I Think We Can Beat Anyone

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe that. I truly do. Green Bay, Denver(outside of Denver), Seattle, New England, it doesn't matter. Sure, we're going to lose a couple of games. Very few teams lose fewer than 3. I've been a fan for a lot of years and have never seen this team play like this. In past years, with the injuries this team would have folded faster than an origami artist on Red Bull but this team seems to get stronger. Next man up, next game up. Seattle better be ready because you know we will.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
With 4 of the last 6 on the road, it's also important to note: Defense Travels!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe that. I truly do. Green Bay, Denver(outside of Denver), Seattle, New England, it doesn't matter. Sure, we're going to lose a couple of games. Very few teams lose fewer than 3. I've been a fan for a lot of years and have never seen this team play like this. In past years, with the injuries this team would have folded faster than an origami artist on Red Bull but this team seems to get stronger. Next man up, next game up. Seattle better be ready because you know we will.

Great post but I'm now going to the game thread and seeing if you were this positive during the game. :)

I went on a mini vacation with friends to DC this weekend and wasn't able to watch much of the game today. I visited Washington, Roosevelt, Jefferson, Lincoln, Pentagon Memorials and Arlington. Very impactful weekend on so many levels for obvious reasons. As an aside although all of these attractions are incredible the one that moved me the most was the Pentagon Memorial to 9-11, so moving and the thought that went into is was amazing.

While all of the above puts football into perspective I must confess that the best part of my weekend was the Cards improving to 9-1.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That's a great line...is that yours? Doesn't matter, I'm stealing it anyway. :p

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think at home we can beat anyone. I think we go 4-2 in the last 6...no home losses, pick your poison for the 2 road losses.

13-3, best record in the NFC--first round bye, homefield advantage in the playoffs. yes please!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we can beat anyone at home. We've gotta stay strong through the remainder of the regular season and secure home field for the playoffs.

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, yeah? Know what I think??

I think we WILL NOT LOSE ANOTHER GAME!! That's right - 15 -1!!

Pretty bold huh?

MadJack

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
We'll find out next Sunday in Seattle. Talk about a desperate injured wild animal, that's the Seachickens at this point.

The next two games are 'do or die' for the Hawks -with us and then at SF on Thanksgiving night. I hear that Dan Williams is going to steal Marshawn Lynch's skittles. :D

Reaction score
I would expect that the Cardinals will get Seattle's best effort. It is absolutely a must win for the Seahawks!

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's a great line...is that yours? Doesn't matter, I'm stealing it anyway. :p

Actually no. I got it from the commentary from ESPN NFL 2K5. The actual line is something like "folded faster than an over caffeinated origami artist". I thought the line was hilarious as well as, if you take the ball and start running backward, "get the remote away from the dog!"

Napier

Pond Hopping
Reaction score
I feel like each week I consider the next game to being the most important of our season so far, but it really feels that way.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Actually no. I got it from the commentary from ESPN NFL 2K5. The actual line is something like "folded faster than an over caffeinated origami artist". I thought the line was hilarious as well as, if you take the ball and start running backward, "get the remote away from the dog!"

That's one of my favorite football games of all time.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's one of my favorite football games of all time.
IMO it's the best football game next to Techmo Super Bowl for NES. 2K Sports acted brilliantly here making a fun game then under selling Madden by $30($29.99 as opposed to $59.99 for Madden). EA saw the writing on the wall and made that huge deal with the NFL for beaucoup bucks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO it's the best football game next to Techmo Super Bowl for NES. 2K Sports acted brilliantly here making a fun game then under selling Madden by $30($29.99 as opposed to $59.99 for Madden). EA saw the writing on the wall and made that huge deal with the NFL for beaucoup bucks.

NFL 2k5 was the best, but this Tecmo Super Bowl was the second best.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, Tecmo Super Bowl was by far my favorite game ever. Me and shaggy played that all the time.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually was. The most negative thing I kept on saying is that you can't let Detroit hang around.

I actually did read the entire game thread and you were more positive than normal but I wasn't confusing your posts with desertdawgs. :)

I agree with cardsfanmd, we can beat anyone at home so getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs is a must.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I AGREE! We proved that yesterday. Even with the whole world expecting, dare I say hoping we would finally lose. Did anyone outside the fan base pick us to win yesterday?

I am shocked that GatorHATER hasn't crapped all over this thread yet...

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think at home we can beat anyone. I think we go 4-2 in the last 6...no home losses, pick your poison for the 2 road losses.

13-3, best record in the NFC--first round bye, homefield advantage in the playoffs. yes please!
I actually want them to lose a home game before the PO's. Would prefer KC, but don't really care if it's the Chickies either. I don't want them going into the PO's undefeated at home. It's just a law-of-averages thing for me.

3-3 over the final six should give them the #1 seed. GB is the only team that could surpass the Cards, imo.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Right now, with the way they are playing, I don't think we can beat Green Bay or New England. They are blowing away good teams; we are playing close games against everybody and escaping. Perhaps Denver as well, however they are not as good now as when we played them earlier in the season.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right now, with the way they are playing, I don't think we can beat Green Bay or New England. They are blowing away good teams; we are playing close games against everybody and escaping. Perhaps Denver as well, however they are not as good now as when we played them earlier in the season.

I wouldn't call the Bears, Vikings, or Panthers good. The Eagles are decent but let's face it, they play in a weak division and have some key defensive injuries. Packers were also locked down against the Lions. NE is good but they were beaten pretty good by Miami and KC. No team is infallible. I trust our defense. We did pretty well against Denver until the defense were only getting about 5 minutes rest.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard