Cardinals Favored to Sign Kaepernick? Seriously?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I saw on ESPN they were talking QBs and where they were going, and Kaepernick is supposedly the best "bridge" QB on the market, and they mentioned AZ as the top place for him on that segment, too. Bill Polian was one of the main people mentioning that. The thinking is Kap buys time for the Cards after Palmer retires to find and develop a franchise QB. I think Polian feels Palmer is only going to play another season.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw on ESPN they were talking QBs and where they were going, and Kaepernick is supposedly the best "bridge" QB on the market, and they mentioned AZ as the top place for him on that segment, too. Bill Polian was one of the main people mentioning that. The thinking is Kap buys time for the Cards after Palmer retires to find and develop a franchise QB. I think Polian feels Palmer is only going to play another season.

A reasonable position to take if it would remove Stanton from the team.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Look, I don't align with him politically, but I'd be lying to say that I wouldnt be somewhat intrigued with him if we picked him up to be honest.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
A reasonable position to take if it would remove Stanton from the team.

Yeah. I have been discussing this with my son, and Carson Palmer has them in a bind right now. On one hand, he says he is deciding on a year by year basis if he is going to play the next season. On the other hand, Palmer says he could see himself play "several" more years. How do you make a decision on when to get someone to replace him with such an indecisive timeline? Kind of the same as NE is with Brady. The question is, is Kaepernick better than Stanton? I don't know how well Stanton plays. Overall, I do think you want someone better the Kaepernick as your franchise QB. So probably not much importance to get Kaepernick.

My thinking is, if Palmer is going to play this next season, we don't HAVE to get his replacement this off season. I would be comfortable waiting until the 2018 draft or free agency period, if you project better QBs being available. I think teams get in trouble when they feel they "have" to make a move.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Kaepernick is the best option of all the FA QB's out there - a good potential example of: "If the dude could do something good once, he can be coached-up to do it again."

Regarding the kneel down issue - there are pros and cons.

I think political statements at public events are distractions. But I also admire people ( including athletes who say what they mean and wear theiir hearts on their sleeves). Taking stands in a civil manner should be honored as part of the American tradition. But before we decide to do so, we should remember that actions bring consequences:

Like not being signed by another team because you bring controversy to what is basically a business.

That said: Kaepernick was once good but lost his mojo (Bad pass pro didn't help any). If BA feels he can help Kaepernick find his mojo (& the team feels it can deal with the controversy). WTF; bring him in.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Palmer continues to play like this, it could be worth bringing in Kap just to light a fire under Palmer's butt.

Kansas City tried this approach by drafting Mahomes and now Alex Smith is playing much, much better.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If Palmer continues to play like this, it could be worth bringing in Kap just to light a fire under Palmer's butt.

Kansas City tried this approach by drafting Mahomes and now Alex Smith is playing much, much better.
yeah,....so call kc and offer them a fifth for smith

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mods, can we have this thread closed? It's a necro-bump that nearly gave me a heart attack this morning lol

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Don't see the hate. If we're gonna sign someone, he might as well be our guy. I mean, who else would we pick? RGIII? Manziel? At least Kaep lead a team to a Super Bowl. If it wasn't for his politics, he would have a job at the moment. Goodell had the gall to call the NFL a meritocracy when horrible QBs have been signed left and right in favor of Kaep. Owners think that they'll lose customers because of Kaep, when in truth, most of the people against him won't go to games or buy the merch regardless. You can't say that Josh McCown, or Scott Tolzien, or even Brian Hoyer would be a better QB than Kaep. It's all politics.

Last edited:

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Palmer plays like that again....I don't care if Kaep moons the National anthem. He could run our offense. And I can't stand people who sit for the NA but I rather win.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Don't see the hate. If we're gonna sign someone, he might as well be our guy. I mean, who else would we pick? RGIII? Manziel? Osweiller? At least Kaep lead a team to a Super Bowl. If it wasn't for his politics, he would have a job at the moment. Goodell had the gall to call the NFL a meritocracy when horrible QBs have been signed left and right in favor of Kaep. Owners think that they'll lose customers because of Kaep, when in truth, most of the people against him won't go to games or buy the merch regardless. You can't say that Josh McCown, or Scott Tolzien, or even Brian Hoyer would be a better QB than Kaep. It's all politics.
...that being said, if we're still not down for Kaep, we could always bring back Max Hall... wherever he is.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Old school QBs that just sit in the pocket and pick apart defenses just don't work anymore if the oline can't keep a clean pocket for atleast 3-5 seconds. Today's defenses are just too fast and dlinemen are more athletic than olinemen currently are. There just isn't enough cap room to have 5 probowler olinemen.

If BA isn't stubborn with his offensive philosophy, give it a shot.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Old school QBs that just sit in the pocket and pick apart defenses just don't work anymore if the oline can't keep a clean pocket for atleast 3-5 seconds. Today's defenses are just too fast and dlinemen are more athletic than olinemen currently are. There just isn't enough cap room to have 5 probowler olinemen.

If BA isn't stubborn with his offensive philosophy, give it a shot.

This is a great post!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's relevant because of how bad Palmer's been.

Kaep should be an alt option.

You know what's relevant? Me being tired f you whiny fairweather turds continually hammering on Palmer after 2 games and making idiotic proclamations like we should sign one of the most useless, one dimensional, inept QBs in the league.

Seriously, go away if you are going to keep bringing this negativity and stupidity here after WEEK 2. Its absolutely toxic and beyond annoying.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't see the hate. If we're gonna sign someone, he might as well be our guy. I mean, who else would we pick? RGIII? Manziel? At least Kaep lead a team to a Super Bowl. If it wasn't for his politics, he would have a job at the moment. Goodell had the gall to call the NFL a meritocracy when horrible QBs have been signed left and right in favor of Kaep. Owners think that they'll lose customers because of Kaep, when in truth, most of the people against him won't go to games or buy the merch regardless. You can't say that Josh McCown, or Scott Tolzien, or even Brian Hoyer would be a better QB than Kaep. It's all politics.
So did Chris Chandler but that didn't mean he was a good QB. He just had one good season, same as Kaep. As for his politics, he brought that on himself. Not to mention that like the whole of BLM(which is all a front for the World Workers Party), they're hypocrites because if they truly cared about black lives, they'd be in these bad neighborhoods getting kids out of or keep them from joining gangs which kill more young black men than cops could ever dream of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort