Headcoach Kliff Kingsbury and his assistant coaches

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Rob Demovsky‏Verified account@RobDemovsky 5m5 minutes ago
Packers WR coach David Raih also will be free to pursue other jobs. A source said he will not be retained by new coach Matt LaFleur. Look for him to get a shot in Arizona. He worked with new Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury at Texas A&M in 2013. There's... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41052467-4…

Definitely seems Kliff likes him. Kliff recommended him to Packers/McCarthy.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...eft-100k-salary-for-unpaid-first-coaching-gig

"In two years at UCLA, Raih helped out with quarterbacks and tight ends before he returned to his alma mater in 2010 as a graduate assistant to work with the offensive line and then the tight ends. He later jumped to Texas Tech as the director of high school relations and then receivers coach before Mike McCarthy hired him as a Packers coaching administrator in 2014 on the recommendation of Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury, who played for the Saints when McCarthy was New Orleans' offensive coordinator."

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can click here to see a tweet from Alex Marvez who is reporting that the Cards have interviewed Steve Sarkisian for their offensive coordinator-position, and that they do indeed have interest in Chuck Pagano.

I remember that I was very impressed with Sarkisian when he was the head coach at the University of Washington, but I know he has certainly had his problems since then.

I am sorry I have to just give you a link. I still don't know how I copy tweets into a post, and fortunately, several times members have been kind enough to do it for me. :)

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can click here to see a tweet from Alex Marvez who is reporting that the Cards have interviewed Steve Sarkisian for their offensive coordinator-position, and that they do indeed have interest in Chuck Pagano.

I remember that I was very impressed with Sarkisian when he was the head coach at the University of Washington, but I know he has certainly had his problems since then.

I am sorry I have to just give you a link. I still don't know how I copy tweets into a post, and fortunately, several times members have been kind enough to do it for me. :)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So according to many of these comments K K will be a nominal HC and be surrounded by a staff, selected by Keim , that makes his decisions. Hope that is not true.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Just read on main site - that he is leaning on Keim and Bidwill- and they don’t care if they know the coaches before - exact opposite of how I see good staffs put together. We are going to pass ourselves to death again - teams I see in the playoffs run a lot! And well -

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
So according to many of these comments K K will be a nominal HC and be surrounded by a staff, selected by Keim , that makes his decisions. Hope that is not true.

I think that will actually help him succeed. Our athletic director at Tech allowed him to make all the staff decisions and it got him off to the wrong start with a lot of inexperienced coaches around him.

Your ownership wants Kliff to fix Rosen and the offense. That's his primary job. He will have full control of the offense. Surround him with some good veteran coaches on defense and this could be a heck of a formula.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that will actually help him succeed. Our athletic director at Tech allowed him to make all the staff decisions and it got him off to the wrong start with a lot of inexperienced coaches around him.

Your ownership wants Kliff to fix Rosen and the offense. That's his primary job. He will have full control of the offense. Surround him with some good veteran coaches on defense and this could be a heck of a formula.
Your athletic director at T T is a moron. Everyone at the U of Miami did a happy dance when Kirby Hocutt left. What you described as K K's duties are those of an OC/QB coach. Like I said, and stand by, he could fail because of someone else's choices. Not many coaches would accept a job that hamstrings them. In fact that is exactly what just happened in Green Bay with the interview that went sour with Josh McDaniels.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Your athletic director at T T is a moron. Everyone at the U of Miami did a happy dance when Kirby Hocutt left. What you described as K K's duties are those of an OC/QB coach. Like I said, and stand by, he could fail because of someone else's choices. Not many coaches would accept a job that hamstrings them. In fact that is exactly what just happened in Green Bay with the interview that went sour with Josh McDaniels.

Kirby doing a pretty good job with our baseball/basketball programs. Hired the right guys for that and I think the Matt Wells hire in football will turn out a lot better than Kliff did for us.

As far as the "hamstring" comment, how do you know he is being put in a bad position? Kliff seems pretty self-aware of his failings at Tech. Maybe he wanted their help to build the staff in Arizona. His comments in the press conference sound that way to me.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirby doing a pretty good job with our baseball/basketball programs. Hired the right guys for that and I think the Matt Wells hire in football will turn out a lot better than Kliff did for us.

As far as the "hamstring" comment, how do you know he is being put in a bad position? Kliff seems pretty self-aware of his failings at Tech. Maybe he wanted their help to build the staff in Arizona. His comments in the press conference sound that way to me.
What I don't get is that if you do not like K K, why did you follow him over to the Cardinal site that you joined yesterday?

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
What I don't get is that if you do not like K K, why did you follow him over to the Cardinal site that you joined yesterday?

Where did I say I don't like Kliff? Bizarre assumption by you. Tech people love the guy. He is one of us. We want him to succeed. He wasn't able to get the job done at Tech for numerous reasons, but I think he can succeed in the NFL.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"nominal HC" with a staff that "makes his decisions" is the most negative possible spin on things, and not the impression i get.

The Cardinals specifically liked KK's head coaching experience, and he's the head coach, so he has the ultimate decision-making authority in that capacity. But, he doesn't have a lot of NFL contacts, and both he and the Cardinals want to support him with experienced NFL coaches who can take responsibility for the defense and help him adjust his offensive concepts to the NFL game. It's not much different from McVay's situation with the Rams, though a bit riskier because of KK's lack of NFL coaching experience and contacts, and the additional help he'll need in that regard.

Everyone seems to be on the same page at this point, so i'll stay optimistic until given reason to think otherwise.

...dbs

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is why I don't care. Kingsbury doesn't have connections in the NFL to the degree that many guys do. I have no issues with him grabbing the guys he wants and then utilizing Keim, who has a good rep in around the league, to help him fill in some gaps or make introductions. From there, Kingsbury will know who can help him get what he needs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson