Straight Outta Compton

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome.. I been waiting for this movie for a couple years.. Word is.. Ice Cube, Dr Dre and a few others are waiting for this movie to release new albums.. 2015 could be a really big year for hip hop..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a pretty damn good trailer.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Along with getting a sneak peek at what's to come when Straight Outta Compton hits theaters in August, fans were also interested to see whether or not the reported footage that was shot during Knight's fatal hit-and-run was included.
There was speculation that the Death Row Records CEO was on set of a promotional shoot for the biopic when the "tragic accident" occurred, and although Cube, Dre and Game (who were said to be on the scene when it happened) are all present in the intro, there's no definite way of knowing if that footage was included in this trailer.
Knight, who is currently charged with murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run after he struck two men in a Compton parking lot during a Jan. 29 confrontation, will remain behind bars for the next six weeks in a murder case while lawyers prepare for a hearing that prosecutors said Monday could include evidence of other crimes.

http://www.eonline.com/news/623905/...-of-suge-knight-s-fatal-hit-and-run-watch-now

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for this. Man...my friends and I played their music non-stop when it came out.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for this. Man...my friends and I played their music non-stop when it came out.

Same here. Bumped the 2 10' Olympians subwoofers with 10 tweeters. Thought I was big time driving around in my Plymouth Sundance!!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still remember getting in trouble after my mom moved my '77 Chevy Malibu from the driveway to the street and heard "Dopeman" playing on my stereo (NWA tape in the player).

:eek:

#strawberry

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still remember getting in trouble after my mom moved my '77 Chevy Malibu from the driveway to the street and heard "Dopeman" playing on my stereo (NWA tape in the player).

:eek:

#strawberry

Yea! Tape. My dad pulled the CD ONYX with the title name "Backdaf**up" out of my car and threw it into the desert. He wasn't too happy with the name. If you aren't familiar with rap group, they have the song "Slam"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ADgCeYJMN4

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I never played in front of my parents and one of my best friends hid his NWA tapes and EZ-E stuff at my house because his mom kept throwing them away. He was pissed because he had to go to Wherehouse Records music store and repurchase the tapes twice before he got smart. LOL.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea! Tape. My dad pulled the CD ONYX with the title name "Backda**cup" out of my car and threw it into the desert. He wasn't too happy with the name. If you aren't familiar with rap group, they have the song "Slam"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ADgCeYJMN4

Let the boys be boys!

I once was maybe 11 or 12 and I wanted to listen to a tape at my grandmas house. She got me a tape player and put it in to make sure it worked. I believe it was an ice cube tape and the beginning said:

"if you are offended by the words ****, ****, bitch, etc etc etc. take this tape out now" She took it out, broke it and left the room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let the boys be boys!

I once was maybe 11 or 12 and I wanted to listen to a tape at my grandmas house. She got me a tape player and put it in to make sure it worked. I believe it was an ice cube tape and the beginning said:

"if you are offended by the words ****, ****, bitch, etc etc etc. take this tape out now" She took it out, broke it and left the room.

Was she related to BigRed1959?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was she related to BigRed1959?

I doubt it. If that was the case the music would have never been bought and written off as a Liberal disease trying to infect the purity of his mind.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Looks awesome.. I been waiting for this movie for a couple years.. Word is.. Ice Cube, Dr Dre and a few others are waiting for this movie to release new albums.. 2015 could be a really big year for hip hop..

Me too. Ice Cube has been talking about it for a long time. I didn't know about the new albums, that would be awesome.

That trailer was even better than I had expected. A high school friend and I already have plans to see this August 15th.

Dopeman blew my subwoofer back in '91! That base line was lowwww.

Nice casting, especially Eazy-E.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I always laugh when I pass any car and the music is loud enough to hurt MY ears from that distance. They have to be soooo badass to blast music so loud they're giving themselves hearing loss LOL So absolutely pointless.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
And the music usually sucks.Its usually that rap **** or heavy metal headbanger crap.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I always laugh when I pass any car and the music is loud enough to hurt MY ears from that distance. They have to be soooo badass to blast music so loud they're giving themselves hearing loss LOL So absolutely pointless.

Yeah, me too now that I'm 40. It was pretty darn cool when I was 16 though. Living in a smaller town you would know who was coming down the street before you saw the car, just based on the stereo.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the insight.

Reaction score
Might take the wife to see this movie. She is a huge Death Row fan & an even bigger Tupac fan. She can recite the lyrics to almost every one of Tupacs songs.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Or that rock and roll crap or garbage pop or lame ass disco?

Can`t stand disco or lame ass pop music.Hate rap,heavy metal headbanger junk.I prefer music that speaks English.I don`t need some idiot wearing their hat backwards and pants hanging down talking crap.If that's your thing then good for you.Myself I think it sucks.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can`t stand disco or lame ass pop music.Hate rap,heavy metal headbanger junk.I prefer music that speaks English.I don`t need some idiot wearing their hat backwards and pants hanging down talking crap.If that's your thing then good for you.Myself I think it sucks.

To each his own. Much like the oldies style rock was considered the Devil's music, rap gave a unique voice to a generation that had none. I loved rap as a kid and if you took time to listen to the words there were plenty of songs with powerful messages that spoke to a generation that grew up on it. I understood the "English" just fine.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well if you hate pop, disco, rap and metal, you must listen to classic rock or country music.

I listen to all of it, except disco and country.

If I ever drive by you though, I will be sure to crank up anything but classic rock so you can tell me to get off of your lawn.

not sure what english has to do with any of it, I dont think anyone was talking about mariachi music.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Well if you hate pop, disco, rap and metal, you must listen to classic rock or country music.

I listen to all of it, except disco and country.

If I ever drive by you though, I will be sure to crank up anything but classic rock so you can tell me to get off of your lawn.

not sure what english has to do with any of it, I dont think anyone was talking about mariachi music.

I might mistake you for a revenuer looking for my still or pot plants.Stay away from my hills.:hammer:

Last edited: