Spurs @ Suns 10-31-18

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's averaging 17/10/4

Anthony Davis averaged 13/8 his rookie year.

Do even have any idea what you watching? Ayton is the guy your choosing to complain about?

You know a good big man needs? Guards who can get him the ball in scoring position. If your not a fan of the pick I get it. But don't try and make something out of nothing.
I understand the shortcomings of this team. They are clear to see. And I understand that Ayton needs good guard okay to maximize his ability. What I’m saying is, when he does get the ball in good position he needs to take advantage of it and he’s not. And that frustrates me because we’ve never had a guy that’s capable of what he’s capable of, but not doing.

As for the claim that someone just made that “he’s raw” that is certainly NOT the case offensively. Defensively sure. But he was incredibly skilled in college and it’s translates over in the pros. Is he inexperienced? Yes. But not raw. What I’m seeing is passivity. Disagree with me fine. But that’s what I’m seeing.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At this rate, I don't see how Kokoskov lasts the season, let alone into next season. My guess is that Sarver makes him the scapegoat when the team is something like 4-21 25 games into the season.

In terms of the so-called veterans, can we just put Ariza, Anderson and Chandler on waivers and be done with it?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I understand the shortcomings of this team. They are clear to see. And I understand that Ayton needs good guard okay to maximize his ability. What I’m saying is, when he does get the ball in good position he needs to take advantage of it and he’s not. And that frustrates me because we’ve never had a guy that’s capable of what he’s capable of, but not doing.

As for the claim that someone just made that “he’s raw” that is certainly NOT the case offensively. Defensively sure. But he was incredibly skilled in college and it’s translates over in the pros. Is he inexperienced? Yes. But not raw. What I’m seeing is passivity. Disagree with me fine. But that’s what I’m seeing.

Nobody disagrees with you. Hell if you look at pre-draft posts, and even preseason posts, you will see me expressing concern over his lack of aggressiveness. It's just too early to give him crap over some of these things. Let's give him a little bit of time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the Suns offense. It should come around. However, the Suns defense is some of the worst I have ever seen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okobo gets the steal for the layup for the Suns first points of the 2nd half.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nobody disagrees with you. Hell if you look at pre-draft posts, and even preseason posts, you will see me expressing concern over his lack of aggressiveness. It's just too early to give him crap over some of these things. Let's give him a little bit of time.
Ah I’m just impatient.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I didn't witness the '69 Suns, but this is the worst Suns team I have seen in my lifetime.
That mid eighties teams during the drug scandal was basically unwatchable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least take away the baseline.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Hey, that's part of being raw. Not knowing how to get post position, set yourself up for the lob, how to back down guys, etc. When he learns those things, watch out! Right now he has only about three offensive moves. He is raw. Not trying to argue. I just don't think he has pro skills on offense yet. He is doing all this from his raw talent! When he is coached up, watch out!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Seriously, Derozen, Gay, Aldredge, etc. as starters, then guys like Gasol coming off the bench. We cannot match their talent. No way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hey, that's part of being raw. Not knowing how to get post position, set yourself up for the lob, how to back down guys, etc. When he learns those things, watch out! Right now he has only about three offensive moves. He is raw. Not trying to argue. I just don't think he has pro skills on offense yet. He is doing all this from his raw talent! When he is coached up, watch out!
Yeah I’m not buying that. He’s got a nice jump hook. He’s got a nice jumper. He has touch on layups around the bucket. He just doesn’t use his body with authority. That isn’t an acquired skill. That’s two things: (1) having the physical ability (he has that in abundance) and (2) having the mindset (don’t see it).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sigh. I hope it improves with booker back but I’m losing hope. And by “better” I just mean keeping deficits around 10pts/game not actually winning. Just glimpses into competitive play. Glimpses!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BC867

Worse team: 69’ Suns or 18’ Suns?

BC didn't become a Suns far until mid/late 70's. Last year's team, and now this team, is worse IMO but I was 15 years old and just thrilled to have a local team so my outlook was different then. We only won 16 games that first season but as I recall, we were competitive in a lot of the games we lost. We also got blown out a few times (I remember a Boston game that was particularly embarrassing) but we had a lot more 10 point losses than the 20 point losses we've seen the past year plus.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Melton is playing with a lot of effort. It's good to see.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton overthrows a receiver.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crawford gives Ayton a easy pass for a layup.