1st overall pick, who do we take?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just kidding.

Well, no. I'm not. Ugh. That was One Heartbeat. Gross. Barf.

Is it Rosentime yet?

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who do we take???

A freaking monster of a linebacker that can crack skulls at the line of scrimmage preventing a 3rd and short becoming a 1st down.

Wait....
there is no one. There is no type of player anymore. Well wait. Maybe there is one we can grab from Stanford or maybe Cal-Berkely maybe. Let's ask the NFL.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Dwayne Haskins. He throws the best ball I have seen in a LONG time. Big, quick release, and an absolute hose for an arm. Oh yeah, extremely accurate too.

How OSU could start JT Barret over this guy is amazing. Watch him Saturday night vs. TCU.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now I'd lean to Ed Oliver if we actually get that pick but it's way too early you have to hope some LB prospects emerge as well since that's probably our biggest need, along with WR.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dwayne Haskins. He throws the best ball I have seen in a LONG time. Big, quick release, and an absolute hose for an arm. Oh yeah, extremely accurate too.

How OSU could start JT Barret over this guy is amazing. Watch him Saturday night vs. TCU.
Do you like mean....for another team?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Oliver....right now it looks like dline will help us more than lb as crazy as that sounds.
Then lb with the first pick in the second....either wr or ot in the third

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You have to start with the front seven, unless a premiere CB is there.

Cards should have been putting a premium on drafting front seven even when they were winning and the D was an elite unit as a whole. Keim didn't go there enough IMO.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cards should have been putting a premium on drafting front seven even when they were winning and the D was an elite unit as a whole. Keim didn't go there enough IMO.

3 of the last 4 first round picks have been front 7 defensive platers

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
3 of the last 4 first round picks have been front 7 defensive platers
I'm talking about as far back as the 2013 season, and the early rounds, 1-3

Not nearly enough high impact players at DE or LB. It wasn't a big deal when your DLine was elite at the time...

The 2017 draft was a real head scratcher for me, taking only one front seven guy. Especially following Arians' departure.

My point is even when you're currently having success with your front seven personnel you should always be drafting as though you aren't good enough and need more talent there...always. It's too important.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Three of his first round selections went to the front seven (nkemdiche, buc, and Reddick). They just either suck or haven’t shown much.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Not nearly enough high impact players at DE or LB. It wasn't a big deal when your DLine was elite at the time...

The 2017 draft was a real head scratcher for me, taking only one front seven guy. Especially following Arians' departure.

My point is even when you're currently having success with your front seven personnel you should always be drafting as though you aren't good enough and need more talent there...always. It's too important.
I don’t disagree with you there. Or at least keep acquiring front seven help, doesn’t have to be via the draft. Look at the Seahawks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You have to remember your building a TEAM, it's not that easy to try and balance it out and if your strong up front on defense and your offensive line is trash then you should probably draft an O-lineman not spend a high pick on a guy that's going to be a backup and depth pick.

2017 so that was LB, WR, multiple OL men. All positions of need. This team isn't good enough to start spending picks at depth we have to many holes to fill

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade the pick for a bunch of mediocre later rounders.

I'm especially fond of meh receivers who run in the low 4.6's.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave