I don't get this rebuild.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hazen is not a dumb guy, that is probably the best deal we could get for Goldy, particularly being an free agent in 1 year, most teams wouldnt want to give up the entire farm for a possible 1 year rental.

The report of the Yankees offering Sheffield and Hazen rejecting it better be false...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The report of the Yankees offering Sheffield and Hazen rejecting it better be false...
in trade talks. Similarly, the Yankees were “pushing” left-handed pitching prospect Justus Sheffield in Goldschmidt discussions, Olney reports. Sheffield’s no longer in the picture for New York, though, as it traded him to Seattle this week in a deal for lefty James Paxton.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018...s-astros-pollock-brantley-cutch-mariners.html

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How many years is Sheffield under control?

Plus they really wanted a MLB ready young catcher, and they're really high on the infielder.

I'd rather have less years of control of a player actually worth controlling than infinite control over an infinite number of AAAA players.

As for the catcher, he has already proved to be a bust. We already have a half dozen catchers in the organization better than him. I didn't think it possible, but his MLB performance has been worse than Avila and Murphy here.

As for the infielder, what makes our scouts think so highly of a guy in his mid 20s who can barely crack the Top 30 in the Cardinals system?

Hot garbage. All of it.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather have less years of a control of a player actually worth controlling than infinite control over an infinite number of AAAA players.

As for the catcher, he has already proved to be a bust. We already have a half dozen catchers in the organization better than him. I didn't think it possible, but his MLB performance has been worse than Avila and Murphy here.

As for the infielder, what makes our scouts think so highly of a guy in his mid 20s who can barely crack the Top 30 in the Cardinals system?

Hot garbage. All of it.

Your abuse of sample size to pound a perspective is offensive.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Your abuse of sample size to pound a perspective is offensive.

He hasn't even shown flashes. He is 25 years old and several years in, and he is way overmatched at the MLB level. At this point, he is the textbook profile of a AAAA catcher a la Tuffy Gosewisch or (gulp) Chris Hermann.

I would rather have the Cardinals AA or AAA catching prospect.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was surprised that Kelly was actually a 3B who the Cards converted into a catcher.

Bob M

Reaction score
The Dbacks where in the playoffs last year, and had a good run this year. Why are they deciding on calling it quits the next few years and going rebuild? They could have maybe added a few more players and still be in contention next year.

I know they needed to upgrade their farm league, but why do it through trading great talent. Again, this rebuild this year doesn't make sense to me.

Well I'd hardly call 2018 a "good run". They were competitive until September 1st then it all came crashing down. Greinke was above average but still a contract albatross around their necks, Goldy was good as was Corbin. So now that leaves us Greinke now that the other two are gone. Subtract Pollock who was OK but always seems hurt, ditto for Jake Lamb. No offense to speak of from their catchers. Peralta was their best hitter and we still retain him. They finally give up on that huge mistake called Shelby Miller. They need too many things to be even close in 2019. Hopefully the players we got for Goldy will be productive??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave