2017-2018 Draft Prospects watch.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Translation anyone?
The interview itself is in English. Duffy says he would love to get Luka under Kokoskov again.

With the representative of Slovenian basketball miracle boy Luke Doncic, Bill Duffy, we talked about the future of the Slovenian national team. He revealed to us that they decided to test this year in the NBA league, because in his camp they feel that he is ready for a step forward. As we managed to find out, Doncic was already under the watchful eye of the NBA's observers.

Let us remind you that in the next week, Luka Doncic will devote more time to our newscasts (24 UR and WORLD), where he will present his background of the decision to be tested in the NBA for 19 years. The journalist Milena Novak will take care of the content. She was in Oakland talking to Bill Duffy, Doncic's agent.

Google Translate

rocker

Reaction score
The interview itself is in English. Duffy says he would love to get Luka under Kokoskov again.

With the representative of Slovenian basketball miracle boy Luke Doncic, Bill Duffy, we talked about the future of the Slovenian national team. He revealed to us that they decided to test this year in the NBA league, because in his camp they feel that he is ready for a step forward. As we managed to find out, Doncic was already under the watchful eye of the NBA's observers.

Let us remind you that in the next week, Luka Doncic will devote more time to our newscasts (24 UR and WORLD), where he will present his background of the decision to be tested in the NBA for 19 years. The journalist Milena Novak will take care of the content. She was in Oakland talking to Bill Duffy, Doncic's agent.

Google Translate

Perfect translate!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Not just fall to 4th but leave Ayton on the board so we could take Carter. Hopefully Sarver would fire McD before the pick could be called in because taking anyone other than Ayton at 4 if he lasts that long would be ridiculous.

That website is idiotic. There isn't anyone else who has the draft board falling that way, least of all the actual teams that will be drafting. That site is just another bunch of knucklehead bloggers making up against the grain crap just to try and stand out from all the other crappy speculative draft blogs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somebody made a supercut of all 118 of the 3's that Trae Young made last season. Watching the video you can tell he has NBA range within the first 25 seconds. He really does have Steph Curry range on his 3's.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's an article on Doncic, apparently he's been struggling during the 2nd half of the season. What's interesting about the article is it has an actual shot chart for him. After looking at it, I'm worried about his 3pt shot in the NBA. The heaves excuse doesn't seem to have much of an effect, there are 11 of those shown here but his percentage isn't very good without including those. Uploaded the shot chart so everyone can see, more info in the article linked below from The Stepien. There is a ton of info in there, it's much more than the shot chart so I'd recommend anyone interested in Doncic give it a look.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/05/06/recent-struggles-doncic-still-number-one/

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The part about him spending more energy on defense negatively affecting his offense reminds me of people criticizing Nash. If he was busting his ass on defense he’d be 85% of the offensive wizard which would hurt the team more than his defense. It would be different for a player like Ayton who plays a much more significant defensive position.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Here's an article on Doncic, apparently he's been struggling during the 2nd half of the season. What's interesting about the article is it has an actual shot chart for him. After looking at it, I'm worried about his 3pt shot in the NBA. The heaves excuse doesn't seem to have much of an effect, there are 11 of those shown here but his percentage isn't very good without including those.

Three-point makes are harder to get in Euroleague, because they have a different way of counting them. 25% is like the equivalent of 40% in the NBA.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Three-point makes are harder to get in Euroleague, because they have a different way of counting them. 25% is like the equivalent of 40% in the NBA.

This has to be sarcasm... a take off on the Euro-assist line we hear, is my guess...

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It looks like bamba is gaining some momentum. The espn draft machine, run by the draft express guys, had him at 8 a week ago, and now he has moved up to 5 after they talked to more scouts/front offices.

The ringer piece on him was also very encouraging, basically detailing how hard he is working on his game (working w/ the same people who train embiid/tatum) and how hard he is working to get bigger.

If suns fall to 4, i think a good chance he is the pick.

You see how tall he is from a year ago, same height was ayton, towering over wendall carter. Also, porter is almost as tall as both of them! Which is why if healthy, im very high on him

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not only taking Carter, but taking Carter at #4 with Ayton still on the board. Yikes.
Not just fall to 4th but leave Ayton on the board so we could take Carter. Hopefully Sarver would fire McD before the pick could be called in because taking anyone other than Ayton at 4 if he lasts that long would be ridiculous.

Found this little clip. Carter was the better man that game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we didn't tank to the worst record in franchise history and the worst record in the league I'd feel better about drafting Bamba or Carter but anything outside of Ayton, Doncic, and Bagley would be a disappointment. Young would be a bit disappointing also but at least we wouldn't need to go after a PG in free agency. I could get excited over Young, I have a hard time doing that with the other bigs in this class though. Bamba ceiling is probably a 14 and 12 guy with 2 blocks, sort of like Whiteside, I would guess. He may be a better offensive player over time but that isn't guaranteed. Carter is a PF more than a C from what I've seen and we already have Bender and Chriss. I don't think that should stop us from taking someone like Bagley but it should stop us from taking a project like Jackson or someone who isn't that polished in Carter.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

It's because they are on the metric system over there. So everything that Doncic does is like 1.5 times better than what any prospect does over here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A player to keep an eye on for the Suns is Jarred Vanderbilt of Kentucky.

Evan Sidery‏@esidery

Someone who’s getting really slept on as a fit in Phoenix is Kentucky’s Jarred Vanderbilt. Extremely productive rebounder and switchable defender. Fits the Jordan Bell mold as the versatile small-ball 5 the Suns will need, if he’s there at No. 31.

8:53 AM - 12 May 2018

And I liked Jordon Bell too as did others.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. Carter's pigeon toes look awkward. Ayton looks pudgy. Anyone notice the picture of Book on the wall?

That was 2017. Ayton mentioned in the winter that he'd never lifted weights in his life until he got to UofA. Among the many reasons that he has an astronomical ceiling... the guy is just barely learning to play with the Adonis body he is blessed with, and already showing more skill than virtually any big man of his age has shown.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was 2017. Ayton mentioned in the winter that he'd never lifted weights in his life until he got to UofA. Among the many reasons that he has an astronomical ceiling... the guy is just barely learning to play with the Adonis body he is blessed with, and already showing more skill than virtually any big man of his age has shown.
I agree that Ayton is a better player now than last year but Carter has gotten better too. I like Carter because he has a legitimate 3pt shot and he does everything well. His numbers aren’t as good as Ayton but he was sharing the front court with Bagley. I think Carter is a little better defensively now than Ayton but if Ayton reaches his potential he could be a really good defender.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that Ayton is a better player now than last year but Carter has gotten better too. I like Carter because he has a legitimate 3pt shot and he does everything well. His numbers aren’t as good as Ayton but he was sharing the front court with Bagley. I think Carter is a little better defensively now than Ayton but if Ayton reaches his potential he could be a really good defender.
Carter is a really good value in the 7-10 range of this draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In The Stepien they say this about Trae Young.

"Young has the dynamism as a pull-up shooter, ball-handler, and passer that every team looks for in a modern skilled NBA lead guard...

"...Some question Young’s size and lack of explosion/speed at the next level, but he’ll have the threat of his shot and NBA spacing will only help him navigate especially in pick-and-roll. Also, it’s not like Young is Tyler Ulis physically, as he possesses workable size..."

So is Young a better version of Tyler Ulis? The thing I worry most about Young, he has no margin of error athletically.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's something to think about if the Suns draft a center. He needs to be able to shoot the ball from outside and hit the 3.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson