Booker Upset with Front Office?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is definitely more difficult to prove but wouldn't the Morrii situation be an issue from back when they got their extension? McD came out and said they put a number on the table for them to split and had them come up with the way to split between them. That's 2 players openly handling each other's contracts in a way. It's not releasing them, but that is close to what you're saying the NBA would have an issue with. That's another player being involved in another's contract negotiations.

You're right, it's similar but I don't see it as the same thing. They met with both agents (and both players) at the same time which obviously had to be agreed to by all parties.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There is no point in trying to negotiate a deal with Booker. He's a max player, end of story. What's the point in trying to sell him on being less than that? That would be idiotic.

He is a max player cuz you say so? He’s a max player if that’s his value and market dictates. There’s a lot of talk about who is a max FA but truth is none of us are sports professionals and none of us know. But some of you keep yelling it as gospel.

When did Love try to demand a trade? It wasn't as a restricted free agent. I know that. I don't even recall him publicly asking out of Cleveland, which I assume is where you're saying he wanted to leave since you mentioned winning a championship. He had the chance to leave as a free agent not but a few months later and resigned, quickly. He asked out as a negotiating tactic. Unlike Lebron's buddies he wasn't in line to get max money from them and wasn't playing like he had previously in Minnesota so he had to leverage into his way into a big deal. It was not a toxic situation like the situation with Booker could be.

Autocorrect. I typed (and then edited) it back to Kobe. And that absolutely was MORE toxic than bookers situation.

I think the players association would love for a player who is a restricted free agent to ask out of his current team and they openly sign him and tell him he can't do anything about it. Restricted free agency is not in the players benefit at all. If they could find the right situation to get behind it could go a long way in helping them try to abolish it altogether.

There’s something called collective bargaining. The players union gave up RFA. No league will EVER abolish that as it will kill the league.

That's the main thing I took issue with here. Pokerface kept saying that it can't be an issue for 3-4 years down the road because we basically own Booker and control him for that much longer but that's simply not the case. If the Suns burn down the relationship with him now, he's a restricted free agent next offseason and can work his way out of here. It's not as simple as saying "Nope, you're not going anywhere, we'll match" because he could bash the Suns in the press to the point that we'd be beyond stupid for matching a deal, which is when I believe the players union might get involved, or he can say, fine I'll sign the QO and leave. If he did that, we'd be completely screwed because no one is trading for him on a 1 year qualifying offer.

Yes this could occur. But you’re all but assuming it is inevitable that it would.

N
Not offering him the max or trying to play hardball with him right now is not in the Suns best interest. Trying to argue differently doesn't make sense. Do you want to see McD blow things? If he can't get Booker to sign an extension that everyone thought was a sure thing a month or two ago because a couple million dollars then I'd bet you'd want to see him fired like just about every other Suns fan.

How does not offering the max immediately equate to playing hardball? I think you’ve never been in a successful negotiation in yiur life. These things aren’t black and white

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trying to say that people are advocating for the max now because we're "afraid" of something is ridiculous. Don't try to assume anyone's reason behind offering him the max. It's his market value. Pay him what he's worth. There isn't a question he'd get that money in the open market.

Look at how this thread started, everyone who is advocating the max now was doing the same thing a year ago. No one has gotten scared of anything. It's simply stupid to try to lowball him.
Omg am I wrong or do YOU keep saying you don’t want to make him mad?!? That’s fear baby!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Guys like Wiggins set the precedent for what kind of production is worth the mini max. Just because things haven’t worked out for Wiggins isn’t proof that Booker doesn’t deserve it.
Congrats you’ve just sunk your business if you’re following others mistakes. Brilliant.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does not offering the max immediately equate to playing hardball? I think you’ve never been in a successful negotiation in yiur life. These things aren’t black and white.

So now you want to get personal? Why? Because I proved I wasn't lying? Because I asked for you to tell me what it would be called other than lowballing him?

Good on you. Make it personal. Do you feel better now?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Congrats you’ve just sunk your business if you’re following others mistakes. Brilliant.
Are you for real? Booker is better than Wiggins. He is also worth the max. Absolutely more worthy than plenty others that have gotten it. If Booker was equivalent to Wiggins than I would see how it could be seen as a mistake.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Omg am I wrong or do YOU keep saying you don’t want to make him mad?!? That’s fear baby!

WHERE DID I SAY IN THAT QUOTED POST ANYTHING ABOUT MAKING HIM MAD?

I SAID PAY HIM WHAT HE'S WORTH! THERE IS NO POINT IN PUSSYFOOTING AROUND. HOW IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

I GUESS YOU'RE WRONG THEN

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Didn't make up anything, want to see the latest Bordow has said about the max?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yup, sure sounds like he's saying they'll offer less. If you're going to make a claim, prove it. It helps if you can do it with the most recent information out there also.

Here's some more analysts take on it,
Bright side, even posing the idea that less than the max would piss Booker off.

Here's Woj, only mentioning the max...

Here's a quote from another Bordow article, again only mentioning the max...
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...state-warriors-cleveland-cavaliers/500605002/

Another Bordow article, only mentioning the max, and even stating that no player coming off a rookie contract has declined a MAX offer.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...suns-over-way-ulis-release-handled/749429002/

Seems like that's his market value. If you believe otherwise, that's on you. I've provided evidence though so don't say I decided I simply made something up and it's untrue. There's his market value, spelled out. If you want to claim otherwise, provide proof. Until then, I'd appreciate you not call me a liar because all this, shows that's simply not the case. If you really want to say some parentheses in a tweet from a week ago points to something different, that's on you. I've provided links from today and yesterday that point to him being offered the max.
Yeah, more brilliance! Let the media set the market.

And I’m sorry, bringing up three guys does not make the statement definitive, but that’s the way you phrased it. And you do it aaaalllll the time. And it’s just bs argumentation.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And I’m sorry, bringing up three guys does not make the statement definitive, but that’s the way you phrased it. And you do it aaaalllll the time. And it’s just bs argumentation.

Are you kidding me? You tried using Bordow as one of the people who said we shouldn't pay the max, I prove you're wrong in that and now it's worthless to mention him. Go figure. When it works in your favor, let's use it, but when it doesn't, let's toss it away.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You never make a solid argument. All you do is get caught up in semantics. You sit back and wait for someone to say one thing that you can dissect and then pick that apart rather than the position itself. You do it all the time. It's childish. The only reason you do it is because you'd rather argue than actually talk basketball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So now you want to get personal? Why? Because I proved I wasn't lying? Because I asked for you to tell me what it would be called other than lowballing him?

Good on you. Make it personal. Do you feel better now?
What are you talking about? You’re off the deep end.

So a penny under the max is low balling? That’s what you’re arguing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I SAID PAY HIM WHAT HE'S WORTH! THERE IS NO POINT IN PUSSYFOOTING AROUND. HOW IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Wow. Just wow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? You tried using Bordow as one of the people who said we shouldn't pay the max, I prove you're wrong in that and now it's worthless to mention him. Go figure. When it works in your favor, let's use it, but when it doesn't, let's toss it away.
What? Okay when I have time I’ll sift through all these threads and find the quote. Fact if he matter is you stated something to the effect of “no one” says he shouldn’t get the full max. And truth is, you actually have zero way of knowing that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You never make a solid argument. All you do is get caught up in semantics. You sit back and wait for someone to say one thing that you can dissect and then pick that apart rather than the position itself. You do it all the time. It's childish. The only reason you do it is because you'd rather argue than actually talk basketball.
Okay. Except we are not arguing basketball here, we are arguing business and you’re arguing emotion.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not at all. Why am I not surprised that you're going back to the semantics though. Holy hell, this couldn't be scripted better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wow. Just wow.

I respond in kind to you. You want to quote things and type in all caps and bold and I do it back and you want to try to act like I'm the one who escalated things and have gone off the deep end. All I'm doing is stooping to your level.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay. Except we are not arguing basketball here, we are arguing business and you’re arguing emotion.

You're the one who brought this idea that people are "afraid" into this. Not me, not anyone else. That's you. YOU brought emotion into this.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Your post is full of furious anger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think the problem here is that you are trying to equate other kinds of business to the sports business. In the sports business you need to consider keeping players happy in your negotiations because they can force their way out of you don’t.

Also in the NBA there is an absolute max that you can possibly offer and teams will ask themselves going to negotiations if that player is worth that amount. If the Suns see Booker as the face of the franchise and believe that he is worth that max number than why even mess around With a lower number.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison