Packers @ Cardinals 2016 Playoffs Gameday

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And BA runs the ball on 3rd down. Does that give you any idea the confidence he's feeling so far in the offense?

You don't actually think he should have thrown there and risked the clock stopping

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
How is there no offense? This d shouldn't be stopping them like this.. Come on!

Hard to have offense when you don't have the ball. But in order to have it you have to move it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If they somehow win this game, they will get steamrolled by Sea or Car if they play like this.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now the key is the OL, their OL is stopping us, our OL can't stop them

They did a great job in the hurry up of wearing us down, Rodgers has been outstanding moving to avoid the rush and making big throws for first downs plus the one scramble.

I will add if they will call holding it all changes. on the play where Al Michaels says the OL is doing a great job, as he's saying it the OL is trying to pull Campbell's jersey off, BA was going nuts on the sideline screaming for a hold.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy to at least be ahead at half with the terrible offense at this point. Hope there is some serious 2nd half adjustments

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
You don't actually think he should have thrown there and risked the clock stopping

BA takes chances. Most conventional coaches would run it on 3rd & 1 instead of passing it for example. I wouldn't put anything past him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to have offense when you don't have the ball. But in order to have it you have to move it.

outside of the touchdown drive that started in packers territory,we didnt move the ball in the other 3 series,so offense was a lot worst then our defense

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Cards look so unprepared for what the Packers are able to do with 3 healthy players on offense...and they can't stop the Packers pass rush or run d...Starting to get more than a little concerned.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plenty of time to right the ship. I'd onside kick this. I know it's crazy but the way their offense is moving the ball and how we tighten up in the red zone, just give them half a field and be done with it. Maybe we surprise them and get the ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BA takes chances. Most conventional coaches would run it on 3rd & 1 instead of passing it for example. I wouldn't put anything past him.

Sure but in that situation it was nuts to do anything but run it. If the pass is incomplete the clock stops and we have to punt.

outside of maybe Chip Kelly there's not a coach in the NFL who would throw there with good reason.

Sometimes punting is the smart play.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
outside of the touchdown drive that started in packers territory,we didnt move the ball in the other 3 series,so offense was a lot worst then our defense

I'm guessing they're getting an earful right about now in that locker room.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
cheer up folks,...it's playoff football. Did we expect it to be easy?

Bright note... Bethel is playing much better.....

we adjust well at the half

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right now the key is the OL, their OL is stopping us, our OL can't stop them

They did a great job in the hurry up of wearing us down, Rodgers has been outstanding moving to avoid the rush and making big throws for first downs plus the one scramble.

I will add if they will call holding it all changes. on the play where Al Michaels says the OL is doing a great job, as he's saying it the OL is trying to pull Campbell's jersey off, BA was going nuts on the sideline screaming for a hold.

Their offensive line is mugging our rushers. You can put a Pop Warner out there and let them hold and they'll be successful.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The way this going, this guy will be an All Pro WR for the Packers...

Attachments

• Benson-1982-rene-auberjonois-12216539-458-355.jpg
    Benson-1982-rene-auberjonois-12216539-458-355.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 98

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Packers wouldn't have even got a chance for a field goal if the zebras would have called that egregious holding penalty on 3rd and 4.

We are getting shredded with all the dink and dunk 5 yard passes. The pass rush is not getting home so they need to stop playing man and get some help in the secondary. Otherwise they are going to hold the ball all game long. It seems like we haven't been on the field since the 1st quarter and if it keeps up we won't get it until the 4th.

Need to make adjustments on D first and foremost. They are not going to kill us in the run game so if we can't get to Rodgers we need to make sure the coverage is beyond outstanding.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards look so unprepared for what the Packers are able to do with 3 healthy players on offense...and they can't stop the Packers pass rush or run d...Starting to get more than a little concerned.

It's Rodgers. Everytime we have a rush he just moves and either throws it away or makes a play.

Theyr'e holding often yes but mainly they're just picking on Bethel and Rodgers is making it work.

I have to think at some point in this game Bethel is going to have to jump one of those routes and go for the pick, otherwise they're going to keep throwing at him.

Also my guess is BA is spending any time he can working the refs for holding calls, Campbell and Freeney are being consistently held, its' quite obvious even the INT called back Bakhtiari held twice on teh same play.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
cheer up folks,...it's playoff football. Did we expect it to be easy?

Bright note... Bethel is playing much better.....

we adjust well at the half

No but I didn't expect them to walk all over us and our offense to be so bad. Better wake up.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Plenty of time to right the ship. I'd onside kick this. I know it's crazy but the way their offense is moving the ball and how we tighten up in the red zone, just give them half a field and be done with it. Maybe we surprise them and get the ball.

Hell no man!

OP
OP
English on tour

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
BA needs to put a rocket up this offences arse.

Need good playing the D, pass rush aside, the have held this team to 6 points and have been on the field for nearly 20 mins. We need a few drives as at moment our second best play of the night is a freaking punt!!!