Wilks love fest with Edmonds?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
3rd and 2 and you run Edmonds... really that play lost us this game.

I don't get why Wilks has Edmonds start every half for the first full drive. I get he drafted the kid but really we have David Johnson!!

You don't need a change of pace when you are not running the ball.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It was such a horrible idea that fans are racing each other to post about this.

Horrible.

The audible out of that play must have been a curl route to Chad Williams, since that is the only reason I can fathom running that play.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we suck in run blocking, didnt change much either with dj
look at dj pedestrian stats this season
berely get 3 yards for run
they should call a paas on third down or qb sneak

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It was such a horrible idea that fans are racing each other to post about this.

Horrible.

The audible out of that play must have been a curl route to Chad Williams, since that is the only reason I can fathom running that play.

Consolidate the Edmonds threads. There will be many

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Inexcusable play call. You have DAVID FREAKING JOHNSON and you trot out Edmonds on a 3rd and 2 where you still have a chance to win the game? NO EXCUSE.

I have zero confidence in this coaching staff. NONE!

I still can't believe he ran it there and did not give the ball to David Freaking Johnson... I'm afraid I'm right there with you.

There were a couple of just total head scratcher coaching decisions in this game that have shaken my faith/optimism that this regime will be here long.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Imagine how confident Rosen would be if we had picked up a couple first downs and won

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine how confident Rosen would be if we had picked up a couple first downs and won

One thing with Josh he does NOT lack confidence. I'm sure even with the pick and the called back picksix that is still the case.

if he doesn't start next week I'm furious. He didn't play out of this world great but he looked far more comfortable in the pocket than Sam does and I got the impression the team seemed energized with him in there.

I don't want to see Bradford start again this year.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
IMO it didn’t matter if DJ or even Jim Brown was in the backfield on that play. It was a terrible call. Slow developing run on 3rd and 2

That's not the point. You give the ball to your best player in that situation. You dont give it to the scrub rookie who sidesteps on every run rather than going downhill.

Wilks appears to be exactly like BA where he has his favorites and he will play them over others no matter how much it hurts the team.

DJ was pissed and I dont blame him. This is a joke.

If one of our local reporters doesn't ask Wilks why DJ wasn't in the game at the end they have zero balls.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's not the point. You give the ball to your best player in that situation. You dont give it to the scrub rookie who sidesteps on every run rather than going downhill.

Wilks appears to be exactly like BA where he has his favorites and he will play them over others no matter how much it hurts the team.

If one of our local reporters doesn't ask Wilks why DJ wasn't in the game at the end they have zero balls.

I agree DJ NEEDS to be in the game on that play. I’m just saying edmunds was set up for failure on that play from the beginning

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
another idiotic coaching move was calling timeout with 30 seconds left in the first half and punting instead of running the clock down to 4 and trying the 57 yd field goal.

Dawson could have made that and that would have won the game.

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Well we can see why Larry put his house up for sell. They maybe blowing this team up soon.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how Mike B feels after giving his best player that huge extension only so his new head coach can make him sit on the bench....

He took a long time before deciding to hire Wilks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
besides that being one of the single dumbest plays I've have ever seen, can anyone tell me why the frack we took a timeout with 39 seconds on fourth down in the first half giving the bears time to try and score if they wanted?

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score

These two should never be compared. Johnson put up 2000 and 20 in his last full year with Arians.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
another idiotic coaching move was calling timeout with 30 seconds left in the first half and punting instead of running the clock down to 4 and trying the 57 yd field goal.

Dawson could have made that and that would have won the game.
Even more indefensible then the edmunds play because there was no logic. They gave away a scoring opportunity and gave the bears the ball back for no reason. Even the Edmunds run as bad as it was and it was horrible could have technically worked.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson