2019 NFL Draft Scouting Thread

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
At this point, its pretty much why i watch many college games on tv this time of year: try to see players i think could help the Cards at positions of need

figures to start a place where we could put our opinions on players in conf champ games, bowl season, etc

my first entry:

Marquis Brown, WR Oklahoma. The good: blazing fast, with good open field run skills. Good hands. The bad: undersized at 5-9 or so, 175 bs. The size thing probably makes him a 2nd round guy. Why i like him: i think one of the Cards O problems is that WR talent + O line problems mean defenses have little fear of going over the top. He would help.

Colin Johnson, WR Texas. The good: great size at 6-5, 220 with good enough speed. Good quicks, movement and run for a big guy. The bad: not as good at highpointing the ball for a big wr. Think poor mans NKeal Harry, or maybe a more athletic Michael Floyd. late 2 or 3rd round guy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
At this point, its pretty much why i watch many college games on tv this time of year: try to see players i think could help the Cards at positions of need

figures to start a place where we could put our opinions on players in conf champ games, bowl season, etc

my first entry:

Marquis Brown, WR Oklahoma. The good: blazing fast, with good open field run skills. Good hands. The bad: undersized at 5-9 or so, 175 bs. The size thing probably makes him a 2nd round guy. Why i like him: i think one of the Cards O problems is that WR talent + O line problems mean defenses have little fear of going over the top. He would help.

Colin Johnson, WR Texas. The good: great size at 6-5, 220 with good enough speed. Good quicks, movement and run for a big guy. The bad: not as good at highpointing the ball for a big wr. Think poor mans NKeal Harry, or maybe a more athletic Michael Floyd. late 2 or 3rd round guy.

Miles Boykin....WR....Notre Dame
6'4" 228

ctch yds avg long TD
54 803 14.9 40 8

true senior...mature, productive...has progressed all through college

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
JUWAN JOHNSON Penn State - Jr. - The good 6-4 / 225 runs good routes, very good at high pointing the ball. Good speed. Good yards after the catch receiver. Makes the acrobatic catch look easy. The bad sometimes drops the easy catches. Not sure if it's concentration thing or a real problem. Don't know if he will come out early.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Colin Johnson or Lil' Jordan Humphrey from Texas?

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man after the stuff this year with the crying on the sideline and such I’m not certain he’s got the right mental makeup we need.

Damn... forgot about that. Well he'd fit right in with recent emotionally soft high draft picks coming to Arizona

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going by McShay’s top ten I d be glad to trade down to about 5 or 6 and take the OT. Add a couple of guards in free agency and our o- line is automatically 80% better.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oliver wasn't crying on the sidelines he was mad and that's a good thing.

Applewhite was out of line imo. Power tripping

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going by McShay’s top ten I d be glad to trade down to about 5 or 6 and take the OT. Add a couple of guards in free agency and our o- line is automatically 80% better.
But don't trade down in one swoop. lnstead, trade down repeatedly, one step at a time. Accumulate picks.

Only exception to this strategy: If Superman was available at from, say, #1 - #3.