for which option right now?

So far against is Offset, ActingWild, BC867, Bobster, HeHasRosen, and 1Sun, in addition to you. I don't know who ActingWild is, I don't recall seeing them post here often, if at all, and the others Offset and Bobster are new, and HeHasRosen is primarily posting on the Cardinals board. The other 3, you, 1Sun, and BC are the broken records that plague every thread with your whining about Igor though so it's no surprise you 3 want him out. With how much you 3 agree it wouldn't surprise me if it's all 1 person running those 3 accounts.

i'll tell you what i'll do for you, since you or one of the other silencers complained and had me suspended for 3 days for unknown reason.

the poll is now 7 to 5 in favor of Igor coaching next season
if the majority vote 1 week from now is not in favor of replacing him next season
i will never post here again

if not, all i ask is that you change your name from Poop Head to Poopy Poop Head

If you were banned it was for a reason, maybe it's because you act like a troll and are constantly trying to start arguments. The mods here don't just ban people for no reason.

Now, I'm a silencer though? How is that, I've never tried to silence anyone. If you want to debate something then I'm more than willing to do that but when you contradict your own points it's no longer a debate and obvious that you're trying to instigate something.

I don't need to make a bet with you. I know how this will play out but I'm not for forcing people off the board. If you want to leave then go, I feel confident saying you won't be missed.

I didn't choose this name either, it was picked and because I don't have thin skin I can handle it. I find it comical how you and BC get hung up on though and can't seem to reply to a post without needing to make some immature comment about poop. That says more about you than it does me.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
How does Mannequin Igor have more than 50% of the vote here?

Worst coach in Suns history

Clearly has absolutely ZERO ability to connect with his team emotionally

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I would still like to see the same guy I was pushing for this past summer... Monte Williams.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
...can't seem to reply to a post without needing to make some immature comment about poop.
immature, yes. but appropriate. your specialty is criticizing the criticism -- ridiculing reasonable criticism
i suspect you got that name because you earned it

That says more about you than it does me.
yeah, that line has been overused by politician's this year

if we're going to re-use politician's lines:
as far as you and a small minority of aggressive Igor defenders are concerned
it's as if Igor could "shoot someone on 5th Ave and get away with it"

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
immature, yes. but appropriate. your specialty is criticizing the criticism -- ridiculing reasonable criticsm
i suspect you got that name because you earned it

yeah, that line has been overused by politician's this year

if we're going to re-use politician line's
as far as you and a small minority of aggressive Igor defenders are concerned
it's as if Igor could "shoot someone on 5th Ave and get away with it"

How many more threads do you want this to span across, seriously? I count 3 right now. You are the one that's engaging me. Doing that isn't reasonable and neither are your criticisms generally. I honestly don't think you even know what reasonable means at this point. You are a troll and this is your tantrum for not getting your way. It's quite sad.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
...I honestly don't think you even know what reasonable means at this point. You are a troll and this is your tantrum for not getting your way. It's quite sad.
again, thank you for your kindness

as of now. my sad, childish, troll self will stop replying to your posts
and i ask that you, kindly, stop responding to mine

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
It's apparent how posters feel, every game day thread makes it obvious. You, BC, and 1Sun try to take over each one bashing Igor incessantly. Everyone gets it that you all don't care for him but at this point you guys don't even bring up a reason why you don't like him and just pick fights with people who don't agree with you.

A new thread for you to bash Igor in isn't a surprise though. I guess in your couple of days away you had Igor bashing withdraws and needed to get it all out.

You aren't interested in what other people say and that's apparent by how you tried pushing your own agenda in the first post and even with how you worded the poll. If you really wanted to know then you should have asked something along the lines of "Should Igor be fired for his coaching job this season?" with a simple yes or no.

Instead you want skew things to push the idea that we need a more experienced and we may but Igor is what we got because Budenholzer turned the job down. Igor was not a bad 2nd option. Who else was out there though? You want to make Igor vs the Field though and that's not exactly getting a clear picture on how people think Igor has done his job.

Also, if you wanted to make an anonymous poll for people to partake in then why didn't select the option to make this poll anonymous. You know that you can click and see who voted for which option right now?

So far against is Offset, ActingWild, BC867, Bobster, HeHasRosen, and 1Sun, in addition to you. I don't know who ActingWild is, I don't recall seeing them post here often, if at all, and the others Offset and Bobster are new, and HeHasRosen is primarily posting on the Cardinals board. The other 3, you, 1Sun, and BC are the broken records that plague every thread with your whining about Igor though so it's no surprise you 3 want him out. With how much you 3 agree it wouldn't surprise me if it's all 1 person running those 3 accounts.

If you were banned it was for a reason, maybe it's because you act like a troll and are constantly trying to start arguments. The mods here don't just ban people for no reason.

Now, I'm a silencer though? How is that, I've never tried to silence anyone. If you want to debate something then I'm more than willing to do that but when you contradict your own points it's no longer a debate and obvious that you're trying to instigate something.

I don't need to make a bet with you. I know how this will play out but I'm not for forcing people off the board. If you want to leave then go, I feel confident saying you won't be missed.

I didn't choose this name either, it was picked and because I don't have thin skin I can handle it. I find it comical how you and BC get hung up on though and can't seem to reply to a post without needing to make some immature comment about poop. That says more about you than it does me.

Dude you instigate more crap on here than anyone. I agree that they are beating a dead horse and it is annoying. No doubt but you act like because I have a Cardinals avatar i don't know what Im talking about. You need to get over yourself. Ive been in between for most the season but when i see the same fundamental coaching errors i begin to question what he's doing. People are allowed to have different opinions than you.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude you instigate more crap on here than anyone. I agree that they are beating a dead horse and it is annoying. No doubt but you act like because I have a Cardinals avatar i don't know what Im talking about. You need to get over yourself. Ive been in between for most the season but when i see the same fundamental coaching errors i begin to question what he's doing. People are allowed to have different opinions than you.

Did I say that you weren't allowed to have a differing opinion? I don't see that anywhere. Please show me since you found it so easily. I simply said that you post on the Cardinals board more than here, that's it. You decided to take that a different way like I was discrediting you but I didn't mean to do that and I'm sorry you took it that way. Since I don't see you post a lot I didn't know what else to say about you. Compared to the 3 stooges though you're the only semi-regular poster on this board. I was more mentioning you post on the Cardinals board to state that you aren't a noob.

I'm not starting anything. I'm simply replying to someone who has followed me from thread to thread lately and harps on everything I post. If I don't say Igor is the worst coach ever then apparently my take doesn't matter to some. When Igor does something that warrants being called out then I will but just because I defend him against ridiculous accusations made by the same 3 people since the first week of the season that doesn't mean I'm stoked Igor is our coach.

I don't intend to start fights here or anywhere and if you take that from what I post then that's on you. The only thing I've done is try to question why some people feel a certain way when it comes to the Igor bashing because it's constant and a lot of times it's not generally things that coaches get blamed for, from what I've seen.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tom Thibodeau is another coach we should seriously consider. This team desperately needs a disciplinarian.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I would like to see Becky Hammon get the chance.

But this young team needs an experienced Head Coach. Regardless of their gender.

However, I would like to see Annie get GM. She has that experience leading the Mercury to championships in their league.

And it would fit Sarver's cheapness MO. She is already on the Suns/Mercury corporate payroll. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose