2018-19 Season | Point Guard Discussion

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
exactly. if he hadn't been doing significantly more "jumping and running stuff" than the average Sun or NBA player there's a good chance he wouldn't have pulled his hamstring at all last night

Mainstreet, you opting in on the "middle-school" giggles with the other bully boys?

I'm only having fun. It's good not to take this stuff too serious. It looks to be a long season.

If you ask me do the Suns need a veteran point guard the answer is absolutely.

However, I'm not going to connect Booker's injury to not having a point guard just yet. It's too early in the season.

You should have been around when I complained about the Suns running Steve Nash into the ground by not having an adequate backup point guard. It tortured me to see Nash play too many minutes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure are fascinated with Amin.

I think they're aimed mostly at me, hopefully in jest. But somehow he's convinced himself that I (or some of us) suggested there was a conspiracy and that Amin Elhassan was behind it. I don't think that happened here so I've tried to avoid taking the bait. I can't imagine it would lead to a positive discussion.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm only having fun. It's good not to take this stuff too serious. It looks to be a long season.

If you ask me do the Suns need a veteran point guard the answer is absolutely.

However, I'm not going to connect Booker's injury to not having a point guard just yet. It's too early in the season.

You should have been around when I complained about the Suns running Steve Nash into the ground by not having an adequate backup point guard. It tortured me to see Nash play too many minutes.

We brought in a lot of backup point guards but none of them could come anywhere close to duplicating Steve's impact in Dantoni's offense. I really thought Brevin Knight would fill that role well but he never got much of a chance. But honestly, I was more bothered by the minutes we gave Bledsoe. He was clearly not the same player when he put in 30 minutes or more whereas Steve was at least effective in his minutes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You sure are fascinated with Amin.
It's a joke. Are you joking back? We had a whole debate about Amin, and Sarver, for multiple pages. I think he was making a tongue and cheek joke about that whole debate and also how we blame everything on Sarver.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We brought in a lot of backup point guards but none of them could come anywhere close to duplicating Steve's impact in Dantoni's offense. I really thought Brevin Knight would fill that role well but he never got much of a chance. But honestly, I was more bothered by the minutes we gave Bledsoe. He was clearly not the same player when he put in 30 minutes or more whereas Steve was at least effective in his minutes.

The Suns indeed went through a lot of point guards trying to provide an adequate backup point for Nash including Dragic and Brooks. Really all the Suns needed was a point guard that could pass and shoot a little but it never seemed to happen.

I agree about Bledsoe but not to the same extent. I guess my concern was more Bledsoe getting injured.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think they're aimed mostly at me, hopefully in jest. But somehow he's convinced himself that I (or some of us) suggested there was a conspiracy and that Amin Elhassan was behind it. I don't think that happened here so I've tried to avoid taking the bait. I can't imagine it would lead to a positive discussion.
It stems from the comments made here that everyone at espn had their opinion of the suns poisoned by Amin. And that nothing that comes out of espn regarding the suns that is negative can be true or trusted, no matter the typical reliability of the source.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's a joke. Are you joking back? We had a whole debate about Amin, and Sarver, for multiple pages. I think he was making a tongue and cheek joke about that whole debate and also how we blame everything on Sarver.
It is a joke.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It stems from the comments made here that everyone at espn had their opinion of the suns poisoned by Amin. And that nothing that comes out of espn regarding the suns that is negative can be true or trusted, no matter the typical reliability of the source.

I won't speak for others but for me, I don't take anything they say at face value about the Suns or Sarver. But that's only a minimally harsher view than how I take anything said or written by any sports source that isn't local, Amin connected or not.

Amin has an axe to grind but that doesn't mean he's wrong. He tells stories regularly about Sarver that are very alarming. I'd give him a little more credibility (given that it's Sarver we're talking about) if he didn't simultaneously make himself out to be part of the ruling elite during his time with the Suns. Maybe he was but I never heard his name mentioned until I started reading on RGM and FB about his Sarver attacks.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I won't speak for others but for me, I don't take anything they say at face value about the Suns or Sarver. But that's only a minimally harsher view than how I take anything said or written by any sports source that isn't local, Amin connected or not.

Amin has an axe to grind but that doesn't mean he's wrong. He tells stories regularly about Sarver that are very alarming. I'd give him a little more credibility (given that it's Sarver we're talking about) if he didn't simultaneously make himself out to be part of the ruling elite during his time with the Suns. Maybe he was but I never heard his name mentioned until I started reading on RGM and FB about his Sarver attacks.
Maybe I am the only one that takes this view because I grew up a Yankee fan due to my mother. So I lived through Steinbrenner. Look bottom line is an owner buys a team. Try wishing for a new arm than expecting an owner not to meddle. It's his team. He's going to meddle!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe I am the only one that takes this view because I grew up a Yankee fan due to my mother. So I lived through Steinbrenner. Look bottom line is an owner buys a team. Try wishing for a new arm than expecting an owner not to meddle. It's his team. He's going to meddle!
I agree. You just hope for the best meddling possible or for others in the FO that are capable of overcoming or controlling the meddling.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The most disappointing thing about the Suns' performance the last 3 games is how it's turned this board in on itself. Not calling anyone out in particular but it's escalated from snippy to downright hostile in the last week or so. We're better than this, aren't we? What happened to reasonable takes and civil discourse?

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seriously, there are more posts about posters than players right now. We need a point guard to stop this madness!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Guys this is nothing. It was more hostile back in the day. But most of the hardcore fans turn the page the next day and most have remained.

Used to be you’d never see a post where chap agreed with me or cheese and vice versa. We’ve actually mellowed with age.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys this is nothing. It was more hostile back in the day. But most of the hardcore fans turn the page the next day and most have remained.

Used to be you’d never see a post where chap agreed with me or cheese and vice versa. We’ve actually mellowed with age.

Yeah, I was surprised that anyone found it to be a hostile situation. We've all seen much bigger meltdowns here. I was actually surprised that despite the disappointing start, there's still a shiny thread of hope running though most posts.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson