Good Time as Ever to State What QB you prefer in the Draft

Which QB would you most want the Cardinals to be lucky enough to get in the Draft?

• Rosen

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Darnold

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Allen

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • Rudolph

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Jackson

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Combining trading up a bit and who could fall a bit in the draft, Which QB out of all of them would you prefer the Cards get lucky to select? Why do you like him most?

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In a fever dream where he fell heavily (because I refuse to trade into the top 5): Darnold
Semi-realistically if we traded into the area I'm willing to move (7-14): Mayfield
Realistically: Rudolph

I don't have faith Jackson will hold up as a starting QB. I like him, but if I were choosing between the last two guys I think will go, I'd pick Rudolph.

Reaction score
In a fever dream where he fell heavily (because I refuse to trade into the top 5): Darnold
Semi-realistically if we traded into the area I'm willing to move (7-14): Mayfield
Realistically: Rudolph

I don't have faith Jackson will hold up as a starting QB. I like him, but if I were choosing between the last two guys I think will go, I'd pick Rudolph.

Kinda agree. My choices in order would probably be Darnold, Mayfield, & Rudolph. I'm also not completely sold on that order.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lamar Jackson. Young, great college career, great arm/release, running ability, etc. Has all the tools, IMHO.

Can't hit the side of a barn. Accuracy is by far the most important tool, and I have never seen a qb suddenly learn it. Intelligence and ability to read defenses is the second most important quality at the NFL level, and I have serious doubts about him there too.

Of all the QB prospects he is the one I am sure will not become a good QB in the NFL. Running Back or WR maybe, qb no.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
At 15 Jackson is a good pick. I like his quiet leadership, and think that with a year grooming that he'll be able to pick up the NFL game well. They'll play to his strengths, and they'll do very well in the red zone with him. He should get stronger as well. He's got a good frame. Plus he was already a Cardinal. :newcards:

I like Mayfield, but they'll need to move up into the top 10 to draft him. Not a big fan of mouthy QB's, but I like his confidence and he showed very decent arm strength at the combine.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mayfield all day... Rudolph as consolation prize if Mayfield don’t happen....

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen
Mason Rudolph-as a round 2 pick

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAYFIELD HYPE MACHINE

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't hit the side of a barn. Accuracy is by far the most important tool, and I have never seen a qb suddenly learn it. Intelligence and ability to read defenses is the second most important quality at the NFL level, and I have serious doubts about him there too.

Of all the QB prospects he is the one I am sure will not become a good QB in the NFL. Running Back or WR maybe, qb no.
:grabs: 10-9-8-7........

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
In a vacuum, Darnold has the physical and mental tools to be a great QB in the NFL, which is why I picked him. Realistically, I think we should look at Mayfield. High risk, high reward. I feel like Mayfield is either going to be really good, or really bad with no inbetween. Basically, you're either getting Russell Wilson or Matt Leinart.

Ranked, IMO:

Darnold
Chosen Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson
Rudoplh
Allen

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

There was a recent article that he had the highest % of catchable balls dropped of the QBs in this class. So it appears that the balls were put where they were supposed to be just weren't caught. Not to mention his accuracy actually improved for 3 straight years.

As for his ability to read defenses or learn an NFL offense, that I can't say, the interviews that we aren't privy to will bear that out but I haven't seem anything from him as a speaker that makes me thinks he is a stupid man.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
There was a recent article that he had the highest % of catchable balls dropped of the QBs in this class. So it appears that the balls were put where they were supposed to be just weren't caught. Not to mention his accuracy actually improved for 3 straight years.

As for his ability to read defenses or learn an NFL offense, that I can't say, the interviews that we aren't privy to will bear that out but I haven't seem anything from him as a speaker that makes me thinks he is a stupid man.
I appreciate trying to find stats to research a player but the drawback to something like this, even though it's more in depth than just completion %, is it doesn't examine the types of passes thrown. All catchable passes aren't created equal and if I was running a scouting site, I'd focus on NFL type throws. Too many short, dumpoff throws that "anyone" could make are a big part of most college QB's stats but aren't really indicative of whether he'll be able to make next level stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn