I have a weird gut feeling we win this week

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Seriously, I don't know what's saying it. I've watched a ton of Chiefs games from start to finish this year, and all things say they should crush us. Just a weird feeling.

...Or maybe the gut feeling is just us covering the spread. Either way, calling my shot.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That feeling will quickly dissipate when we go down by 17 in the first quarter.

It’s possible we cover a comically high spread, but I’m interested in hearing what you think our path to victory is. Josh Rosen is statistically the worst starting quarterback that hasn’t played for the Browns.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ain’t happening fellas. We can hope but reality is gonna kick in real fast.

When you think about how our defense has been lit up by 3rd string RBs, running and receiving, it seems like Kareem Hunt could get 300+ total yards against.

To even keep it close, we will have to be +3 or 4 in turnovers.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

It’s possible we cover a comically high spread, but I’m interested in hearing what you think our path to victory is. Josh Rosen is statistically the worst starting quarterback that hasn’t played for the Browns.

I'm not going to go overboard in defending this, it's just a silly gut feeling. But Rosen has thrown some impressive passes (the WRs and offense have been the problem), and things with Leftwich could increasingly improve over a bye week.

If the Chiefs are going to overlook anyone this season, it's us.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Seriously, I don't know what's saying it. I've watched a ton of Chiefs games from start to finish this year, and all things say they should crush us. Just a weird feeling.

...Or maybe the gut feeling is just us covering the spread. Either way, calling my shot.

We win the coin toss... right :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well other then more playing time to have a bigger sample size Sam Darnolds stats aren’t any “better” in fact he seems to be about identical.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Whatever it was, he smoked it. :D
And snorted it as well :mrgreen:

Imo we’re about to hit a stretch where we start getting smoked & dominated again & the fire Wilks chants start again. 5 of the last 8 are on the road & against upper tier QBs as well. Ugh

We’ve NEVER won a regular season game in KC & I don’t see it happening now unless Mahommes gets hurt & that’s a stretch imo.

I’m never for losing games, but I just don’t think Wilks is a good HC, particularly for Rosen going forward.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Do you realize that the Cardinals have to travel to Kansas City to play the best team in the NFL at Arrowhead Stadium? The Chiefs destroy teams at Arrowhead (except in the playoffs). I am from the area and considered visiting family and going to the game (and eating Gate’s barbecue). This is a terrible matchup. 16.5 point spread is accurate

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you realize that the Cardinals have to travel to Kansas City to play the best team in the NFL at Arrowhead Stadium? The Chiefs destroy teams at Arrowhead (except in the playoffs). I am from the area and considered visiting family and going to the game (and eating Gate’s barbecue). This is a terrible matchup. 16.5 point spread is accurate

4th best team in NFL

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mahomes will have to suffer an injury early in the 1st QTR which he doesn't return to the game from for this to be even a remote possibility.

But even then, the chances aren't good.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Hill is going to score at least 2 TDs and will torch PP once or twice. Kelce will have close to 100 yds and a TD. Hunt will easily go over a 100 yds. and should have a TD or two. For the Cards, I can see DJ having a 100 yd. plus game running and receiving and probably a TD. Fitz will be in the 80-100 territory and maybe a TD. 45-17 final score.

Reaction score

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
David Johnson is statistically one of the worst running backs too. Do you believe it?
Only way we win is if the Chiefs completely let down against an easy opponent. Wouldn't be surprising (it doesn't only happen to us).
We're starting to play a lot better, and the Chiefs defense is poor. Doubt we can win a shoot out though, we need our D to play its game of the year.

Run defense is the key to keeping it remotely close.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only way we would even stand a chance to beat the spread would be if mike b flew his plane into the stadium and killed everyone involved before kickoff.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been very critical of Wilks, and deservedly so. If we are even competitive, I would have to scale back my criticism. On the other hand, if we get destroyed & embarrassed coming off the bye, then it'll be further proof that Wilks needs to go at years end. As always, I just pray that Rosen has a couple of nice throws & doesn't get hurt.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not going to go overboard in defending this, it's just a silly gut feeling. But Rosen has thrown some impressive passes (the WRs and offense have been the problem), and things with Leftwich could increasingly improve over a bye week.

If the Chiefs are going to overlook anyone this season, it's us.

Yeah. I think the board is so in love with some good passes that they miss that he hasn’t been good enough to win against anyone but the 49ers when they turn the ball over like Nathan Peterman or by ekeing our a win at home. That’s not good enough to beat the probable MVP. Mahomes already has more TDS than Sam Bradford has in his “good” season.

Also, Leftwich didn’t show much scoring 3 points in 3 quarters against a banged up 49ers defense, and we lost another offensive lineman. Andy Reid is one of the 15 best coaches of all time. I mean, good luck.

David Johnson is statistically one of the worst running backs too. Do you believe it?
Only way we win is if the Chiefs completely let down against an easy opponent. Wouldn't be surprising (it doesn't only happen to us).
We're starting to play a lot better, and the Chiefs defense is poor. Doubt we can win a shoot out though, we need our D to play its game of the year.

Run defense is the key to keeping it remotely close.

Do I believe David Johnson is one of the leagues worst running backs? I don’t know. He’s playing like one of the worst starters in the league. I don’t know why I’d want to build my offense around him right now.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. I think the board is so in love with some good passes that they miss that he hasn’t been good enough to win against anyone but the 49ers when they turn the ball over like Nathan Peterman or by ekeing our a win at home. That’s not good enough to beat the probable MVP. Mahomes already has more TDS than Sam Bradford has in his “good” season.

Also, Leftwich didn’t show much scoring 3 points in 3 quarters against a banged up 49ers defense, and we lost another offensive lineman. Andy Reid is one of the 15 best coaches of all time. I mean, good luck.

Do I believe David Johnson is one of the leagues worst running backs? I don’t know. He’s playing like one of the worst starters in the league. I don’t know why I’d want to build my offense around him right now.

I agree that for the 1st 3 quarters, Leftwich brought absolutely nothing to be excited about. The offense did play significantly better in the 4th quarter, but we'll find out at least a little this week if that was just a fluke. KC should score 40+. It'll be progress if we get to 20.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
I’m afraid it will turn to nausea mid way through second quarter