2019 NFL Draft Scouting Thread

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah okay, so you really didn’t watch the game.

Carry on.

I did watch the game. Williams’s name was absent most, if not all, of the game. Granted, his success allows others to make plays. I don’t want that guy at #1. At 1, it has to be the guy who actually makes the play. If we covet Williams, then trade down to take him. Otherwise, take Bosa at 1.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
dont want to make too big a deal about this - but something i found pretty curious

the CFB playoff system has been in place 4 years where players have moved on to the NFL (i.e. the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 drafts).

my quick review shows the Cards have taken 1 player (Budda Baker, Washington) from the 16 teams playing in the playoffs over the last four years. Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson have won the Natl Champ over those years -- and not one player taken from those squads.

I dont know if i should be bothered by that or not.........

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isaiah Simmons S out of Clemson has a chance to develop into be a special player. There is a lot of ThomasDavis/KamChancellor in his game. He is what the Cardinals wanted Reddick to be.

Chopper..

Say we move to #4 so that Oakland can select Bosa and that Williams and Oliver are the next 2 picks - who do you choose?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper..

Say we move to #4 so that Oakland can select Bosa and that Williams and Oliver are the next 2 picks - who do you choose?
I think the Raiders will trade Carr and will be in the market for a QB, but in your scenario...

1-Oakland-Bosa
2-SF-Trade with the Giants-Dwayne Haskins-QB
3-NY Jets-Josh Allen-DE/OLB
4-AZ-Ed Oliver or Q Williams

While I think Ed, Bosa and Q are the three best players in this draft, I don't believe they will be taken in the top 3 picks. SF does not want to draft ANOTHER interior DL. NY Jets already have Leonard Williams and also need an EDGE player though I believe that will happen in FA. Raiders will need defensive players but might choose to take a QB and trade Carr's contract

The Super Troll Move would be to trade back with the Jets so they could take Bosa and stick SF with a reach/IDL/trade back scenario.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Raiders will trade Carr and will be in the market for a QB, but in your scenario...

1-Oakland-Bosa

While I think Ed, Bosa and Q are the three best players in this draft, I don't believe they will be taken in the top 3 picks. SF does not want to draft ANOTHER interior DL. NY Jets already have Leonard Williams and also need an EDGE player though I believe that will happen in FA. Raiders will need defensive players but might choose to take a QB and trade Carr's contract

The Super Troll Move would be to trade back with the Jets so they could take Bosa and stick SF with a reach/IDL/trade back scenario.

Difficult, the jets dont have a second round pick

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score

1-Oakland-Bosa

If the NYG really want a QB, they come to No 1, and i think the Cards extract more from a team wanting the one QB in this draft vs another position player.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
need the following to happen for the Cards:

1. Dwayne Haskins lights it up in his bowl game
2. He declares for the draft
3. Blows up the combine

scandalous_b

Veteran
Reaction score
Terrible idea to trade the #1 pick when you don't need a QB (and there isn't an "elite" QB prospect available), and there is one prospect viewed as head & shoulders above everybody else (Bosa).

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
To clear a few things said above....

Draft order:
1. Cards
2. SF
3. Jets
4. Raiders

If a trade from 1 to 4 and Bosa, Q Williams, Oliver are taken, I would go J Williams as he is the best OL in the draft which we desperately need.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If the NYG really want a QB, they come to No 1, and i think the Cards extract more from a team wanting the one QB in this draft vs another position player.
In the scenario proposed, Oak was trading to #1 to get Bosa. That is what I was working with.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To clear a few things said above....

Draft order:
1. Cards
2. SF
3. Jets
4. Raiders

If a trade from 1 to 4 and Bosa, Q Williams, Oliver are taken, I would go J Williams as he is the best OL in the draft which we desperately need.
There is no way that those three are gone in the top 3 if we trade back to 4. Bosa or a QB is going 1 if we do not pick #1.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
There is no way that those three are gone in the top 3 if we trade back to 4. Bosa or a QB is going 1 if we do not pick #1.

The only QB that could change the top of this draft would be if Kyler came out and entered the draft and if that was the case, I might think about taking him at #1 for the Cards. Haskins is the top rated QB thats said to be coming out. I don't think he changes anything in the the Top 5. He doesn't move the meter for any teams other than Giants and Jax at 6 and 7. With that being said, I don't think Jax will go QB. I think they land Foles, who would be a great fit for them.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
In the scenario proposed, Oak was trading to #1 to get Bosa. That is what I was working with.

ahh yes --

i think you are right about SF being in a tough spot

so many interior DL that they dont need

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Snell the Kentucky back is very impressive. I know we need to fill so many more important spots on this roster. Too bad. I like Devin Singletary the Fla. Atlantic back a lot too.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
Josh Allen OLB Kentucky

long, fast, athletic
they say 250 lbs, but looks like he is 220

this isnt a olb who is limited to rushing the passer -- drops , covers, plays the run --

a really nice player

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Allen OLB Kentucky

long, fast, athletic
they say 250 lbs, but looks like he is 220

this isnt a olb who is limited to rushing the passer -- drops , covers, plays the run --

a really nice player

Really reminds me of Anthony Barr tall super lanky but Barr was considered a project coming out and Allen has put up crazy production he's much more polished

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
Really reminds me of Anthony Barr tall super lanky but Barr was considered a project coming out and Allen has put up crazy production he's much more polished

Keim has been trying to replace DWash for years

Josh Allen looks similar build, but a bit taller