2016 1st round pick is Robert Nkemdiche DT

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly think we won't hear a peep from him when it comes to off field issues. I think what he did in the past is being blown way out of proportion. We will never see any issues from him off the field. Now on the field will be another story. I just hope he puts it all on the field each game and doesn't got missing at times.

dude... take it from someone who used to party A LOT... you break through glass drunk and fall from a 4 story window, you've probably got some legit issues. I mean, I never did anything THAT destructive back in my day, and I was pretty self-destructive.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude... take it from someone who used to party A LOT... you break through glass drunk and fall from a 4 story window, you've probably got some legit issues. I mean, I never did anything THAT destructive back in my day, and I was pretty self-destructive.

ive seen people go through a window drunk on accident because another drunk person gave them a small shove and they lost balance

:shrug:

it was brutal too, part of the glass didnt break and he had a hole in his side the size of a fist from where the shard stabbed him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive seen people go through a window drunk on accident because another drunk person gave them a small shove and they lost balance

:shrug:

it was brutal too, part of the glass didnt break and he had a hole in his side the size of a fist from where the shard stabbed him.

yeah... when you're a mammoth human, a small shove isn't gonna do much to move you unless you're HAMMERED... which I think he's already admitted to.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... when you're a mammoth human, a small shove isn't gonna do much to move you unless you're HAMMERED... which I think he's already admitted to.
I still don't see an issue with a 20 something football player getting hammered here and there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I worry more about his on field issues than the off the field stuff, BUT I have to say the thought of a grown man falling through and out of a window is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever tried wrapping my head around. I mean, seriously. A grown man. Falling through and out of a window.

Getting hammered is one thing, most all of us have been there. But falling through a window hammered?? That's some next level stuff. To think this is the 2nd Cardinal player that this has happened to just blows my mind.

I guess I miss the days when you had to worry more about an athlete on your favorite team throwing someone through a window (ahem, Chuckster) than him falling out of one himself. Utterly ridiculous.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Not only did he fall out of a window, it was a 4 story window.

And he walked away unscathed.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least we know he can go through a couple glass jaws, fall flat on his back and has the ability to get up unscathed. That's something.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not only did he fall out of a window, it was a 4 story window.

And he walked away unscathed.

Right??

and the main concern I personally have about that incident is that when he was being grilled about it...he jumped right in there and threw his team mate Tunsil right under that bus....

I dunno...we have all been young at some point...and done some stupid **** at some point as well... My preference was Butler, but Robert Nkemdiche is an Arizona Cardinal...and the young man has my full support in that endeavor....I wish him massive levels of success and riches, multiple pro bowls, and multiple Lombardi's,...and a long happy career with the team that drafted him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i read he fell 15 feet?

once he proves to be the monster we all hope he is, it'll end up being he fell off the empire state building, landed on a terrorist with a suicide jacket, absorbed the bomb blast and walked away unscathed!

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals aren’t tiptoeing around Robert Nkemdiche’s past

“I made a kind of joke about it, you get a guy who falls out of a second-story building and walks away from it, that’s my kind of guy,” defensive line coach Brentson Buckner said, via Darren Urban of the team’s official website. “Because he’s not afraid of a double-team anymore, know what I mean?

Buckner, the longtime NFL defensive tackle, said he’s talked to plenty of people about Nkemdiche and not heard negative reviews of the player, and wasn’t worried about his reputation for taking plays off. Buckner said the fact college stars rarely come off the field instead of rotating through should solve most of the problem.

“You show me any player in the country, especially D-linemen, that plays every snap full speed, I’ll give you a million dollars,” Buckner said. “It depends on what your eyes see.. . . In the NFL you’re not going to play 90 plays. With our [roster], he’ll play 30 plays. You take that energy and condense it to 30 plays, you tell me who wouldn’t want that type of player?”

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BASK places too much value in a player's potential.

This guy is the antithesis of Scooby Wright. Off the charts athletic ability, but below average football instincts. Some guys are play makers and some aren't. Nkemdiche falls into the "aren't" category.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
once he proves to be the monster we all hope he is, it'll end up being he fell off the empire state building, landed on a terrorist with a suicide jacket, absorbed the bomb blast and walked away unscathed!

6 foot 20 killing QBs for fun.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

This guy is the antithesis of Scooby Wright. Off the charts athletic ability, but below average football instincts. Some guys are play makers and some aren't. Nkemdiche falls into the "aren't" category.

Please you Arizona guys... no more Scooby, we did not draft him lol

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals rookie Robert Nkemdiche met with Tyrann Mathieu before draft

When Nkemdiche visited the Cardinals' training facility in Tempe two weeks after the NFL scouting combine, he met with the Cardinals' All-Pro safety. It was a conference of two players who had high first-round talent but tumbled down the draft board -- Mathieu further than Nkemdiche -- because of off-field incidents and concerns.

“He told me that things happen in life,” Nkemdiche said. “The media's going to say what they want to say but everything's up to you at the end of the day. Everything's up to you at the end of the day. Everything they say doesn't matter. He kind of just said, 'There are some things that you've got to sacrifice and I want dogs here with no egos.' I remember him saying that and that's what I am, a dog with no ego.”

“Having met Tyrann, seeing what he went through and the similar process I went through in the draft, and seeing him turn it around, making it into something so beautiful, it just felt like it was the right place to be,” Nkemdiche said.
http://espn.go.com/blog/arizona-car...-draft-meeting-to-discuss-similar-draft-paths

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tyrann had character concerns coming into the NFL, but was extremely productive at the college level. Dontari Poe was a physical freak of nature with limited college statistical production, but had no character red flags from what I recall. Couple character concerns with a lack of statistical production.....The more I think about it, the more I worry this is asking a lot.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Some players get double teamed every play. Some players rack up stats because of their defensive system. Some posters can evaluate talent. Some can't see past stats.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Falling through the glass could also be a sign that he can't handle his alcohol because he doesn't drink that often. Remember the first few times you got drunk? I do and I would have been much more likely to have an incident like Nkemdiche did than after my early college days. Manziel doesn't fall down because he has a high tolerance and can better handle himself when he gets wasted. I have zero knowledge this is true, but just throwing out another point of view.