Chriss???

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are the one who consistently is trolling arguments. The next time you bring up some factual arguments to a discussion will be the first time.
Man. I miss you when you are gone, because you have some interesting opinions to bring to the board, but you just cannot seem to keep it from getting personal.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bender is a BAD defender!!!!

There is almost nothing to suggest that he is playing defense. His matchups had shot better against him than their average and he has across the board lousy defensive statistics.

And how do you quantify heart? So far Bender is soft as a pillow on defense.

The most symbolic play of the season was Booker slapping away Benders hand who tried to help the opponent who bullied him up after Bender fouled and gave up the basket or freethrows at least, not sure anymore.

I think we can find a lot of 20 year old 7 footers who were not bottom 10 players in the league.
Josh Jackson ranked 449th in DRPM in the league last season. Do you actually believe he’s only the 449th best defender in the league?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chriss is slightly better than Bender. I honestly don't think either player is good but if I had to pick one it would not be Bender but that's not because Chriss is much better.

However, Bender is worse at rebounding (especially defensive), worse at blocks, worse at opposing defensive scoring on his match ups and is not really an offensive force. The main thing he was supposed to bring to the court is spreading the floor. However, his vision so far has been limited, is not a great passer and isn't filling it up. The one main advantage has not materialized.

Honestly, the team could probably miss both players and not miss both players. The only reason either was drafted was based on potential. Both are still young so it comes down to who has the most potential. However, that potential is questionable at best.

If I absolutely had to pick one to keep it would be Chriss.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Josh Jackson ranked 449th in DRPM in the league last season. Do you actually believe he’s only the 449th best defender in the league?

Josh Jackson was terrible defensively last year as a rookie and DRPM is not accurate but I don't base my argument of Bender being a bad defender on DRPM.

Bender is across the board bad defensively whether it is by the eye test, rebounding numbers, defensive rating, dbpm, his opponent FG% etc

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had a coach last year who has consistently had notoriously bad defenses, no matter how much he talked about it. Defensive metrics are so unreliable. Bender passes the eye test on defense.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Still haven’t learned after all these years. What a shame.

The shame is that you think it is etiquette to come into a discussion without any argument and troll a poster with an empty setence like "you don't watch games".

If you have nothing to say just shut up. I have never even once seen you backup any of your claims.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Man. I miss you when you are gone, because you have some interesting opinions to bring to the board, but you just cannot seem to keep it from getting personal.

Am I making it personal or the guy who derails the discussion with brilliance like

Proof again that you don't really watch the games.

Ha! The argument is that you don't reasonably back up your claims because a) you don't watch games and b) have something personal against the guy. Many of us think you are dead wrong for those two reasons.

If Chaplin has nothing to say he just need so ****.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Probably more like 95%. :)

Right Ouchie and Cheese?
Haha. I have no problem with you posting. It gives me stuff to refute!

I keed, I keed. I don’t find myself at odds with you nearly as frequently as we did years ago.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
When you guys get into it I just scroll. And the weird Bender complex is fascinating.

:help:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who’s better Alondo Tucker or DJ strawberry?

my lord... I still remember people talking themselves into believing Strawberry was the answer to shut down Ginobli and even do a little work on Parker during the Spurs heyday.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have you guys taken a look at the guys taken after Bender and Chriss?

You must be registered for see images attach

What a stinker of a draft!