2018-19 Season | Point Guard Discussion

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
how many months do i have to be here to succinctly respond to a "grown-up" who said my point was "stupid" and wants to bet me $500 and tell me what bank to send it to? because, "dude", if that mattered, between this and another sun's board, i've also put in 20 years and thousands of posts (and i was the admin of a political forum for over 15 years).

he said, "i'll bite", i said "bite me." so what? by your rules, i was qualified to respond to his needlessly aggressive, immature post. and now yours

i wonder if others agree there is hierarchy here and you and your friend are atop the pecking order?
Lol YOU called out ME! You tried to put words in my mouth. You were so confident that you said “I bet.” You haven’t been here long enough to know me or my positions to be able to so confidently and aggressively put words in my mouth. If my response, turning your own words against you, hurt your feelings go back to moderating that politics board. I’m sure it’s a palace of good honest open discourse.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
how many months do i have to be here to succinctly respond to a "grown-up" who said my point was "stupid" and wants to bet me $500 and tell me what bank to send it to? because, "dude", if that mattered, between this and another sun's board, i've also put in 20 years and thousands of posts (and i was the admin of a political forum for over 15 years).

he said, "i'll bite", i said "bite me." so what? by your rules, i was qualified to respond to his needlessly aggressive, immature post. and now yours

i wonder if others agree there is hierarchy here and you and your friend are atop the pecking order?
His
thank you, PH, for respectfully disagreeing. if there is a leader here, i believe most would say it is you by virtue of how reasonable you are, rather than how long you've been here.
this board has a flat structure. There is no need for a leader. Why are you hellbent in creating a hierarchy where none exists or is needed?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
as for "losing the argument badly"???
there may be 1 in a thousand NBA players
durable enough to handle pg duties and be a top scorer in the league
but health records indicate his name is Harden, not Booker
Steph, kemba, cp, Westbrook, kyrie all say hold our beers

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

There is no hierarchy and there is no pecking order. There is, however, this thing called respect, which you, apparently, do not understand.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of Suns fans here call TJ fragile but no one has come out and said the same about Booker but I'm starting to think it's time to worry about that some now. He needs to be able to play 70+ games a season, preferably closer to 80, if this is really his team and he's ready to lead. It's tough leading in a suit on the sidelines.

Actually, I doubt that I was the first but I snuck it into a post a few months ago. I'm a huge Booker fan, I think he can become an all time great. But I worry that he's already had a bunch of minor injuries and worst of all, he tries to play through them which appears to cause them to linger. And he's noticeably less effective when he's less that 100%. His style of play shouldn't lead to this many frequent injuries so I can't help but wonder about his nutrition. He's still 21, I hope he's not eating like the average 21 year old. And if he is, I hope he'll adopt more of a late career Steve Nash diet next Tuesday when he becomes an old man of 22.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
don't be such babies
if this was the laker/rockets game, Ouchee would be the spitter, i'd be the finger, and SirS would be the guy running in to throw a punch

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
apparently, Harden is working too hard too
both Harden and Booker's hamstrings were strained last night

HARDEN & BOOKER ARE IN THE TOP 6 OF PLAYERS WITH MOST TOUCHES
https://stats.nba.com/players/touches/?sort=TOUCHES&dir=1

players with the ball are under MUCH more physical pressure than players moving without the ball

now, both of you go get your shoe-shine boxes

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Others who are suffering from hamstring injuries so far this year:
Aron Baynes
Justise Winslow
Wilson Chandler
Raul Neto
Treveon Graham
James Ennis III
Kosta Koufos
Harrison Barnes
Devin Harris

All of those damn heavy-usage shooting guards who overextend themselves playing heavy point guard minutes.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Payton is better without the hair. Shocking. Even with the new haircut, he will always still be the player that was stupid enough not to get it cut—even in a contract year. Probably cost him $10 million.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a huge Bridges fan. Stuff he is good at is the stuff you can't teach. He is just a calm, collected, smart player. His defense and shooting are very good, and he actually surprised me with his ability to drive and pass. That said, I'd like to see about 20 games with Bridges getting 20+ minutes per game before I'd choose between him and Jackson.

Granted, Jackson is good at stuff you can't teach either- aggression and athleticism. Bridges isn't gonna get more athletic while Jackson may get smarter and calm down a bit.

Hopefully we will see more of Bridges and Okobo with Booker out.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Others who are suffering from hamstring injuries so far this year:
Aron Baynes
Justise Winslow
Wilson Chandler
Raul Neto
Treveon Graham
James Ennis III
Kosta Koufos
Harrison Barnes
Devin Harris

because other players also injure their hammy doesn't negate the logical correlation between Harden & Booker's league leading ball-handling and their injury

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teo. I am not in the frame of mind to add another disengaged vet on this team.

We need a Kevin Garnett/Jimmy Butler type of player who will kick butt for lack of effort especially defense—even if it’s Booker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teo. I am not in the frame of mind to add another disengaged vet on this team.

We need a Kevin Garnett/Jimmy Butler type of player who will kick butt for lack of effort especially defense—even if it’s Booker.

The Suns could use some aggressiveness. I'm not sure what happened to Kenneth Faried but he was once this type of player.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
because other players also injure their hammy doesn't negate the logical correlation between Harden & Booker's league leading ball-handling and their injury

There is no logical correlation between ball-handling duties and hamstring injuries. That is a causal fallacy- textbook example of cum hoc ergo propter hoc. Out of 11 hamstring injuries, you are focusing on two and ignoring nine. Only two out of 11 players injured are heavy-usage players.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
another correlation: players who spend the most time on the bench experience less hamstring problems

more physical exertion = higher risk of injury

the issue is excessive physical exertion, not whether Booker plays pg or not.
his frequent injuries indicate he is probably over extending himself by taking on lead scoring and lead ball-handling, -- facing excessive defensive pressure, constantly trying to break double-teams

a capable pg would lighten his load
let it go

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
don't be such babies
if this was the laker/rockets game, Ouchee would be the spitter, i'd be the finger, and SirS would be the guy running in to throw a punch
You tried to tell me what I said. You even said you bet you could find it. You’re wrong. You’re the spitter, fingered and jerk all rolled into one. Congrats. In all my years here, you’ve become only the second person I’ve ever ignored. Bye.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patrick Beverly is a player of that type as well.

If the Suns could only figure out a way to get both. They are expiring contracts.

Maybe the Suns are waiting for Beverley to be waived as the Clippers are unlikely to pay his entire salary for the season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted but Booker is listed as day-to-day.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And doing all this jumping and running stuff.

exactly. if he hadn't been doing significantly more "jumping and running stuff" than the average Sun or NBA player there's a good chance he wouldn't have pulled his hamstring at all last night

Mainstreet, you opting in on the "middle-school" giggles with the other bully boys?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
exactly. if he hadn't been doing significantly more "jumping and running stuff" than the average Sun or NBA player there's a good chance he wouldn't have pulled his hamstring at all last night

Mainstreet, you opting in on the "middle-school" giggles with the other bully boys?

I started it, Mainstreet was just having some fun (with me). And it's more a case of poking fun at the board drama than it is bullying a poster. IMO

I haven't come down on this subject much but I think it's absurd to blame his time as PG for his injury. He doesn't play the point all that much, he's mostly just a scoring guard. I don't see the extra PG wear and tear? What I do see is a player that draws an inordinate amount of attention from defenses because we are so inept at other positions but that has nothing to do with Booker's job description. We need to put more talent around him, in today's game you can't have multiple non-threats on the court at the same time.