DJ may be the third all time player to

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Only two players have ever had 1k rushing AND 1k receiving. DJ only needs another 296 yards receiving to do it in 4 more games.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize he's over 1000 yds rushing this year already (1,005) so awesome

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Cool record.

But, if he gets over 100 yards from scrimmage in each of his last four games he will be the 1st player to do it.

THAT is cool. Being the first at anything is an accomplishment that can only be done once for all time.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Johnson's season is more impressive.

Faulk has the greatest show on turf, Johnson is the focus point of this offense, and has Larry Fitzgerald, Jermaine Gresham, Carson Palmer, and three UDFA offensive linemen around him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Fitzgerald passing Harrison is the bigger accomplishment. Both stand at 12 seasons right now, and Fitzgerald sits atop the rest.

If you look at straight wide receivers, Fitzgerald is second all time in receptions, and dare I say, is the best POSSESSION receiver of all time.

Rice is by far the best, and while Rice had Hall of Fame quarterbacks, there is no doubting his greatness. Rice was the best all around receiver, but 3 & 10 and your team has to move the sticks, and you need a catch. Fitzgeralds the best, he is the guy I would want out there above all else.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
DJ is just an over all great talent on the field AND he is genuinely humble and very pleasant in interviews and in person

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DJ highlights from the game

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Do the Cards know how to draft WR's or what! Both Fitz and Q on that list, only the 9ers did better with Rice and TO but they also had Montana and Young throwing to them most of their careers. I also didn't realize how amazing Gonzalez was, knew he was great but didn't realize he was a GOAT.

DJ has his on highway and goes full speed all the time.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we are out of it I force feed throws and screens to make sure DJ gets 1000 receiving. Needs about 80 a game over the last 4, get that young man the ball!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Johnson's season is more impressive.

Faulk has the greatest show on turf, Johnson is the focus point of this offense, and has Larry Fitzgerald, Jermaine Gresham, Carson Palmer, and three UDFA offensive linemen around him.

Not until he becomes the elite blocker Faulk was. I'm sure he'll get there eventually.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rice is by far the best, and while Rice had Hall of Fame quarterbacks, there is no doubting his greatness. Rice was the best all around receiver, but 3 & 10 and your team has to move the sticks, and you need a catch. Fitzgeralds the best, he is the guy I would want out there above all else.
QB's who Fitz has had throwing him the ball:

Josh McCown
John Navarre
Shaun King
Kurt Warner
Matt Leinart
Tim Rattay
Brian St. Pierre
Derek Anderson
Max Hall
John Skelton
Richard Bartel
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Lindley
Brian Hoyer
Carson Palmer
Logan Thomas
Drew Stanton

With the exception of Warner and Palmer, that is truly a cast of clowns throwing him the ball which makes his accomplishments all the more remarkable. He is my all time favorite Cardinal and a true role model.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DJ leads the league in scrimmage yards and touchdowns.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fitzgerald passing Harrison is the bigger accomplishment. Both stand at 12 seasons right now, and Fitzgerald sits atop the rest.

If you look at straight wide receivers, Fitzgerald is second all time in receptions, and dare I say, is the best POSSESSION receiver of all time.

Rice used to be who I considered the best but I'm not sure anymore. Rice played when they stacked teams and the players couldn't leave for FA. The argument could go either way I suppose, because even though Rice played with other (very) talented receivers at WR and TE and RB, he also had to share the ball with them.

He also played when the rules were different, when you could chuck WR's or blast them going over the middle, so his accomplishment is extraordinary.

I'm a homer, but Fitz is the whole package, including character-wise: he's had complete chumps throwing to him most of his career. He's rarely complained to the media or created drama. He told the coaches on the sidelines when Beanie was nearing a franchise record for yards in a game, told the coaches when players got their first TD or made some other milestone. He knew those stats off the top of his head on the sidelines when no one else did, including the players breaking those records or making those milestones. That shows a complete grasp of the game he's playing and who he's playing with. Consummate professional, consummate team player.

The comparison may be "unfair" given the era's they played in, but I think it's a safe bet Larry Fitzgerald is the best WR to play in his era.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson