Potential defensive coordinators - my suggestions

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
A lot of college assistants are paid better than NFL ones, especially at top 25 schools. So I doubt that would happen.
Not sure if that is true but getting your foot in the door of a NFL team for a lot of ambitious college coaches is priceless.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not sure if that is true but getting your foot in the door of a NFL team for a lot of ambitious college coaches is priceless.
they were discussing it during the college playoffs. Those clemson assistants make 2.5mil a year....but clemson is one of the higher paying schools... but all the big programs pay well in the sec

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK, Zeno. My original post was said in light of the 40 something points they gave up Monday night. I edited my post just for you :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
cleveland leaning towards Kitchens is good. that should put greg williams on the market...mr bounty gate is one hell of a DC....rather have him with us than against us.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would prefer Greg Williams however the obvious play is Del Rio. Assistant head coach/DC. Hire him now, let him fill out his Defensive staff while dingleberry fills out his offensive staff and get to work.

Did we fire the ST coach? I would like him to stay.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
There is no way Greg Williams would serve as DC under Kitchens. After Hue was fired, Kitchens was OC under Willams. The Browns could've stayed put with HC Williams and OC Kitchens, but opted for the latter being their HC going into next season. Tough pill to swallow after a great 2nd half of the season, especially for a blow hard like Williams.

Would love him as our DC. Best blend of NFL experience as DC and HC, he calls an aggressive game and his units always play hard. He is the anti-Wilks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Doubtful sine Williams was the HC. Why wouldn't they just keep it the same if that was the case? Of course, we are talking about the Browns.

A DC name to consider, Kris Richard of the Cowboys. Believe he's from Seattle line of defensive coaches and he spells his first name with a K.

Kris Richard (pronounced Ri-shard) would be nearly at the top of my list. Likes hyperaggressive defense. My kind of d coach. I personally HATE read and react defenses. I believe in having simple to execute, attacking schemes.

My list is:
Pagano(s)
Vance Joseph
Kris Richard

I wonder if the bridge was totally burnt with Arians and if none of his peeps would come to AZ?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no way Greg Williams would serve as DC under Kitchens. After Hue was fired, Kitchens was OC under Willams. The Browns could've stayed put with HC Williams and OC Kitchens, but opted for the latter being their HC going into next season. Tough pill to swallow after a great 2nd half of the season, especially for a blow hard like Williams.

Would love him as our DC. Best blend of NFL experience as DC and HC, he calls an aggressive game and his units always play hard. He is the anti-Wilks.

He may be a douchebag, but he would be OUR douchebag:clapping:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
if we want Jack Del Rio we need to hurry. Rumor has it Shurmer is trying to hire him as DC for the Giants.

EDIT:
the article was from last january...sorry folks,..got confused with the new year and all that

NY is not looking to hire DelRio

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know a proven veteran DC would be exactly what this new staff needs but could you imagine if Kingsbury could lure Brent Venables to the NFL? Venables has accomplished everything at the collegiate level except become a HC but he’s 48 so he is still young and a lot of guys on the defense would know and respect him. Venables is a pipe dream but he would be a WOW hire in a good way. Even though he is a 4-3 DC that shouldn’t matter because Keim could get the pieces to fit a 4-3.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn