xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

its not a perfect comp, but its a comp for DJ

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As in he hasn’t proven enough?

Correct, IMHO.

Gurley has more rushing yards in his three seasons than DJ has total yards. Yes, DJ was injured, but in reality Gurley has had 3 outstanding seasons, DJ just one

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Check their ages as well. The dreaded age 30 is much more relevant to DJ/Cardinals on this next deal.

Edit: Love DJ but your previous year also has a lot to do with how much you get paid.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
how pissed is Aaron Donald at this point and what is the Rams hold up getting him signed over these other guys?

Offensive head coach, and the team is in LA. They have to be entertaining, and most casual football fans enjoy offense a hell of a lot more than defense.

But, that is just my opinion on what the Rams are thinking, I certainly do not agree with it, since Aaron Donald is one of the best players in football right now. He is just unbelievably gifted, and a student of the game as well.

He deserves to be paid over guys like flippin' Brandon Cooks.

But, whatever, maybe Donald is a free agent next year, and with the Cardinasl Cap room situation, we can sign him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Rams still have around 60 mil in cap space for the 2019 season. I’m guessing Donald will get a big deal frontloaded for that first year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Spinal cord injuries tend to do that.
:shrug:

Chester Taylor had fewer than 400 carries with Baltimore before signing with the Vikings. After just 3 years and 561 carries, his YPC dropped by almost a full yard.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chester Taylor had fewer than 400 carries with Baltimore before signing with the Vikings. After just 3 years and 561 carries, his YPC dropped by almost a full yard.

Thomas Jones had fewer than 400 carries with Arizona before signing with Tampa and then Chicago. After just 3 years and 691 carries with Tampa and Chicago, his YPC increased by almost a full yard.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
RB’s have been productive at 30 or older; Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, Curtis Martin, Tony Dorsett, Tiki Barber, Ricky Watters, Warrick Dunn. So I don’t believe it’s a sure thing he falls of a cliff considering the lack of tread on his body and lack of significant lower body injuries. DJ turns 30 in December of the 2021-22 season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Thomas Jones had fewer than 400 carries with Arizona before signing with Tampa and the Chicago. After just 3 years and 691 carries with Tampa and Chicago, his YPC increased by almost a full yard.

Okay, but this is a conversation about whether a lighter workload extends the productive part of a back's career meaningfully. Thomas Jones averaged 3.8 YPC after his 30th birthday season, but really fell off a cliff at 31.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, but this is a conversation about whether a lighter workload extends the productive part of a back's career meaningfully. Thomas Jones averaged 3.8 YPC after his 30th birthday season, but really fell off a cliff at 31.

I agree, age is also a major factor for RBs. I just like to mess with you some times.

;)

Still if the Cardinals sign DJ to a 4 year extension and he falls off the cliff in the final year, it won't matter much. They can cut him with little dead cap space.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
RB’s have been productive at 30 or older; Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, Curtis Martin, Tony Dorsett, Tiki Barber, Ricky Watters, Warrick Dunn. So I don’t believe it’s a sure thing he falls of a cliff considering the lack of tread on his body and lack of significant lower body injuries. DJ turns 30 in December of the 2021-22 season.

Warrick Dunn was only okay to begin with. He averaged 3.8 YPC after his 30th birthday season.
Barry Sanders retired after turning 30.
Adrian Peterson averaged 3.1 YPC after his age 30 season.
Walter Payton and Doresett retired 30 years ago.

Tiki Barber is a good example. He was good for 1 season after his 30th birthday, and then retired. So did Curtis Martin.

So, Tiki Barber and Thomas Jones are clearly the outliers in this conversation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Thomas Jones had fewer than 400 carries with Arizona before signing with Tampa and then Chicago. After just 3 years and 691 carries with Tampa and Chicago, his YPC increased by almost a full yard.
How old was he and for how long did he maintain that heightened level of play?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

He also broke his hand answering a phone, so there's that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort