Fitz is RETURNING!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hahaha.... man, I like how wrong I am almost ALWAYS about this team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going on record right now:

Hometown hero, Larry Fitzgerald comes back to Minnesota to play his final game in the Super Bowl next year and rides off into the sunset a World Champion.

And now, as I look back at my last post where I relish the fact that I'm always wrong about this team, I hesitate to post this... but screw it. It's too right to be wrong.

Cards win the Super Bowl next year... GUARANTEED!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
You're making this announcement on a Wednesday, sooooooooooooo....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ha !! My first thought, too !!

Never had a doubt that Fitz was going to come back. The fire is still there and he is still playing at a very high level.

Was just off on the year and the announcement by a couple years.

But glad I was wrong....DJ is a hell of a lot better back for this team now and going forward.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did say during the season he wouldn't catch Tony Gonzalez in catches after climbing to #3, so this is his last year!!! Bet the ranch

I'm not so sure. What if he catches 100+ next year? He will be within reasonable reach of #2 all-time. Which, IMHO, is where he should be, his status unquestionable.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. What if he catches 100+ next year? He will be within reasonable reach of #2 all-time. Which, IMHO, is where he should be, his status unquestionable.
My point is he's over 200 away. Fitz clearly "said", he wouldn't catch Tony & I'll take him at his word on that!!! His contract will be done & so will his time in the NFL IMO.

Now win the the SB in his hometown of Minnesota & end it on a storybook ending :cheers:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was just off on the year and the announcement by a couple years.

But glad I was wrong....DJ is a hell of a lot better back for this team now and going forward.
So he's coming here after getting cut this offseason? Why do you like teasing my soul?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Great news. I always thought he'd come back for 1 more run at it.

Even though it's likely known, I wish he'd announce 2017 as his swan song year. Not that it's needed, and not really his style, but it would give the team a rallying point and extra motivation to get him the ring. Much like when the Steelers rallied around Jerome Bettis in his final year.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
With Fitz & CP on board it will be interesting to see how many free agents they can retain.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully he will end up #3 all time at the end of next season. This is great news. Fitz is a class act and the greatest Cardinal player of all time in my book.

chickenhead

Reaction score
They need to throw EVERYTHING at 2017, including finding some way to get a different backup QB.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going on record right now:

Hometown hero, Larry Fitzgerald comes back to Minnesota to play his final game in the Super Bowl next year and rides off into the sunset a World Champion.

And now, as I look back at my last post where I relish the fact that I'm always wrong about this team, I hesitate to post this... but screw it. It's too right to be wrong.

Cards win the Super Bowl next year... GUARANTEED!

:stick:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Palmer had already said he was planning to return.

As of yesterday there was a tweet that Palmer had sold his house and pulled his kids out of school. I have not seen the quote where Carson said he will be back in 2017.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assumed he would but glad it appears to be official.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
They need to throw EVERYTHING at 2017, including finding some way to get a different backup QB.

Why lets face it if any team is down to there second string QB they are most likely not winning it all. I mean for all of DS warts he can still win regular season games, not to mention who can come in and learn the O in one training camp?

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great news. I would be surprised if CP does not return. GBR!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of yesterday there was a tweet that Palmer had sold his house and pulled his kids out of school. I have not seen the quote where Carson said he will be back in 2017.
erroneous report

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort