NBA draft picks trade rumors

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about the rumor suns num 4 pick to cavs for kevin love? Thoughts?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully the Suns are not one of the three teams interested in LMA.
Spurs shopping LaMarcus Aldridge

2 mins ago – via ESPN
The San Antonio Spurs, in pursuit of a top-10 pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, have spoken to at least three teams about a possible trade involving power forward LaMarcus Aldridge,
sources confirmed to ESPN. Signed to an $84 million contract in 2015 as the club’s most significant acquisition in free agency, Aldridge received widespread criticism for his play in the 2017 postseason, as he averaged a career-low 16.5 points per game in the playoffs along with career lows in player efficiency rating (15.2) and blocks (1.0).

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure how reliable Chad Ford's intel is, but he has the Suns taking De'Aaron Fox in today's Mock Draft 8.0

Ford claims that the Suns management is split:

McD wants Josh Jackson.

Earl Watson favors Isaac.

But Robert Sarver is smitten with Fox.

And when in doubt, go with the owner.

I can imagine a world where Ford is basically making this up, but that sounds too specific to not have originated at some level from some source. Whether that source is valid or not, who knows...

EDIT: This was based on Tatum being off the board.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how reliable Chad Ford's intel is, but he has the Suns taking De'Aaron Fox in today's Mock Draft 8.0

McD wants Josh Jackson.

I can imagine a world where Ford is basically making this up, but that sounds too specific to not have originated at some level from some source. Whether that source is valid or not, who knows...

Oh my gosh. Sarver and I have the same taste in players. :shock:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I can imagine a world where Ford is basically making this up, but that sounds too specific to not have originated at some level from some source.

It's just as easy to make up a specific story as it is a vague one. The level of detail does not add any credibility.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's just as easy to make up a specific story as it is a vague one. The level of detail does not add any credibility.

Yeah, fair enough. It's just a more egregious action on the reporter's part.

Of course, Ford is known for changing his board after the fact. And what is ESPN going to do? Fire him?

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lots of possibilities for the Suns if Jackson is as coveted in a trade as Woj reports.

1. We could use the leverage in a Porzingis trade or trade down a spot or two and pick up assets.

2. We could take Jackson and get great value.

3. It could drive up his stock and leave us picking between Isaac, Fox, and Tatum

4. The Celtics could trade down, changing things.

5. The Lakers could trade the pick, opening up the possibility Ball falls to us.

6. We could be dumb and trade for an older player.

7. Who knows!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This one's easy. Go with your GM, the one who spent years scouting.

Agreed. If I were Sarver, I would send Ryan and Earl into a room and tell them not to come out until they agree. If They don't agree, then I'd cast a tie-breaker in favor of Ryan's pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If I were Sarver, I would send Ryan and Earl into a room and tell them not to come out until they agree. If They don't agree, then I'd cast a tie-breaker in favor of Ryan's pick.

Yup. McDonough's job may be riding on this draft and trades.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

McD wants Josh Jackson.

EDIT: This was based on Tatum being off the board.

I really wish Sarver would let his GM be a GM

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It seems like McD always comes close but can never pull through on the big signings/trades.

Happened with LMA, happened with Cousins trade and now happening again with Porzingis.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort